Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The SPANKING debate

The SPANKING debate

I'm not talking about beating your kids. But i don't see anything wrong with an old fashion spanking, depending on the kid. (a spanking doesn't work with my son, only t.o.s work, but my daughter it works.

How do you feel about spanking in public?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    I'm not talking about beating your kids. But i don't see anything wrong with an old fashion spanking, depending on the kid. (a spanking doesn't work with my son, only t.o.s work, but my daughter it works.

How do you feel about spanking in public?
    Maybe we should change her name to dominatricfeminist! Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    Maybe we should change her name to dominatricfeminist! Sign me up!
    haha dom fem, isn't that a personal ad abbreviation?
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    haha dom fem, isn't that a personal ad abbreviation?
    Yes mistress, you are correct! again?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Over the years I have watch kids grow up that my clients had. I saw this because a lot of our clients have been dealing with us for over 20 years.

The parents that were overly strict or overly "I'm their friend" seemed to have the worse kids. Parents that were sort of in the middle had the most productive kids well behaved kids.

I agree there is nothing wrong with a spanking when it is warranted - however i would not encourage anyone to do so in public. It doesnt matter that you are not beating your child - anyone can call the cops or social services on you - thats my opinion .... it doesnt make it right - its just the way it is
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Parenting and spanking question

Parenting is a trial and error experience and we are all so unprepared and ill equipped - in my opinion.

I spanked my kids. They tell me they needed it if I ask them, now that they are adults.

Reasons I spanked? To keep them from getting killed for one....

I fluctuate between the yes and no...only because I feel guilty at times when I remember the times I spanked out of pure frustration at not knowing what else to do or times of pure anger (that's when I feel guilty).

I heard it said that the reason our butts have more padding on them is to give parents a proper place to spank as opposed to the head...add humor here if you like.

Public spanking? Well, if it is abusive you usually won't see it in public. I say if a parent thinks it is called for at the moment it's OK.

If I see a parent spanking in public...I feel bad for both of them!

Anyone who has taken a hungry, tired or spoiled child - careful with the word "spoiled", I mean a child that has not had limits given to him. I think the word spoiled in reference to children is misused by some. As a grandparent I want to spoil them with lots of love and send them home to their parents to discipline.

Kids are good at testing limits,aren't they?
    On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

You have to use the communicative form to get a point across to the audience.

I think the evidence of soft entitlement minded spoiled kids calls for corporal (sp) punishment from time to time, then there is a time for taking the car keys or xbox

Unregistered
    Funny you mention public spankings.

Just yesterday, out of nowhere, while humping my wife in the produce section at Wegman's, she instructs me to spank her and tell her what a bad girl she's been. You can only imagine my embarrassment.

It's not the fact that she wanted to be spanked that bothered me, it's just that I don't believe it's appropriate to expose her "bad behavior" in public.

Was I wrong for not complying? I guess I could have met her half way by spanking her and not telling her she's been a bad girl, but I'm not sure that would've been satisfactory. How do you think I should have handled the situation?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Funny you mention public spankings.

Just yesterday, out of nowhere, while humping my wife in the produce section at Wegman's, she instructs me to spank her and tell her what a bad girl she's been. You can only imagine my embarrassment.

It's not the fact that she wanted to be spanked that bothered me, it's just that I don't believe it's appropriate to expose her "bad behavior" in public.

Was I wrong for not complying? I guess I could have met her half way by spanking her and not telling her she's been a bad girl, but I'm not sure that would've been satisfactory. How do you think I should have handled the situation?
    I think that you are confused. You were in the produce section, fondling the melons and spanking something completely different!

I spank my kids when warranted. I don't do it in public, but I do get right up in their ear with my most serious mom voice and tell them I will remove them to the bathroom if necessary. I will spank in the stall of a public bathroom. That's only been necessary once or twice.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

The better you spank, the less you spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    Yes mistress, you are correct! again?

Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    I agree there is nothing wrong with a spanking when it is warranted - however i would not encourage anyone to do so in public. It doesnt matter that you are not beating your child - anyone can call the cops or social services on you - thats my opinion .... it doesnt make it right - its just the way it is
    That's why i would be weary to spank in public. My kids are actually on their best behavior in public for some odd reason. Usually the threat that we are going to go home is enough and I also use bribery in stores. "IF your good you can get a sugary treat." kinda thing. I am not above using a treat as a reward for a child. I don't give them a lot of treats partly because i can use it as a reward if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    I am so taking that picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information