Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills ? ? ? Sabres Rule !!

Bills ? ? ? Sabres Rule !!

We see 41 games per year at $21 per game. The games start on time and are fast, exciting and we are actually close enough to be able to read the player's names. Parking is free. Beer is $5.50. Italian sausage is $4. I haven't seen 1 fight (in the stands). The players are young upstanding gentlemen (except when on the ice), so why the hell do I want to pay to watch a bunch of fat primadonnas that actually play for maybe 12 actual minutes of play of the 60 minute game ?

Sabres RULE.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan
    We see 41 games per year at $21 per game. The games start on time and are fast, exciting and we are actually close enough to be able to read the player's names. Parking is free. Beer is $5.50. Italian sausage is $4. I haven't seen 1 fight (in the stands). The players are young upstanding gentlemen (except when on the ice), so why the hell do I want to pay to watch a bunch of fat primadonnas that actually play for maybe 12 actual minutes of play of the 60 minute game ?

Sabres RULE.
    I just wish they woudl stop this momentum slide going into playoff time.

Ugh Buffalo sports will give me an ulcer someday!

OOOOHHH YEAHHH!!!!
    I do agree!
    For a sport it is and has always been the blue collar sport it was ment to be.
    I'm in!

You Buffalo people sick of getting your hearts ripped out of your bodies yet??. Buffalo sports will always let you down, hence the name queen city. 2nd is the best you will ever be. Just watch the Sabres pull the biggest flop in Nhl history. Its alright the Bills start again in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by chiefhoey
    You Buffalo people sick of getting your hearts ripped out of your bodies yet??. Buffalo sports will always let you down, hence the name queen city. 2nd is the best you will ever be. Just watch the Sabres pull the biggest flop in Nhl history. Its alright the Bills start again in Sept
    The good thing about having a Stanley cup stolen from Buffalo is..
    They had to change the rules because of their screw up.
    When your team is providing this kind of game, winning big is the iceing on the cake. The cost of the ticket is well worth the dime, even when loosing in the end all the time.

Sabres will win in Toto

Yep, you read it here 1st. This game tomorrow will signal the end of their recent losing ways. Afterthe drubbing lastSat nite 7-0, I think the whole team from head coach to each player had to be embarrassed. I expect them to come out strong Monday nite in Toto. Hopefully Jochen Hecht will be back so that we can get our 4 lines going again.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Darcy Tucker is a scumbag. Grier gave him a tremendous hit, knocking him flat. So what does that dirtball do? He goes after Jokin' Jochen Hecht. He missed him the first time, so he went after him again with a knee on knee hit.
    What a scumbag.

NHL wimped out

Yeah the league could have made a statement that this BS is no longer tolerable, but they didn't. Yeah Grier demolished the scumbag, and the league sat by and condoned Tucker's response.

I heard a good plan to deal with this kind of crap : the player who knocks someone out of the lineup for illegal or cheap shots gets suspended for as long as the injured player remains out. If he's out for life, they the player is essentially out of hockey forever. That would send a big message. It will still happen but not so frequently.

Jochen is lucky that it's only a bad sprain and not a torn MCL or ACL. Those can be career ending injuries. Let's hope he' back 100% for the playoffs.

last night's game against the Senators ROCKED.

Yeah it did. Here's hoping our boys are back in form. If they perform in the playoffs the way they played last night, they'll be unstoppable. Both of Briere's golas were for the highlight reel. Afinigenov is a wild man.

There was a couple of bad plays, namely Kalinin's giveaway with 5 minutes left in the third, that could have done us in. But overall they played physical and outworked the Sens.

OOH! AH! SABRES ON THE WAR PATH!

Kalinin ?

I'm not sure about this guy whether he is a head case or just overrated. He hasn't made a great play all season, and every time I watch him so far I just have to hold my breath.

I hope he can turn his play around in time for the playoffs.

Kalinin was supposed to replace Zhitnik, but I don't know what happened. That guy has not lived up to expectations at all. Between him and Fitzpatrick it's pick your poison.

Old Time Hockey ? ?

Tonight I watched the Vancouver / Calgary game and it went into OT with the Canucks winning 3-2.

Look, I have seasons tickets to the Sabres and have been to every home game this year, and the way the game is called (usually) is that it favors the fast team that can skate and pass and use teamwork to get the goals. That's why the Sabres are doing so well this year.

But, (and a big but at that), watching the game tonite looked like the old broad steet bullies (aka Phi Flyers) who beat the crap out of everyone to make up for their lack of talent. I don't know if the refs were in the same league as those in the astern Conf. I thought they outlawed interference and boarding. The only penalty I saw was called against Ed Jovanowski for literally slashing the skates out from under a Calgary player (tripping).

Wht a f----ng joke. I hope the Easten Conference doesn't have to deal with this BS when we get to the Stanley Cup series.

From what I saw, the referees and linesmen from that game should be fired immediately if not sooner for their pathetic performance.

It makes me wonder if there isn't a fight going on at the highest levels of NHL management about what kind of hockey game they really want to have !

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan
    From what I saw, the referees and linesmen from that game should be fired immediately if not sooner for their pathetic performance.

It makes me wonder if there isn't a fight going on at the highest levels of NHL management about what kind of hockey game they really want to have !
    And more gas on the fire....

Does anybody have a rational explanation for how these drooling simians can actually call tripping AND diving at the same time? Is it because the person being tripped embellished the dive? If so, would there have been a dive if the person wasn't tripped? What's the sound of one hand clapping?

Idiotic. I'm discussing philosphy, to justify NHL officiating.

And another thing- this f'ing 'third man' rule. Enough already. It was a bad idea when it started, and I still haven't seen the logic behind this. Let's hope Tucker gets his rump handed to him early on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino330
    Kalinin was supposed to replace Zhitnik, but I don't know what happened. That guy has not lived up to expectations at all. Between him and Fitzpatrick it's pick your poison.

Confidence and injuries have done Kalinin in this year, the game on 04/08/06 shows what he can do when his game comes together; let's hope it continues throught up and throughout the playoffs.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information