Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: State audit of Credit Card Use

Don't believe everything you read. Mr. Greenan is trying to save his own reputation with that letter. He is responsible as Chairman of the Board to look over what Lazzarra is doing. Apparently he didn't do a very good job of it. There is so much misinformation in his letter, it is pathetic. And he is totally wrong about the credit cards.

Unregistered
    Mr. Greenan is protecting the reputation of AmeriCorps as it is today and he did a damn fine good job of pointing out the audit should have not exceeded August 2008, when it was West Seneca Youth Bureau, the Town of West Seneca and Mr. Lazzara. Mr. Greenan is protecting WNY AmeriCorps and I believe exactly what I read.

Attached Images Attached Images

Mr Greenan is protecting his own butt. He was on the board before and he's on the board now. You are gullible if you think there is a difference between Americorps then and now. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you because you're a mouth piece for Lazzara.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    Mr Greenan is protecting his own butt. He was on the board before and he's on the board now. You are gullible if you think there is a difference between Americorps then and now. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you because you're a mouth piece for Lazzara.
    If you were someone seeking the truth, you wouldn't be so quick to throw WNY AmeriCorps or me under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hscout View Post
    If you were someone seeking the truth, you wouldn't be so quick to throw WNY AmeriCorps or me under the bus.
    I can tell you categorically that truth seeker has more of a handle on this entire situation than you will admit to, Hscout. You are a distraction to the truth and a shill for someone or something else. The whole name change was a re-branding of an organization that was growing and expanding in its scope and needed a less parochial name as defining as West Seneca AmeriCorps. It was too limiting and re-branding with the prefix WNY broadened its base- and since its business was conducted primarily outside of the Town of West Seneca it could capture the attention and "dollars" of any municipality it choose to operate in. I think it was the brainchild of its former COO. The fact remains, other than the COO and a few former employees, all the players are still the same.

Just a FYI- it would behoove any interested person to check with the Town Comptroller first before they spout off about things they really don't know anything about,but... someone said it before: This is W Seneca! At any rate, the credit cards (Chase Credit) were issued to employees of AmeriCorps and the West Seneca Youth Bureau through the Town just the same as the AmeriCorps and Youth Bureau Health Insurance was issued by the Town and charged back to AmeriCorps. AmeriCorps was ostensibly responsible to pay back the Town from its program grants. Now, whether or not that was ever reconciled is again a question for the Town Comptroller.

Unregistered
    truth seeker was one who said I wouldn't be surprised if "can't keep a secret" and "hscout" aren't one and the same. and now old time is throwing me under the bus too.

You are a distraction to the truth and a shill for someone or something else.
    (s)he said "you are" about someone who was asked to speak up without knowing anything about the person defending AmeriCorps.

Unregistered
    At any rate, the credit cards (Chase Credit) were issued to employees of AmeriCorps and the West Seneca Youth Bureau through the Town
    read what's underlined in red: THERE WERE NO EMPLOYEES OF WNY AMERICORPS TO WHICH TO DISTRIBUTE CREDIT CARDS. the only employee in question is Mark Lazzara, not WNY AmeriCorps. This is more about West Seneca Youth Bureau and the Town of West Seneca and less about what AmeriCorps is today. I don't give a **** if Mark Lazzara is head of it or nor not. It's two different entities no matter who throws my name under the bus to defend their 'other' (political) reasons.

read what's underlined in red: THERE WERE NO EMPLOYEES OF WNY AMERICORPS TO WHICH TO DISTRIBUTE CREDIT CARDS. the only employee in question is Mark Lazzara, not WNY AmeriCorps. This is more about West Seneca Youth Bureau and the Town of West Seneca and less about what AmeriCorps is today. I don't give a **** if Mark Lazzara is head of it or nor not. It's two different entities no matter who throws my name under the bus to defend their 'other' (political) reasons.
    Bulls**t!
    See my reposnse to this same post on another thread for more datails.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Unregistered
    from the other thread
    AmeriCorps did have employees on the books prior to 2008.
    That's when it was "West Seneca Youth Bureau AmeriCorps programs", what the letter says is after August 2008 "WNY AmeriCorps" wasn't involved with town employee credit cards because the program was split off from the town. West Seneca Youth Bureau had an employee with a credit card, after WNY AmeriCorps moved to Buffalo that one person still remained (with town approval) in the town as a West Seneca employee. The letter Mr. Greenan wrote it specifically says any requests for further information or clarification on details prior to the creation of our organization should be directed to the town of West Seneca or Mark P. Lazzar directly. So I don't understand why so many people are trying to destroy a good program because one town employee had the town's approval to use a town credit card before "WNY AmeriCorps" was recreated and moved to Buffalo.

See the sentence "retaining Mr. Lazzara for an additional time as a Town of West Seneca employee"? There was approval from the town that he stayed on as an employee after AmeriCorps had left.

You're either the worst shill in the world, or the dumbest **** alive.

See if this helps you understand:

Where the respondent to the State Audit writes: "THERE WERE NO EMPLOYEES OF WNY AMERICORPS TO WHICH TO DISTRIBUTE CREDIT CARDS." I believe that is no more than crafty legalese and I am also fairly certain the author was fully aware of being disingenuous because surely it was in name only and probably a name change from it's former West Seneca AmeriCorps to WNY AmeriCorps and everything else organizationally and legally remained the same! Did they file the name change with the proper authorities in a timely manner (was it on or by that date the respondent writes?); was a new Sales Tax ID number applied for, or did they just continue to use the one issued to the original entity? Did they apply for a new Not For Profit Status and 501-3? How about their checking account- did they close it out immediately or did they continue to use it, maybe in conjunction with a new one? How did they process checks issued in its former name? Or did they endorse all checks and deposit because they were the one and the same entity? And they were, in fact, at the time noted on the respondents letter.

Let me ask how many of you have experienced this: When I got married, my wife used her credit cards and checks for at least 18 months after we were married. Was she not legally my wife and not entitled to use her maiden name? If she had passed away and her estate left debts incurred while we were together, would I still be responsible for those debts? I think WNY AmeriCorps bears the responsibility for it debts going back to the very beginning, because at no time was any one of its former names closed out/dissolved or made defunct, but simply took on a new moniker. And I think the credit cards remained in the hands of its employees until such time as they made this grandstanding circus and shredded and returned the pieces to the town.

All hail lazzara

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information