Thread: $$ From NY Power Authority

$$ From NY Power Authority

Amherst barely borders a navigabale waterway, how could the town or land owners be damaged by the changes in level of water by the NYPA??

It sounds like another group of lawyers will get a few more bucks out of Amherst taxpayers with no return!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WOuld the level of water everywhere be affected? They seem to have built a lot of homes in WNY in "damp" areas. WOuldn't any level changed bother with that?

Unfortunately we have a group of people that think the problems with some foundations are unique to this town. These type of soils are previlant in states from NY to Texas to Colorado to Ohio, etc. There are provisions in the codes finally excepted in NY that provide design parameters to construct properly in flood plains and different types of soils. I heard in the last TB meeting, that one of the board members was boasting on how they went to Albany with the Building Commissioner to fight for stronger codes. Then why with revisions expected soon in the codes, did they not push for changes during the hearings? Contrary to what some people want everyone to believe, if the national code would have been adopted earlier by this state, problems with these homes would have been minimized. I agree with Greener Pastures in his statement about the Power Authority.

So do I , but what I really want to know is why this area (with help from the NYPA) do anything to try to turn the massive amounts of electricity in abudance here lke turn WNY into another kind of Silicon Valley. I know it sounds outlandish but I am curious as to why there doesn't seem to be a push for this kind of project.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Thread Information