Thread: Highway Super Richard Reese gives locals a chance

Highway Super Richard Reese gives locals a chance

Reese running for re-election
    Town Workers and voters take a stand ! ?

Many, many Lancaster residents and members of both major Parties agree - Lancaster Highway Superintendent Richard Reese got screwed!
    Purely a "Political Hatchet Job."

Some "Controlling Members" of Lancaster's Democratic Committee - have proven how nothing matters to them more than patronage.

But now you can send a message!

The upside is this: If you work for the Town of Lancaster and are sick of watching the "Entitled Ones" get hired(appointed)first:
    - If your tired of seeing "Their Kids" get the summer jobs year after year.
    - If your tired of Town Politics holding your future in their "Political Palms."
    - If your a Democrat tired of others controlling your local committee!

On primary Day -
    Vote Richard Reese: Lancaster's Democratic Voters Choice for Lancaster Highway Superintendent.

Richard Reese showed he is here for the "JOB" - not the "Politics" he has and will work for every resident - not just ones from one party or the other.

Send a message - re-elect Richard Reese.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Are you kidding me, Reese was in the Supervisor position for 12 years, given the trust of the town taxpayers, admits to diverting money from a town recycling program for his own use and expects the same taxpayers he violated the trust of to vote him back in. C'mon folks...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo23 View Post
    Are you kidding me, Reese was in the Supervisor position for 12 years, given the trust of the town taxpayers, admits to diverting money from a town recycling program for his own use and expects the same taxpayers he violated the trust of to vote him back in. C'mon folks...
    SO far there hasn't been any proof has there? Just rumors?

Lightbulb No such thing happened !

Quote Originally Posted by Santo23 View Post
    The Town of Lancaster doesn't have a "recycle Program" that Mr.Reese could have diverted funds from - the Highway Department never had a recycle program - Lancaster Town Supervisor Bob Giza said,"The Town doesn't have a mechanism in place to recycle and use the money to offset taxes." FACT!

Mr.Reese campaigned 14 years ago on a platform that included more aggressive recycling. He was trying to show it could be done. Granted he was not using accepted techniques - but every cent made through his Departments efforts benefited his Department and in turn saved tax dollars. FACT!

If there was a recycle program - and tax dollars were missing - why hasn't the Town Offered any such proof ? Ask the Town Board - Mr.Giza claims, "I didn't even know there was a(FBI) investigation."

Although there are many rumors and an investigation into different activities including using town labor & equipment, my comment and views are solely based on Reese's admission to diverting town cash from a scrap metal recycling program - as reported in the Buffalo News article - http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/635849.html

Do it once and I forgive, repeat and shame on you for not learning from the first mistake. I won't support him gaining access to taxpayer funding and resources again.

Lightbulb Investigation, Alleged, possible misuse - - -

Last line of Bufnews article quoted:
    "The FBI investigation into Reese is continuing, authorities said, but so far, the only charges filed against him involve the confrontation at his home."

==================================================

Sir,

Your points are valid, if one solely goes (judges) by the "inferences" of the Bufnews.

First, I mean no disrespect(toward you). You have to look at the big picture - "Lancaster Politics."

In Lancaster, you have a one Party Rule. That one party Committee is ruled by the "Entitlement System." That system is simple, they believe they are entitled to every tax payer funded position in this Town. They look at tax dollars as "Spoils of War."

Think about:

If crews, equipment or tax dollars were misused or taken - WHY hasn't the Lancaster Town Board acted on those issues?

If there was a "Town Recycle Program" that had funds missing - WHY has no charges been lodged by the Lancaster Town Board?

Why did Town Supervisor Bob Giza say,"I wasn't even aware there was a investigation." ????????(Wouldnt the "Investigation" include the Towns budget documents - that he controls.)????????????

Now, lets look at this again, In order for anyone to missuse equipment or workers - more than one person would know and have been involved - wouldn't you agree! ? !

If there was a "Highway Department Controlled Recycle Program" - then ask the Town Board to tell you how it works, who runs it, what workers are used to collect, haul and cash in these recyclables. There should be records - or a budget line that relates - wouldn't you think so? ! ?

WHY hasn't there been any documents produced by the "Lancaster Town Government" showing any proof of any these allegations?

Its purely Lancaster Politics -L.D.Committee Motto:
    If you cant beat them at the polls, drag them through the mud.

Lancaster's Controlling Party Flag.
    Attachment 2670
    Last edited by 4248; March 9th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Unregistered
    This is absolutely ridiculous. A man is arrested for an altercation with federal agents, while he is under investigation for taking money received from recycling scrap metal, and people want to praise him. This is something I looked at and thought to myself well there goes re-election for Mr. Reese. But it would appear that member 4248 sees him as the people's hero. This forums is completely consumed by seeking out "political scams" and "shady dealings", and for the most part the noble detective work you all do here is for nothing. Most of your so called findings end up minor ordeals fabricated in order to make monsters of public officials. But here you have the holy grail, what you as a self proclaimed watch dog live for, a true and genuine criminal. Yet you embrace him? You can say what you want and dance around the facts but the truth of the matter is Reese was wrong. The man had in his possession $2400 of money from this recycling scam, he offered this money to a Lancaster Police officer on the scene to be turned in, the officer did not accept. There is no explanation for him to have this money in his possession. I am sure this is not the proper way to turn in recycling program money over to the town. That is all you even need to look at. Beyond his scuffle with federal officers, which that in itself is bad, the man had tax payers money in his piggy bank. And that my friends is no piece of yellow journalism, it's cold hard fact. I have also heard that no receipts have been been turned in over five years for this recycling fund. This information can be easily obtained from public town hall records, you expect us to believe he has turned in nothing for five years and now all of a sudden he wants to turn in over two grand. So go ahead and support this man but do so in realizing that not only are you blind to the truth but also are a hypocrite who is a complete discredit to your cause. Just because you are publicly unaware of an ongoing investigation does not mean there isn't one. I'm sure the FBI and other officials of the town of Lancaster do not sit down with member 4248 of speakupwny and discuss personnel matters which are confidential. 4248 you have for years been the master of mudslinging and hiding behind aliases. From trashy websites to back room gossips. May I end this by saying, you sir are a vindictive person who came out from the wood work in order to slander those who out the tops warehouse in your backyard. You blame Bob Giza for every wrong that happens in this world. I am surprised you haven't found a link between him and events such as the holocaust or the JFK assassination. Rick Zarbo you are phony, your fifteen minutes of fame are long over, the people have spoken and you've been voted out of office. You are a lightning rod which people from your party refuse to touch. You have embarrassed your town, family, and yourself. You are a loser move on.

What a mouth full !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2GravesDug View Post
    The man had in his possession $2400 of money from this recycling scam, he offered this money to a Lancaster Police officer on the scene to be turned in, the officer did not accept.
    Sir,
    You are the one who seems vindictive. Mr.Reese also had documents that he offered to show where the money came from and went. Did your friends forget to tell you that?

Your also correct - there is no records or receipts in Town Hall - because as you choose to ignore - there is no "Recycle Program" controlled by the Highway Department. You also stated,"I looked into it" then you know there was no such program, hence there could be no receipts. - Now thats a fact you forgot to mention as well.

Mr.Reese was being honest - he was cooperating fully - at least until reality hit that he was being set up. There was no warrant to search his home - he didn't scuffle or fight - he became upset when they restrained him in his own kitchen. They took advantage of his naiveté - he should never have opened his door - he didn't have to.

I could care less about your feelings to wards me or the Republican Party. I don't speak for any Party - I don't participate in "Political" activities - and I don't need your approval or any Parties.

My Family is stronger than ever - Thank You! I did embarrass them and myself - I also thought that "Politics" was open to all Americans. I also was stupid enough to believe there are people in office who are, "Doing it for the Community."

Then I found out they are mostly self serving, tax fed, pension grabbing, double dipping, free loaders who think they and only those they approve deserve to suck off the tax rolls for life.

You are correct, I blame Mr.Giza for many things - I blame the whole Town Board for many things - they have earned that blame.

I have posted my name - have you? Any website I owned had my name on it. The websites about Mr.Giza - namely www.Gizawaga.com was owned, written and operated by Mr.Russell Luke - he was then an operative of Jim Perry's( Some believe he was Jims handler). He wrote and had total control of that site.

Nothing else you wrote deserves a response.

Highway Superintendent Richard Reese should be re-elected. He was framed by those who most likely you support - at least by the content of your rant and your disregard for true facts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So basically the guy took some scrap crap that no one wanted and got rid of it? Wasn't told he couldn't do that. There is no program to recycle it in the first place but someone make a stink to tarnish him?

At this point, I'm willing to give Reese the benefit of the doubt.

But, has ever come out, and make a statement to the effect of "Look, this is what happened..?"

Reese deserves benefit of the doubt
    Why:

• There is no recycle program in the Town of Lancaster.

• A good year of scrap metal collection brings in somewhere around $1,000.

• Reese turned in money from the sale to the Financial Director who placed it in the General Fund; and gave Reese a receipt.

• Reese kept money aside to pay for department overtime lunches, parties and other distributions. The town was aware of what he was doing. The $2,400 was money accumulated over time and not spent by Reese. Yet the town threw him under the bus.

• All the charges against Reese at this time are mere allegations. Who indeed is the whistleblower? Reese’s only mistake was recommending an individual for a position he was not qualified for and later dumped; all because of ugly political leverage. Let the voters decide whether he is worthy of re-election.

At least the voters in Lancaster will have choice this year. The Republican Party will have two candidates running for town council seats and there will be a primary for Highway Superintendent. What will be most interesting is that experienced candidates on both sides know where the bones are buried. It could get nasty should someone stray from the issues, and there are plenty. The Republican Party has sworn to take the high road and focus on political issues. That would be something new for the Democratic Party who have been known for campaign literature that features personal attacks.

As was in my case - he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    At this point, I'm willing to give Reese the benefit of the doubt.

But, has ever come out, and make a statement to the effect of "Look, this is what happened..?"
    Highway Superintendent R.Reese can't make that kind of statement. First who should he talk to - channel 4 - they created the first story about some excess dirt being dumped on Mr.Reese's property. That whole thing fizzled because its common practice in Lancaster to do that for residents. Mr.Giza admitted that and claimed no knowledge of who tipped the media. Town Board never brought any action against Mr.Reese.

Mr.Morretti tried to involve DA F.Clark - he basically laughed in Morretti's face. Here starts the vendetta. Mr.Morretti should have gone after the "Anonymous Tipster"

Now on April Fools Day, out of the blue channel four is the first and only news station to have a camera at Mr.Reese's home when he is led out in handcuffs.(Gee! Wonder how they knew about it - there was no big radio announcement or did a "insider" call?) Mr.Morretti tries to create another story - on April Fools Day!

Recycle program history:
    Mr.Reese and others approached Mr.Giza more than a few times about starting a "Town Run Recycle Program." Other Towns collect and recycle every thing from paper to glass bottles. Supervisor Giza refused the idea - most involved believe it was because it was presented by Republicans.

Mr.Reese and others recycled scrap - not tax purchased items - scrap - he in turn had to run the proceeds through his personal account because Supervisor Bob Giza said ,"There is no mechanism in place that allows the Town to do it."

The proceeds were used for the Highway Department - there by saving tax dollars.

Mr.Reese is guilty of thinking outside the box to improve service by offsetting costs. It was shown to Mr.Giza over 5 years ago - that it was a do-able project. Politics stopped it.

Mr.Reese, because of advice from his attorney and warnings from law enforcement cant make public statements.

As with me, the day I left court I was told if I spoke to the media I would be subject to arrest. So how does one profess or prove their innocence?

The media runs with what their fed - the written press runs whats dribbled to them and the rest is done through the rumor mill.

They knew they couldn't beat Mr.Reese at the polls - if you look at past elections(total vote counts) Mr.Reese could probably beat the Supervisor should he choose to. Historically Depew Voters re-elect Supervisor Giza - without Depew he would have been gone years ago.

Scum Bag Politics - L.D.Committee standard practice - use every dirty trick in the book and blame the other guys. Some members of the L.D.Committee are getting fed up - when its all said and done - stabbing Mr.Reese may have been a big mistake for Dem.

Last point, you can believe Mr.Giza will be putting a great effort into denying the "Dog Pound in Depew Story." If he angers Depew voters he's done.

Talking Now that ain't fence sitting!

Now thats what I call, "Taking a stand" - BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Reese deserves benefit of the doubt
    Why:

• There is no recycle program in the Town of Lancaster.

• A good year of scrap metal collection brings in somewhere around $1,000.

• Reese turned in money from the sale to the Financial Director who placed it in the General Fund; and gave Reese a receipt.

• Reese kept money aside to pay for department overtime lunches, parties and other distributions. The town was aware of what he was doing. The $2,400 was money accumulated over time and not spent by Reese. Yet the town threw him under the bus.

• All the charges against Reese at this time are mere allegations. Who indeed is the whistleblower? Reese’s only mistake was recommending an individual for a position he was not qualified for and later dumped; all because of ugly political leverage. Let the voters decide whether he is worthy of re-election.

At least the voters in Lancaster will have choice this year. The Republican Party will have two candidates running for town council seats and there will be a primary for Highway Superintendent. What will be most interesting is that experienced candidates on both sides know where the bones are buried. It could get nasty should someone stray from the issues, and there are plenty. The Republican Party has sworn to take the high road and focus on political issues. That would be something new for the Democratic Party who have been known for campaign literature that features personal attacks.

Thread Information