Thread: We must stop viewing health care as a luxury

We must stop viewing health care as a luxury

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/e...ry/717370.html

06/28/09 07:20 AM

We must stop viewing health care as a luxury

Just stop and think, health care is vital to everyone and should not be denied to anyone in America. Health care should not be viewed as a luxury; it is a necessity for human existence. It is unconscionable that it is denied to anyone or treated as a political issue.

And the stagnated rear-view looking conservatives, or should I say obstructionists, have not even offered a plan for their fellow Americans in the area of health care. They simply feel that a nationwide free health care plan for all would be too costly, especially for them because they already have the financial security to pay for their own health expenses.

Think about it again. More than 30,000 people in America die each year due to their inability to pay for expensive health services. These people have been forced to either provide food for their family or seek medical services. That is not a choice—that is a question of survival.

We are the only civilized and educated nation in the Western world without an inclusive health care program. To be liberal is to liberate people to seek equitable opportunities for health care. Forward-thinking people can be termed as liberals or progressives if they are looking out for our nation’s future welfare.

Are you still thinking? Take action and help your fellow citizens.

Merc Guerry
    East Amherst
    1st of all, Merc, I don’t think anyone is being denied healthcare. There are numerous companies out there willing to sell health insurance to both companies and individuals.

2nd of all, Healthcare isn’t being viewed as a luxury by “rear-view looking conservatives” as you want readers to believe. If anyone is viewing healthcare as a luxury it is individuals themselves. If healthcare was the “necessity” that you say it is people would make it a priority! You want healthcare, go out and get it! When you’re sitting there deciding to buy that new house you better think to yourself, “Maybe I should buy healthcare”. When you’re sitting there writing that $70 cable bill you better think to yourself, “Maybe I should buy healthcare”. When you’re sitting there ready to buy that $30,000 Trailblazer maybe you should think, “Maybe I should buy healthcare”…..

Once again, another liberal that believes it’s everyone else’s responsibility to sacrifice to give him something. Conservatives aren’t being “obstructionists” they are being “realists”. Healthcare costs money and the bottom line is “someone” has to pay for it!

But let’s not cloud facts with the idea that YOU want something!

People afford what they want. We have our priorities screwed up. Health care is a commodity that we purchase. Iknow many many people that say health care is too expensive, but use their resources on unnecessarily extravagant things. If you want something, you'll find a way to get it. You have to decide what is important to you. Your health, or a big screen TV.

Merc is just a sampling of the moronic thinking that universal healthcare will work. Healthcare is available to everyone. Money is there for people who cannot afford healthcare but make "too much money" to qualify for Medicaid.
    Hill-Burton has been around for a very long time.
    Why doesn't the government lower the income requirements for this program?
    http://www.hrsa.gov/hillburton/
    medical expenses are tax deductible.
    Why do we have to give up quality for quantity and increased taxes?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    You want healthcare, go out and get it! When you’re sitting there deciding to buy that new house you better think to yourself, “Maybe I should buy healthcare”. When you’re sitting there writing that $70 cable bill you better think to yourself, “Maybe I should buy healthcare”. When you’re sitting there ready to buy that $30,000 Trailblazer maybe you should think, “Maybe I should buy healthcare”…..

Once again, another liberal that believes it’s everyone else’s responsibility to sacrifice to give him something. Conservatives aren’t being “obstructionists” they are being “realists”. Healthcare costs money and the bottom line is “someone” has to pay for it!

But let’s not cloud facts with the idea that YOU want something!
    What choo be talkin bout fool? I be havin cable & satellite, and an Escalade with spinners and I be gettin mah heath care fo free. I'd be buyin a house but den dey'd be cuttin me off da Medicaid and woud'nt be payin my rint no mo.

What did Res do with good ole Merc???

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349

Thread Information