While I know alot of people use ordinary mice, whatever is cheapest!

I use middle - high end mice... I have tried the low end mice, and their not that great.

I switched to higher end mice about 10 years ago, and never looked back, the precision feel, and functionality.... while more expensive, is worth it to me.

Moving on...

A few years ago, I bought (2) Logitech MX510 mice. Red... they died... I LOVED them! but the MX518's were still available. So I bought 2 of those (I buy mice in pairs)

My last one, was beginning to show signs after 3 years of not working so well, particularly in games, where precision is essential.. it would 'skip' or would pause before moving. Mind you its a wired mouse, plugged into a USB 2.0 slot... Mouse is dying

Like all great things in life, it came to an end. Mind you it still works. Fine actually, I bet I can get another 6 months out of it.

Things I look for in a mouse:

Size: I have fairly large paws...
Options: I NEED a forward/back thumb buttons
Tactile Wheel: I HATE free wheeling mice. Mice where the wheel has zero resistance... I like the little bumps u feel as you turn the wheel..
Wired/Wireless: never had a wireless mouse til now.

But since it began acting up, I began researching mice. I only look at mice I can get locally. Because of 2 reasons:

1) I can buy it NOW and dont have to wait, and its usually only a few bucks more locally... Sometimes even cheaper than online.

2) I can go into a store and touch and feel the mouse, hold it in my hand and stuff... play with it, if you will....

I had settled on the Logitech M325. for $15... rediculously cheap! way cheaper than my MX518's which i happily paid over $50 each...

So I waddled off to best buy, and man, white a tiny Mouse! No way!

back to the drawing board... then I found the M510, and the M525. I didnt like the M525 while with in the $50 range, it had the 'free spin' wheel... YUCK! Then I saw the M510, and researched that, a couple reveiws, and playing with it at the store... Thing is, the store didnt have it as a stand alone product on display, only with the Keyboard combo... Best Buy on Niagara Falls Blvd by the 290 didnt even carry it... and their sales folks were kind of anoying... and whats with scattering the mice all over the store?

So I went to the Clarence best buy, fondled the mouse... then went looking for the individual mouse, thats on sale for $25

I bought 2.

Its important to note that the 'silver' one is currently on sale (wireless) for $25, other colors are $40... and its not marked in store.. Another win for the smart phone 'wait, this should be $50ish, not $80, this mouse is on sale for $25/each, see!'

So both for $50. Im quite a happy camper... Had the mouse a few days, and so far its been great =P