Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't let them Imus Tom Bauerle

Jim-O, please explain to us how this is, in any way, a violation of or threat to our freedom of speech.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

I am sending this to the tax revolt database of over 1000 and posting it on Free NY, Speakup, Facebook and Twitter.[/QUOTE]

Considering how out-of-touch most of your posts are, I'm not surprised that regarding Bauerle's increasing unpopularity, that you "just don't get it."

People are sick & tired, worn-out and disgusted by the same recycled angry, defamatory and low road approach Bauerle's & Beache's shows usually take especially in Buffalo where those hit so hard by the recession, the MANY who are struggling just do not want to listen to recycled and tired talking points.

Ron Dobson's fresh approach, the SENSE he's shown to NOT commit to either party and the usual respect and decency he give his callers makes him a very popular guy with a great sense of humor thrown in for good measure.

Yes, WBEN is the biggest game in town. Fine. But if Entercom wants to cut its losses, it should cut the CAUSE of its revenue drain and hire Ron Dobson full-time while allowing Mr. Bauerle to take one of his many out-of-town/state offers which pay FAR MORE than WBEN's contract does as he's boasted about many time in the past.

Didn't help when Bauerle "subtely" suggested burning down a house which was a nuisance which darn it, somehow WAS torched later on
    causing local firefighters to DEMAND that Bauerle be fired.

Even Sean Hannity's show is on the way out.
    Rush & O' Reilly are popular because repulsive as they are, they have just enough talent to keep a large audience listening & watching to please their sponsors, hate talk or not, logic or insanity.
    Even Glenn Beck has a huge following, which makes NO sense
    to speak.

Keeping or not keeping Bauerle is not a "popularity" decision but a question of Entercom bleeding revenue;The decision to keep or sweep Tom is one of business, not a "personal" choice for Entercom.

WBEN's sponsors pay good money for their ads and if Tom's show is not meeting their revenue goals, something's wrong and its time for a change of on-air talent.

************NOTE*****************

I have written this post with a decent amount of fairness, respect and detachment with none of my past "psycho" rants and have posted what I deem as "fair and balanced" observations.

This is not an insulting rant of any kind.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Thanks to those who disagree with me not trying to destroy my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    This could be a blessing in disguise for WBEN.

People, (at least the many I've spoken with,) would much rather hear Ron Dobson in Bauerle's time slot. Not to mention, I'm sure Dobson wouldn't cost WBEN nearly as much as Bauerle.

Someone mentioned that Bauerle's show has been going down hill, recently, so I decided to tune back in and listen to a handful of shows. In a three hour show, he's been averaging only 12 callers per show. In fact, I even noticed that most, if not all, of his "regular callers," (including "Rambo Jim,") don't seem to be calling in anymore.

I don't know what he did, but, in my opinion, he has certainly lost a lot of popularity since I stopped listening.
    I think the reason you only hear 12 callers/show , is because Tom talks too much , likes to hear himself , there's callers on the lines who never get on because he's too busy listening or chastising those who disagree with him that particular day....No one agrees with every one all the time , but he censors those who do..........His show probably still leads its' time slot , but I prefer to listen to satellite radio now , he's (& most talk shows , lib or conserv) passe..........
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

"Jim-O, please explain to us how this is, in any way, a violation of or threat to our freedom of speech."

I am tired of explaining simple things to liberals. I have been doing it for 30 years and five years on the local web.

I think I am just going to run a course in logical thinking.

I'm dead serious.

Most liberals I know are intelligent people in most areas of life and certainly in their fields but as soon as it comes to politics, their IQ drops 50.

Dobson flat out sucks. They might as well put Laura Ingraham on. Smarmy sarcastic tone. Another reason to get XM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    "Jim-O, please explain to us how this is, in any way, a violation of or threat to our freedom of speech."

I am tired of explaining simple things to liberals. I have been doing it for 30 years and five years on the local web.

I'm dead serious.

Most liberals I know are intelligent people in most areas of life and certainly in their fields but as soon as it comes to politics, their IQ drops 50.
    And that why you're so successful in politics.

The decision to "Imus" Tom Bauerle is Entercom's decision based on recent past and projected advertising revenue. Nothing else.

This is a business, not "political" decision regardless of how local liberals feel and by the way: When a well-known media figure continues to recklessly and arrogantly bash anyone and everyone who do not agree with THEIR belief system, they will inevitably alienate themselves;Lose friends, lose business (advertisers) and lose their motivation to do a good job once they realize how out-dated they've become.

So many listeners were outraged when Ron Dobson was booted off of WBEN not only because he's become so popular with listeners but that Dobson does not go out of his way to create enemies;He has a smart mouth but is not a smart ass.

Dobson is wise and original enough not to claim affiliation to any one political party and he geniunely sounds like a down-to-earth guy who has a LOT of pet peeves but never takes himself or life to seriously.

Far as "liberal radio" goes, in as much as I've tried to listen to 1520, aside from two hosts, I basically loathe most of the on-air "talent," who are all blowhards.

Talk radio is truly a "big deal" to many people, for entertainment and information and for some, just a voice to keep them company and when that voice is filled with sarcasm, anger, insults and divisive rhetoric, its time for new blood to keep advertisers and listeners happy.

This is not a complicated decision.

And to quote Mr. Bauerle several years back: "No one is irreplaceable." To which he elucidated that none of us, himself included are indispensable (in so many words).

Emma Bull

I'm dead serious.

Read - "I have no answer for that question, so I'll just bash Liberals; this way most of the goons on here will say "You got that right, Jim."

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    So, it's OK for you to organize a boycott against businesses because of whom they donate money to.....but it's not OK for someone to organize a boycott of businesses who advertise with someone whom they disagree with? Suddenly it becomes a "Freedom of Speech"" thing? Interesting.

Jim, I would call you a hypocrite, but I hate stating the obvious.

Personally, I think both boycotts are silly, and ineffective.
    Well said. Thank you for pointing out his obvious conflict of interest.

ZERO objectivity.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    So, it's OK for you to organize a boycott against businesses because of whom they donate money to.....but it's not OK for someone to organize a boycott of businesses who advertise with someone whom they disagree with? Suddenly it becomes a "Freedom of Speech"" thing? Interesting.

Jim, I would call you a hypocrite, but I hate stating the obvious.

Personally, I think both boycotts are silly, and ineffective.
    This is getting spooky. Its like 2004 all over again
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Libertarians are rather sensitive to free speech issues since libertarians invented the concept of a right to free speech.
    What free speech issue? Why is calling-out Tom Bauerle for being a petty little sh*t a matter of free speech? Does "free speech" only extend to people you ideologically agree with?

Go ahead and defend this moron (you are, IMHO, really trashing your brand by going to bat for this idiot), as you seem to be willing to trade with any moron/ignorant/bigot/racist with a soapbox these days.

BTW, Bauerle don't care about your principles or ideals, Jim. In fact, knowing him socially, I'm pretty certain he's too dumb to even get his head around them to begin with. No really, have you ever spent any decent amount of time talking to him? Sharpest tool in the shed, he ain't.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

I'm dead serious.

Ya got that right Jim!

What about republicans and conservatives who claim to be for states rights but when asked about a state legalizing gay marriage they freak out even though the state is using states rights which is supposedly the biggy thing among those types. (states rights that is)

Conservatives consistently contradict themselves and you are proving by expressing that you care about baerle's free speech but not those who oppose him.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

I'm not a conservative. Their philosophy (ies) make little sense to me either.

Critics of Bauerle are free to speak. What they want to do is shut him up and shut him down because of his disagreement with them. They did the same to Imus. Now, there's a smaller range of opinion on morning TV.

As for gay marriage, I don't know which proposal you refer to but I know it isn't mine so I can't respond further.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information