Thread: Mice - Logitech M510 Wireless Laser Mouse

Mice - Logitech M510 Wireless Laser Mouse

While I know alot of people use ordinary mice, whatever is cheapest!

I use middle - high end mice... I have tried the low end mice, and their not that great.

I switched to higher end mice about 10 years ago, and never looked back, the precision feel, and functionality.... while more expensive, is worth it to me.

Moving on...

A few years ago, I bought (2) Logitech MX510 mice. Red... they died... I LOVED them! but the MX518's were still available. So I bought 2 of those (I buy mice in pairs)

My last one, was beginning to show signs after 3 years of not working so well, particularly in games, where precision is essential.. it would 'skip' or would pause before moving. Mind you its a wired mouse, plugged into a USB 2.0 slot... Mouse is dying

Like all great things in life, it came to an end. Mind you it still works. Fine actually, I bet I can get another 6 months out of it.

Things I look for in a mouse:

Size: I have fairly large paws...
    Options: I NEED a forward/back thumb buttons
    Tactile Wheel: I HATE free wheeling mice. Mice where the wheel has zero resistance... I like the little bumps u feel as you turn the wheel..
    Wired/Wireless: never had a wireless mouse til now.

But since it began acting up, I began researching mice. I only look at mice I can get locally. Because of 2 reasons:

1) I can buy it NOW and dont have to wait, and its usually only a few bucks more locally... Sometimes even cheaper than online.

2) I can go into a store and touch and feel the mouse, hold it in my hand and stuff... play with it, if you will....

I had settled on the Logitech M325. for $15... rediculously cheap! way cheaper than my MX518's which i happily paid over $50 each...

So I waddled off to best buy, and man, white a tiny Mouse! No way!

back to the drawing board... then I found the M510, and the M525. I didnt like the M525 while with in the $50 range, it had the 'free spin' wheel... YUCK! Then I saw the M510, and researched that, a couple reveiws, and playing with it at the store... Thing is, the store didnt have it as a stand alone product on display, only with the Keyboard combo... Best Buy on Niagara Falls Blvd by the 290 didnt even carry it... and their sales folks were kind of anoying... and whats with scattering the mice all over the store?

So I went to the Clarence best buy, fondled the mouse... then went looking for the individual mouse, thats on sale for $25

I bought 2.

Its important to note that the 'silver' one is currently on sale (wireless) for $25, other colors are $40... and its not marked in store.. Another win for the smart phone 'wait, this should be $50ish, not $80, this mouse is on sale for $25/each, see!'

So both for $50. Im quite a happy camper... Had the mouse a few days, and so far its been great =P
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

It's also $24.99 at Walmart and in stock at the Sheridan Dr store, Depew store and Niagara Falls Blvd store.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-M...Mouse/15105354

Georgia L Schlager

Big fan of Logitech wireless keyboards and mice. I have several Logitech wireless keyboards, typing on the K800 right now. I have owned at least a dozen of different versions of the mice. The M525 has a flaw, with use the single click becomes double. A flaw in design has a small copper spring get deformed easily. http://www.redferret.net/?p=31008

I use the M310 now... have several of them I have a couple M325s I keep with my laptops.

I do not need the forward and back buttons.

Overall great mice...

I get mine online at Office Depot, free shipping and fast delivery. Newegg.com and tigerdirect.com are good sources too.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I use the M505 mice. I don't think they make them any more. I use a N305 Number pad for my netbook

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I am happy with a Logitech g500 but I'm on my 3rd one. The cable tends to wear out where it enters the mouse.

2.4g wireless is the way to go Res...
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I don't use wireless mice, because they lag in gaming but Logi is the best. I, too, buy mice in pairs. My fav was my logi G9. Awesome mouse!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I am happy with a Logitech g500 but I'm on my 3rd one. The cable tends to wear out where it enters the mouse.
    every have the button click issue where it either doesn't register or causes multiple clicks to register?
    apparently there are a few causes, dry air seems to be one as static causes issues. Mine was horrible this past winter but has been fine now that it is humid again
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yep the buttons would do that occasionally. Thinking about it... I went through 4 in total. The forth is sitting on a shelf at work. I have to get an RMA to have it replaced. I have in it's place an Anywhere MX wireless Logitech until I get another one back.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I don't use wireless mice, because they lag in gaming but Logi is the best. I, too, buy mice in pairs. My fav was my logi G9. Awesome mouse!
    gaming.... haha

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    every have the button click issue where it either doesn't register or causes multiple clicks to register?
    apparently there are a few causes, dry air seems to be one as static causes issues. Mine was horrible this past winter but has been fine now that it is humid again
    you did not read the thread did you?

i have never had that problem... knock on wood.

I use a Logitech MX 5500 wireless Mouse and Keyboard
    Keyboard is great
    Mouse is a little to sensitive (right click button) for me.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

I have had a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A and Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 for about six years and no problems. I can take them anywhere in my office or in the next room and they still work! I don't use them in the other room just check to see how far they will work. At Tiger Direct you can check the prices and see a list of Wireless keyboard and mouse for less than $39.00 for both.. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...022b-_-CatId_9

Thread Information