Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Patchin!

Here's the picture for anyone who hadn't seen it before it was taken down. This is what happens when the chief of Patchin allows underage drinking at the fire convention in Harrisburg. Great job Chief.

Alright, I've watched this forum for some years now and felt that it was finally time to post. I'm Matthew Whiting, second assistant chief of the Patchin Volunteer Fire Company.

First off, X Marks the Spot, I don't know who you are and I certainly have not called you today seeing as I was at my job from 145pm until 1005pm tonight. Might I add, I'm not allowed a cell phone or to make any personal calls while working.

I'm putting an open invitation out to anyone reading this, if you have any questions or concerns contact me directly. I'm home most mornings so I will gladly meet you at either my house or the fire hall or wherever you feel comfortable talking. Send me a private message and I will give you my phone number, address, email, whatever.

-Mathew W Whiting

Finally a man with integrity. Mathew, you are doing it right! Face to face is how this "stuff" needs to be discussed, not on a forum using kiddy names.

So X, so slither, so boston, who are you?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Ok seriously?! Normally I let what is posted on this site go in one ear and out the other but now that I'm being specifically called out on here I'm NOT happy.

You're all adults. Well, at least you need to be to post on here. Start acting like it.

These threads are like a broken record. This time last year, it was Sam was an irresponsible chief and Joe would make a great chief now it's Joe is irresponsible and Matt will make a great chief. From what I'm gathering is that to anyone on this site, Patchin will never be good enough. Someone (or someones) in this company can't keep their mouth shut about what goes on behind closed doors and that is unacceptable. Every company has their issues, not just in this town, but for some reason you all feel the need to put Patchin on blast.
    None of you will be satisfied until this company closes. And I hope to God it doesn't. I've grown up in this company, it's my second family, my second home and it's extremely tiresome to have to keep defending it to people like you!

Like Matt said, if you have any questions put a face to the name and contact us. I'll gladly give you my number. I'm home or in town all day everyday. Feel free!

Lauran Whiting

Welcome Matt and Lauran. Thank you for chiming in. However, neither one of you addressed the issues being discussed. Do either of you think it's acceptable for your chief to spend a thousand dollars of tax payers money on a so called "fire company convention" and allow underage drinking on his watch. Not to mention being seen at a strip club with those same underage members. What's your take on the photo which shows your members drinking and intoxicated? That's going to be a tough one to explain to not only your company, but the residents of this town and your town board officials. Can you assure us that the matter is being addressed?
    Have more confidence in yourself Matt, you'll make an excellent Chief. I'm one tax payer who has your back.

Quote Originally Posted by X Marks the Spot View Post
    Have more confidence in yourself Matt, you'll make an excellent Chief. I'm one tax payer who has your back.
    Who needs someone afraid to use there real name to have ones back. Too easy to stab that back in a whim...
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by X Marks the Spot View Post
    Welcome Matt and Lauran. Thank you for chiming in. However, neither one of you addressed the issues being discussed. Do either of you think it's acceptable for your chief to spend a thousand dollars of tax payers money on a so called "fire company convention" and allow underage drinking on his watch. Not to mention being seen at a strip club with those same underage members. What's your take on the photo which shows your members drinking and intoxicated? That's going to be a tough one to explain to not only your company, but the residents of this town and your town board officials. Can you assure us that the matter is being addressed?
    As I stated I will gladly meet up or talk with you. I am not going to discuss matters over a internet forum. If you want information pm me and I will give you my info and I will gladly talk with you.

Matthew W. Whiting

And again the incompetent leadership at Patchin failed to get the required paperwork turned in to the town to receive their second payment. How many years does this make? 3 or 4? How many times is the town going to let Patchin fail to meet their contractual obligations?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How much paper work is physically involved?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How much paper work is physically involved?
    I'm told it takes about an hour to hour and a half to photo copy and get all the paperwork together.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Then you must be totally mistaken about what is going on. I don't know how many people are involved in the group but between them how could this not have been completed?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Then you must be totally mistaken about what is going on. I don't know how many people are involved in the group but between them how could this not have been completed?
    WNY I checked and my numbers are accurate. They must have been too busy with the grant.

X I'm told 3 more members have left Patchin. Assistant Chief Matt couldn't take it anymore and resigned along with 2 captains. I'm also told Boston and North Boston won't take them if they apply. This brings Patchin down to what about 20 active members? And most of them with little or no training and experience.

You should really check your facts before posting, Boston.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information