Thread: What do you think of parents who use electronic toys as babysitters?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What do you think of parents who use electronic toys as babysitters?

One thing I find odd is the amount of time kids now play on electronic games versus being outside in some cases etc...

You can go out to eat or just out and kids are addicted to their gameboys or what ever the fad is now..

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

One thing I find odd is the amount of time kids now play on electronic games versus being outside in some cases etc...

You can go out to eat or just out and kids are addicted to their gameboys or what ever the fad is now..
    My son has doesn't play video games much, i do use the leapfrog in the car to get him to behave. (i'm not above bribery when safety is involved). However I don't like to see kids walking around with video games constantly or sitting around the house playing it.

btw leapfrog is an educational toy.

I've actually been trying to get my kids into playing board games. Kids don't play board games anymore. I've been trying to teach my 4 year old chess, which isn't easy considering he has sensory processing disorder, but he is starting to get it.

It drives me nuts to see my cousin at family parties sitting around playing game thingy i find it rude and i feel like it hurts a child's social development in way.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

There is a time and a place. However parents need to force their kids out of the house, and I think no one under the age of 18 should be allowed to text.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I see this in the place I work. The parent orders for the kid playing his game and then the kid wines that they didn't want what was ordered for them and then they go back to playing the game. I think our future will be run by people with very large thumbs. Maybe they can thumb a ride out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    There is a time and a place. However parents need to force their kids out of the house, and I think no one under the age of 18 should be allowed to text.
    especially picture text or allowed to have private computers.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Thread Information