Thread: Two Ferguson Timelines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Two Ferguson Timelines

Talk about a f'ed up situation.

Here is the original timeline that had twitter on fire
    • Unarmed black teenager shot by [unknown race] police officer
    • Boys from the block say he was a gentle soul with his arms up and said don't shoot
    • Protests turn to riots in a mostly black town with a mostly white police force
    • Mostly white police force using swat and riot gear suppress riots
    • People told not to protest after 9pm and are shocked they are arrested for protesting after 9pm
    • Anonymous says it's a white officer
    • Twitter says 'F The Police'
    • Twitter says 'Say something Obama' - Obama is silent for days.
    • Obama speaks but does not say enough for twitter.

Here is the new timeline
    • Unarmed black MAN who's 6-4 300lbs is the target of a strongarm robbery
    • A [potentially black] police officer confronts the suspect.
    • A fight happens where the suspect confronts and assaults the officer and the suspect is shot
    • The officer in question is treated for injuries from the situation
    • Boys from the block say he was a gentle soul with his arms up and said don't shoot
    • Protests turn to riots in a mostly black town with a mostly white police force
    • Obama is told of the situation and knows enough to stay quite
    • Ignorant folks on twitter go crazy
    • People told not to protest after 9pm and are shocked they are arrested for protesting after 9pm
    • Images of the suspect on video committing a strongarm robbery are released
    • The public is informed it was a black police officer involved in the shooting
    • Twitter rage goes silent
    Last edited by leftWNYbecauseofBS; August 15th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

My entire problem with this is that if Brown was a robbery suspect, why did it take almost a week to say so?

Among other things:

1. No curfew was ever passed.
    2. Alleged accomplice in the robbery walking with Brown not taken into custody, questioned or otherwise mentioned by police.
    3. Cops teargassing/arresting reporters and disabling camera gear. Caught on tape. What are they hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    My entire problem with this is that if Brown was a robbery suspect, why did it take almost a week to say so?

Among other things:

1. No curfew was ever passed.
    2. Alleged accomplice in the robbery walking with Brown not taken into custody, questioned or otherwise mentioned by police.
    3. Cops teargassing/arresting reporters and disabling camera gear. Caught on tape. What are they hiding?

Strange things for sure. However I think with situations like this when every tiny detail is analyzed your going to see strange things. Hell, if someone analyzed my trip to the grocery store yesterday they could find some strange things.

As for the curfew, I know that 9pm was communicated. Both sides have spoken specifically to 9pm.

Don't have any details on the accomplice.

As for the teargassing/arresting of PEOPLE, there were riots. That is what you do when you have riots. Going further on this, I watched the interview of one of the reporters after he was released the next day. My personal take was he was painting a picture. Keep on saying it was peaceful yet from the same night I see pictures of people with molotov cocktails.

The details need to come out. My point was not to say everything is out and so and so is wrong. Rather, people look like idiots by raging on twitter w/o all of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Strange things for sure. However I think with situations like this when every tiny detail is analyzed your going to see strange things. Hell, if someone analyzed my trip to the grocery store yesterday they could find some strange things.

As for the curfew, I know that 9pm was communicated. Both sides have spoken specifically to 9pm.

Don't have any details on the accomplice.

As for the teargassing/arresting of PEOPLE, there were riots. That is what you do when you have riots. Going further on this, I watched the interview of one of the reporters after he was released the next day. My personal take was he was painting a picture. Keep on saying it was peaceful yet from the same night I see pictures of people with molotov cocktails.

The details need to come out. My point was not to say everything is out and so and so is wrong. Rather, people look like idiots by raging on twitter w/o all of the details.
    Its my understanding that the police have no authority to issue a curfew. Only the council can do that and they didn't.

Further more there were no arrests or incidents last night. The first night the militarized police were not threatening the crowds. Go figure.

Did you watch this? http://boingboing.net/2014/08/14/vid...ice-gassi.html

Also where is it being reported that the officer is black? I had not seen that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Its my understanding that the police have no authority to issue a curfew. Only the council can do that and they didn't.

Further more there were no arrests or incidents last night. The first night the militarized police were not threatening the crowds. Go figure.

Did you watch this? http://boingboing.net/2014/08/14/vid...ice-gassi.html

Regarding the militarized police. I get your perspective but a couple things to consider:

1 - There were riots. Riots call for riot suppression. See images below

2 - I watched a clip of the reporter who was released said that first they used smoke bombs. People dispersed but once they realized it was not tear gas they reformed. Then tear gas was used.

3 - Last night was what the 5th night since the shooting. I think that and simply a different police force played a part..just as I think not looking at police in riot gear also played a part.

Here are some images to counter your video. Does not look like peaceful protests to me. Don't get me wrong...lots of mistakes were made and people need to be held accountable. That said, there are two sides to this.

Regarding the militarized police. I get your perspective but a couple things to consider:

2 - I watched a clip of the reporter who was released said that first they used smoke bombs. People dispersed but once they realized it was not tear gas they reformed. Then tear gas was used.

3 - Last night was what the 5th night since the shooting. I think that and simply a different police force played a part..just as I think not looking at police in riot gear also played a part.

Here are some images to counter your video. Does not look like peaceful protests to me. Don't get me wrong...lots of mistakes were made and people need to be held accountable. That said, there are two sides to this.

Which night are those from?

My video was not meant to illustrate a peaceful protest. It was meant to illustrate the illegal suppression of the press. I get it. you probably didn't watch it.

I'm not saying there are not two sides. I am just having a harder time believing the one I should trust.

The Associated Press reported:

"Darren Wilson, a 28-year-old white officer, has patrolled suburban St. Louis for six years and had no complaints filed against him, Jackson said"

"The tension eased Thursday after the governor turned oversight of the protests over to the Missouri Highway Patrol.

Within hours, the mood on the street lighted, with state troopers walking side-by-side with peaceful protesters and no hint of violence.

Gone were the police in riot gear and armored vehicles, pointing assault rifles at protesters and firing tear gas into crowds"

[QUOTE=leftWNYbecauseofBS;1415828]Regarding the militarized police. I get your perspective but a couple things to consider:

Where was it "quoted" the COPS used smoke instead of tear gas - I must have missed that ? ?

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Talk about a f'ed up situation.

Here is the original timeline that had twitter on fire
    • Unarmed black teenager shot by [unknown race] police officer

Here is the new timeline
    • Unarmed black MAN who's 6-4 300lbs is the target of a strongarm robbery
    • A [potentially black] police officer confronts the suspect.
    • A fight happens where the suspect confronts and assaults the officer and the suspect is shot
    • The officer in question is treated for injuries from the situation
    • Obama is told of the situation and knows enough to stay quite
    • Ignorant folks on twitter go crazy
    • Images of the suspect on video committing a strongarm robbery are released
    • The public is informed it was a black police officer involved in the shooting
    • Twitter rage goes silent
    This was a terrible tragic event that took place in this town. IMO no one is a winner here. Even though some one died through an incident that took place, I feel that it still did not have to turn out to be some sort of war zone where these people who live in this town, grocery shopped in this town, took their children to school in this town, planted flowers and raised a family in town who polarized and demonized their own town. A town can voice their freedom of speech in a peaceful fashion, but to destroy a town like they did and allowed people from other towns to enter into their own town and participate in destroying everything shows that we as a society have not flourished-- instead we have regressed.

I would not blame the law enforcement agencies at all if they choose to not enter into towns to protect and serve because of this kind of mindset. What a shame.

Thread Information