Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Verizon

Frustrated with Verizon

I currently have home phone service with ACN and DSL service with Verizon. To save money, I was going try Verizon's phone and DSL bundle. I was putting my order in online but the Verizon website wanted me to change my home phone number. My phone number was a Verizon number 10 years ago. I emailed for assistance. The rep told me that the number is not transferable. Under the Federal Communications Commission’s “local number portability” (LNP) rules, so long as you remain in the same geographic area, you can switch telephone service providers, including interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers, and keep your existing phone number. Why doesn't the FCC rule apply to Verizon?

Georgia L Schlager

Interesting isnt it?

I myself am currently switching from Verizon DSL to cable, since I am paying $60 a month for a 7mb down DSL connection with Verizon.

Vs $50/ mo with time Warner for 30mb down...

Plus I have dealt with Verizon for the past 4 months trying to fix the intermittent connection issues, and extremely slow speeds... Still not fixed. So I'm done...

I'm begining to think that is being done on purpose to get me to switch to the over priced FIOS service, which then I would have to switch my phone company from Qtel to verizon, which would increase my monthly cost from $30 to over $100 because Verizon loves to cut the copper phone line when they install FIOS.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

I use Verizon only for our smartphones, we bundled our home phone, TV, & internet with Time-Warner, saved some bucks doing so, not many "issues" yet with our cell phone...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

gorja,
    Is the number you wish to port currently your number? If it is...it is absolutely portable to you. Call back and get a different rep. The number you want to port must have active service and it must be yours. You can actually port the number yourself(try 888-294-6804), I just went thru it, it took less than 2 mins and the number was on my new phone. Be aware!! all of verizons payment/service activations are down in the northeast and have been since wednesday evening.

Bill

edit:speeling

Verizon's services are back up, at least from my smartphone...
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloVR View Post
    gorja,
    Is the number you wish to port currently your number?
    YES, it is a landline
    If it is...it is absolutely portable to you. Call back and get a different rep. The number you want to port must have active service and it must be yours. You can actually port the number yourself(try 888-294-6804), I just went thru it, it took less than 2 mins and the number was on my new phone. Be aware!! all of verizons payment/service activations are down in the northeast and have been since wednesday evening.

Bill

edit:speeling
    Thanks. that number is for wireless. I filed a complaint with the FCC

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by dgrzeb View Post
    I use Verizon only for our smartphones, we bundled our home phone, TV, & internet with Time-Warner, saved some bucks doing so, not many "issues" yet with our cell phone...
    I don't watch TV so need for TV bundle for me.

Georgia L Schlager

I used to have verizon for the cell phone, but that $10/mo data charge on my old env2 cell phone cause I 'night' use the Internet on it, was a slap in the face.

Especially since Verizon was charging $60/mo...

I dumped Verizon for cell phone service to virgin mobile. Bought an iPhone 4 on sale for $250, and pay $44 month for 1200 minutes, and 2600mb of data (used to be unlimited) unlimited text too...

And I don't own a TV.

My friends who have iPhones with Verizon are paying over $100 a month, but they got their cell phones for 'free'

People with an iPhone on Verizon pay an extra fee, for the 'privilege' of having an iPhone...

And every year I get 1 month free for being a loyal customer

I got the Motorola Moto G for 80$ and it's 45$ a month for unlimited calls and text with 1/2gb data. I dont really care about the data, I don't surf much on the phone. Previously I've had virgin,boost,cricket...I got really really tired of dropped calls and/or no service. So far on Verizon I've yet to have a dropped call, even while paddling on the finger lakes.

Our problem is we use our smartphones for 90% of our internet use, be it for info, locations, mapping, surfin' the 'net, social networking, getting the latest news, etc. I only use my desktop AND laptop about 10% of the time. We both picked up Samsung S5's with unlimited texting & calling, & 6 gigs of data per month for $100/month, the "carriers" are going crazy right now in their quest for customers, really good deals I believe. We did pay $99 for the phones though, still it's a heck of a lot better then I did with the "other" giant carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I currently have home phone service with ACN and DSL service with Verizon. To save money, I was going try Verizon's phone and DSL bundle. I was putting my order in online but the Verizon website wanted me to change my home phone number. My phone number was a Verizon number 10 years ago. I emailed for assistance. The rep told me that the number is not transferable. Under the Federal Communications Commission’s “local number portability” (LNP) rules, so long as you remain in the same geographic area, you can switch telephone service providers, including interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers, and keep your existing phone number. Why doesn't the FCC rule apply to Verizon?
    Verizon called me today and said the customer service rep that contacted me didn't know what he was talking about. She said that she was working until 7:30 and if she figured out how to port my number before then, she would call me back. She just called and we're all set.

Georgia L Schlager

As i thought. I had the same thing happen with a rep. One told me something the next rep said was not true, unfortunately… it did not work in my favor. Good to hear it's all sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Verizon called me today and said the customer service rep that contacted me didn't know what he was talking about. She said that she was working until 7:30 and if she figured out how to port my number before then, she would call me back. She just called and we're all set.
    After receiving a copy of a letter today that Verizon sent to the FCC, I realize the Verizon rep that called and straightened everything out wasn't calling because she was nice but because Verizon had received my complaint from the FCC.

Georgia L Schlager

Thats epic!

I use two cans and a lot of string.. no land line service, no tv., I use the solar lights from the garden to light the house the $1 ones from trash mart only a portable radio from the 60's and one 9v battery.... so I can listen to the rev. tom and the mouth..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information