Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Ferguson Timelines

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Autopsy results enough to charge officer, Brown family attorney says
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/mis...html?hpt=hp_t1

It's really poor form to post something like this without adding your opinion on it. Just my 2 cents. We would all be a little better off if we digested information and then formed > shared our personal opinions rather than just posting, retweeting, linking...etc.

It's the family lawyer....meaningless. I'll just add that not one of these shots went into his back...which was previously reported by the same eyewitnesses who said he had his hands up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    My current opinion is: I wasn't there so I really can't have an opinion on this. I know we have officers who's power goes to their heads and we have people who just lie. Witnesses and police included. People will lie right to your face to cover their butts without regard to any damage they cause because of their lies. I'm posting items like this up as I see them so people can digest more information.

Even if it's the family lawyer it can't be any less/more meaningless than the lawyer who will represent the police officer. Right?

Correct about the shots. I heard a man/woman on tv who said they saw the man running away. Heard the shots, the man jerked as if he was hit and then turned around with his hands up. It is possible the cop shot, the guy jerked from hearing the gun go off without being hit and then turned around. We don't know unless we have clear video of the two.

Another question that came to my mind is why shoot to kill unless the man had a weapon? I did not dig too deep but anyone know how close the man was to the officer who shot? If there was more than lets say 20 feet between the two how does the officer justify shooting him in the head unless the man was shooting back etc.

In almost all civilian trials when a person is shot dead and the shooter claims "self defense" one of the standard questions posed is. "Why more than one shot? - What constitutes fear of mortal injury on the part of the shooter?"

Six bullets in the victim - how many rounds does the officers side arm contain - how many shots were fired ?

How many bullets were needed to stop this young man from advancing - if he was ?

Did the officer at any time call for back up or radio in his intent to confront these young men - why ?
    Did 911 receive a complaint of them interfering with traffic ?

Look I don't believe this Cop is a cold blooded killer.
    He over reacted - why ?

Cops have stressful jobs - we can all agree on that fact.

It just doesn't appear that their training or follow up training has been adequate - to many Cops are out there day after day - night after night. Alone - in a environment that is full of negative events, crime , brutality and all manner of insult to their senses. It has to take it toll -

Then throw in Political influences - who gets the job - who gets the better positions and appointments - why some seem to get promoted easier than others. What a maze of mixed emotions and so many self imposed lines to walk. WOW !

Something's got to change - throwing money and heavy weapons in the mix isn't the answer - it cant be !

See it how you may - blame who you want - what should be done on all sides to stop it ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Is there any crime against blacks that you won't excuse, condone or applaud, Lefty? Your racism bleeds through in many of your posts on this website but this one takes the cake.

By all reports, this young man was NOT threatening the police officer but was backing away. He wasn't armed. His size or his possible involvement in a crime in the recent past does NOT justify the police officer shooting him because, in case you forgot, the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" also applies to black people.

By all reports you say? Each day a new report comes out that corrects a previous one. But I'll go let the woman who moved out to the sticks so all that she would see is green grass and white people call me a racist. Too funny.

The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" applies to everyone you dipsh*t but don't let that get in your way.

That old hag makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Another question that came to my mind is why shoot to kill unless the man had a weapon? I did not dig too deep but anyone know how close the man was to the officer who shot? If there was more than lets say 20 feet between the two how does the officer justify shooting him in the head unless the man was shooting back etc.
    There is no other reason to fire at another human other than to kill. Either you are justify in killing the other person or you shouldn't be firing your weapon in the first place.

You can't shoot to not kill. Every shot fired has a risk of killing both the intended target and unintended people. There is no justification for firing a weapon unless you need to kill the other person. Even a warning shot fired into the air can kill an innocent person a mile away.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Ferguson, MO and Police Militarization (HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    By all reports you say? Each day a new report comes out that corrects a previous one. But I'll go let the woman who moved out to the sticks so all that she would see is green grass and white people call me a racist. Too funny.

The idea of "innocent until proven guilty" applies to everyone you dipsh*t but don't let that get in your way.
    Whenever you can't defend valid criticisms, you resort to name-calling. It's getting old.

An unarmed kid is dead from six bullets, 2 to the head, while the police officer was not injured in any way. Most people in the civilized world would consider that to be at least excessive use of force. You, of course, excuse the shooting because the kid was big and he might have been involved in a robbery earlier. You also attempted to confuse the issue by saying "potentially" the officer was black (he wasn't), and then you claimed that blacks were known to lie to the police. What a crock of racist bull manure!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    Whenever you can't defend valid criticisms, you resort to name-calling. It's getting old.

An unarmed kid is dead from six bullets, 2 to the head, while the police officer was not injured in any way. Most people in the civilized world would consider that to be at least excessive use of force. You, of course, excuse the shooting because the kid was big and he might have been involved in a robbery earlier. You also attempted to confuse the issue by saying "potentially" the officer was black (he wasn't), and then you claimed that blacks were known to lie to the police. What a crock of racist bull manure!
    Well you're wrong on several levels and you're brilliantly showing your ignorance.

First, there is nothing out of SOP in firing off 6 bullets. Police officers are trained to shoot until the threat is over. The first few rounds were not lethal but also did not end the threat.

Second, you have zero proof that the officer was not injured in any way. Just another example of you trying to post BS to frame your argument. Now that the mass media and scumbag lawyers have had their 15 minutes to craft a story that fits their wants, the truth is actually starting to come out with eyewitness accounts and video evidence.

Third, it's your opinion of excessive use of force. You also are unable to see the contradictions in the chatter from Pigeons like yourself. First people say 6 shots is too much. Then people say using a lethal shot is too much. You're a #%#$%$# idiot if you can see how stupid that actually is.

Fourth, at the time information I had said that. Going further, if you want to stick your head in the stand regarding the 'Stop Snitching' culture and you refuse to accept that their is a strong cultural tied to lie to the police...again...you're a #%#$%$# idiot. Go start your research with Tawwana Brawley and Crystal Gail Mangum.

Lastly, I DGAF what you think...really. You're typical and a dime a dozen.

Is it justified to use lethal force from stopping somebody from rushing you?

What could have happened if the officer did not shoot.. and the kid charged him? What would be the likelihood of somebody on drugs being 6-4 with aggression could disarm someone else even when wounded..In my opinion pretty high if it comes to blows on the ground. The worst thing a cop do is lose their firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Is it justified to use lethal force from stopping somebody from rushing you?

What could have happened if the officer did not shoot.. and the kid charged him? What would be the likelihood of somebody on drugs being 6-4 with aggression could disarm someone else even when wounded..In my opinion pretty high if it comes to blows on the ground. The worst thing a cop do is lose their firearm.
    And with todays reporting that the officer suffered significant injuries to his face before Michael ran off makes his charging back at the officer for a second round absolutely justified in stopping that threat. It goes back to one of the many things I learned early on in this job, every call is a "man with a gun" call...YOURS.

b.b.

The graffiti on the side of the looted and burnt out quickie mart in ferguson says "snitches get stitches".

Well, when the time comes, and it will, that the locals don't have a place to get gas or spend their benefit money, I hope the remember who is to blame for torching and robbing one of the few businesses brave enough to establish themself in the ghetto.

"We ain't gots no place to buy our foods and gas", they'll whine. Oh well. You should have told the savages down the street not to loot your quickie mart.
    If the stores do rebuild, I hope the super gouge the residents even more.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I just don't get the looting part of this. They people who own the businesses are not the ones who shot the guy. I'm assuming the people doing the looting may be parents. What type of example does that set for your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    The graffiti on the side of the looted and burnt out quickie mart in ferguson says "snitches get stitches".

Well, when the time comes, and it will, that the locals don't have a place to get gas or spend their benefit money, I hope the remember who is to blame for torching and robbing one of the few businesses brave enough to establish themself in the ghetto.

"We ain't gots no place to buy our foods and gas", they'll whine. Oh well. You should have told the savages down the street not to loot your quickie mart.
    If the stores do rebuild, I hope the super gouge the residents even more.
    Hey...you're pretty good at that lingo...you take a course in EBONICS??

"snitches get stitches".
    Are you sure that wasn't a sticker on the armored vehicles ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information