Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Patchin!

Congrats Patchin!

I talked to my son yesterday and it sounds like Patchin is starting to really get their act together for the first time in quite a while. Chief Joe is weeding out the trouble makers and cutting their budget to save them money. Maybe the clouds are finally starting to part and the sun is starting to shine, Congrats to you all!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just curious.

What part of the budget for a volunteer firehall can one cut?

Do they budget basic maintenance items each quarter?

Equipment purchases as new items come on the market?

etc...?

I didnt mean that he was cutting the whole budget, just what he can control. He is the chief and conrols what gets spent Firematically. Apparently he cut his own budget by quite a hefty sum and is eliminating spending anything that is not necessary to help rebuild their past overspending. Better mainenance means less major repairs, getting longer use out of current tools and equipment means not replacing them, pushing for grants also helps keep costs down.

Slitter your son must be wearing rose colored glasses. Chief Joe has been complaining he didn't get enough money in his budget. He even went and complained to the town supervisor that they wouldn't give him more money in his budget. Chief Joe hasn't cut his budget it was cut for him. Joe gave out a $300 helmet and an $80 jacket to Patchins top responder. I've talked to other fire companies and they give out gifts in the $50 range not $380. He also spent over $5,000 on tool mounting brackets out of a $13,000 budget. I wouldn't say he is cutting out unnecessary spending. Weeding out the trouble makers? There have been lots of rumors of underage drinking at Patchin the past few years and now there is a picture of 2 of Patchins underage members drinking and one is wearing a Patchin Fire Company coat. Also with the trouble makers I'm told a couple of Patchin members vandalized the Chief of Boston and the Chief of North Boston Fire companies personal vehicles. And these members are line officers in Patchin. The people that are supposed to be setting the example and leading the way.

Name one chief that does not complain to the supervisor for more money. That is part of the job!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Frank I think it's part of the chiefs job to ask for more money at contract talks but I don't think the supervisor has any say or any control over how the fire company splits up the contract money to individual budgets in the fire company. IE chiefs budget, insurance payment, mortgage payments etc.

This morning at breakfast I was told chief Joe spent almost $1,000 of fire company money on a trip to a fire show. Was this necessary to go to a fire show? Slitter it doesn't sound to me like Joe is eliminating unnecessary spending.

I'm told chief Joe wants to buy a new fire truck. Does Patchin really need another truck? They are already spending $80,000 a year in truck loan payments. With their low membership (around 20) can they even staff the trucks they have?

Some things never change, Apparently I was misinformed, got overzealous, or heard what I wanted to hear, Either way I was clued in yesterday of the truths of whats going on. I did hear today as well that their board of directors were extremely TICKED at Joe last night and He couldn't understand why they were upset. Apparently its only taxpayer money, right? Just glad I'm not one of them anymore. If I was, I would be looking extremely hard at the toilet my money is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by boston View Post
    I'm told chief Joe wants to buy a new fire truck. Does Patchin really need another truck? They are already spending $80,000 a year in truck loan payments. With their low membership (around 20) can they even staff the trucks they have?
    Boston, What kind of truck is Patchin looking to buy and where would they put it? The only open bay they have is on Cole Rd. and Last I knew they didnt even use that truck much? What is their reasoning behind buying another one?

Slitter glad you got clued in. I was a little surprised by your original post. I have heard another pumper or an EMS fly car it keeps changing. I think the reasoning is Joe wants a new toy and its not his money. Joe hasn't a clue as to what they need for trucks. I don't understand why they would need another pumper the one on the hill never responds and an EMS fly car? Why? They had one and practically gave it away. I think it's time they realized they are more of a burden on the taxpayers then they are worth. The smartest thing Patchin could do is start making plans to close their doors.

The smartest thing would be to lay low, limit their purchases to necessities and try to rebuild broken bridges. Im torn on whether they should close their doors or not. I can see both sides and the benefits of both, Is a hard descision in my book.

I think talk like this should be done with people using their real names. If you really care about this stuff you would not be hiding behind faked names. Adults playing games using kiddy names. I am serious. So boston & slitter man enough?

I am not saying you are wrong in what you are saying, I am saying that is is rather weak and pretty much pathetic to say it hiding behind kiddy like nic names.

Do you agree? What you have to fear?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

It has been brought to my attention that Patchins second assistant chief and his wife are making it their mission to drive Chief Joe and his wife out of the fire company. Just like other members, they are fed up with the underage drinking and Chief Joe's lack of discipline among the younger members. Joe is part of the problem, not the solution. How can he be a leader when he allows his members to walk all over him and mock him behind his back? He should be a Chief, not party with the children of Patchin. Grow a set Joe!
    A thousand dollars to party at a fire convention? Tax payers should be outraged! I just saw a picture of two underage Patchin members drinking at the convention. This picture has since been taken of Facebook. The Chief is responsible for all members action while at this Torres of events. So why would Joe allow this to happen under his watch? Is it true he also treated his underage members to a night out at the strip club while on official fire company business at the convention? Who paid for this? Not a smart move! I hope the company agrees and takes action. Better yet, maybe the town needs to step in...

Thanks for the call Matt. I know Joe is upset, but as l said, you will make a much better chief than Joe. Members respect you and we know you will be financially responsible. I'm sure you won't tolerate the BS games being played. Good luck Matt!
    My daughter told me that the board of directors is looking at ways to remove Kristy Gallagher from the board and as assistant chief. What qualifies her to be a Chief? Residents have complained about her immaturity on scene. We need a change in leadership. Enough is enough. Joe obviously can't get the job done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information