Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor
You sure have plenty of negative to say about the family of the guy you're "not running against."

Have to say, love the message about running for the constituents and public service and doing for the people, etc. - BUT it sure sounds contrived given your malicious attacks on the Q family.

I'm all for fresh blood, but your bite sure sounds like the old fashioned politics that is destroying this area. You're a little young and new to the game to have that much hatred for someone. Tell us what YOU can do and sell yourself if you are really concerned for the area. The maliciousness is what keeps good people out of politics, so that their good names aren't smeared. We don't need that.
Dear LAsurvivor,

I appreciate your constructive criticism. The question about J.Q. arose, and I intended to answer it. If I intend to win, I have to use some time to discuss why I believe my opponent is not qualified for reelection. Admittedly, the bite sounded very harsh. I harbour no hatred for the current assemblyman. I am just very upset to see the region and the people that I love be neglected. But let me state here for the record that this is not a campaign to knock out J.Q. It is a campaign for me to represent the people.

I don't want to be malicious, and I hope I never come across that way again. I sincerely apologize if I sounded that way. I assure you that it wasn't the intent.

I am not a hateful, spiteful young man. I hope the political spite dies with the ancien regime in this region, and is not reborn in my generation.

There is one thing I do hold contempt for. That is politics itself. I love government. Loooove it, because of the good it can do for human beings when operated intelligently, cautiously, and compassionately. But politics is the beast that always keeps the government from functioning in the best interests of the people.

and working for the people, but I hate politics. If I want to represent the people honestly and fairly, I have to go through the election. And although ideally it would be wonderful if we could heed President Washington's consternation against political parties; we would unquestionably be better off in our towns, in our states, and as a nation. I know my limitations. I cannot do away with political parties, but I can join the majority party and get positive things done - get real results to bring back to the People of the 146th Assembly District.

We face a number of serious issues that have failed to be dealt with satisfactorily by any member of either house in Albany thus far.

- Taxes are too high, and startup costs for small business is prohibitive. I want to work to keep the tax burden down for small business in the form of tax credits and incentives. This region is dying. Drastic times call for drastic measures, and that includes reducing the tax penalties for people who just want to start a business and life in our region. Their fiscal input to our society is great as it is. Why on earth should we want to deter the very people who are here to make our region great?

- Law enforcement isn't taken as seriously as it should be and is underfunded.

- Government funds are being wasted in the worst programs, where they should instead be allocated to schools, fire departments, police departments, jails, energy research/development, etc. We already have enough money to spend on these programs, and taxes don't need to be raised another penny. However, the funding has to be redirected.

- Government spending is out of control.

- Medicaid has to be fixed.

- Child molestors must be interred in prison for life to keep our children safe and secure.

- Terrorism. Yes, I know that seems like it belongs at the federal level, but in reality it begins at the state level. Police, fire, and EMS services are our first line of defense. Tightening up security at the state level reduces our risk for being attacked again.

These are just a few brief comments on a small portion of issues facing this area right now. I have to be on my way, but I'll be back shortly.

Once again LAsurvivor, I appreciate the time you have spent reading my posts, and I take your comments very seriously. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Max Tresmond
NYS Assembly Candidate, 146th District