View Poll Results: Can Grassroots, Inc. Be Trusted By The African-American Community In Buffalo and WNY?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. They are true civil rights advocates!

2 14.29%
  • Yes. They may be trusted...as far as they can be seen.

1 7.14%
  • No. They only do that which is in their own self-interest.

8 57.14%
  • No. They are one of the black community's problems.

1 7.14%
  • No. And who gives a crap? I don't!

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Grassroots, Inc.

Exclamation Grassroots, Inc.

Anyone notice how silent NYS Senator Byron Brown
    and NYS Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples were in
    the Ward campaign. Are these people not fellow
    Dems?!? Is Grassroots in bed with the Giambra
    Administration? May we add these political barracudas
    to the list of Giambracrats. Notice how silent these 2
    have been on the "Share The Penny" debate, as well.
    And, I can't help myself, is this the first time in the
    history of the City of Buffalo that so many sitting
    Common Councilmembers ran un-opposed, or what?!?
    Was that part of a grand scheme to encourage a low
    voter turnout? Lemme see, what city-wide election was
    undeniably influenced negatively by such a scenario?
    Hmmm...City Comptroller, maybe? Just maybe. Will Pitts
    now try to square-off on Brown come next mayoral
    election? And does Brown stand a snowball's chance in hell
    of winning against a white male- ANY white male,
    including Frosty the Snowman? We'll see.

The African-American communities biggest problem is not a lack of civil rights. It's the price they have had to pay for economic policies that obstensibly were supposed to help but have hurt instead. Perhaps Peoples et al are part of a new generation that recognizes that the old ways are of no use anymore. I'd love to see young African-American leadership ally with the Giambracrats. Perhaps then the future would be more than just "programs" and "civil service jobs". When the economy is healthy, everybody gets a job. And the machine that services the poor is no longer needed. Perhaps that's what some in the African American community fear the most.
    Give the young people a chance.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

....And the machine that services the poor is no longer needed. Perhaps that's what some in the African American community fear the most.
    I don't know, but to me it sounds like you're associating the "African-American" communities with being "poor".

The working-class-poor are in every community... black, white, green, blue and purple.

sbGUY27
    Maybe the African Americans should educate them selves on such matters. Instead of letting some social service company with their own agenda fight for them. But that would involve some sort of educational values that the african american community lacks. Many studies have shown that african americans don't. Study that is. So when members of the african american community get up and find out for them selves and not call the Jessie Jacksons of the world to fight for them, maybe they will accomplish something. But until then they are fair game to be taken advantage of. Ignorance isn't bliss after all.

sbGUY27
    Picketing only gets you so far.

Byron Brown and Crystal Peoples both stood with Bill Stachowski and Brian Higgins to say unless some type of revenue sharing was done with the city by the county they would consider working against approving Erie Counties one percent that they have to renew each year in Albany.
    Politics are politics and why they were not so vocal about Ward I have no clue but I am sure it was not because they secretly support Giambra or agree with his agenda.

Re: Grassroots, Inc.

Originally posted by BuffaloChic
    Notice how silent these 2
    have been on the "Share The Penny" debate, as well.
    And does Brown stand a snowball's chance in hell
    of winning against a white male- ANY white male,
    including Frosty the Snowman? We'll see.
    Sounds to me your a bit upset about the penny.....Ward is just like Milroy (Killroy), tax the people to death so we can keep the non-working programs alive. And your comment about Byron and Frosty and all the other white males running is so childish, really you should put more effort into getting the African American community out to vote, rather than pinning blame on another group of people. Those that do vote their conscience count...those that vote their color only, are ignorant! I really hope Peoples votes to get rid of the penny (and it happens), but we all know she's blowing smoke!

I am not so sure about anyone blowing smoke. I do know if they don't renew the penny sales tax then it will expose Giambra for what he is. He will show his true colors and cut services instead of patronage, just like Masiello.

Originally posted by citymouse
    He will show his true colors and cut services instead of patronage, just like Masiello.
    Sorry, make's no difference who is in office....There will always be patronage jobs! These are the jobs for people who have raised money and stuck by through thick and thin....We all have a cousin that needs a good job don't we? Get rid of the penny!!!! It's nothing but a "TAX", Remeber the county leg. is made up of the tax and spend party.....That penny will be around for a long time! Forget about the penny!

As opposed to the don't tax just spend party?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by mynikeballs
    Sorry, make's no difference who is in office....There will always be patronage jobs! These are the jobs for people who have raised money and stuck by through thick and thin....We all have a cousin that needs a good job don't we? Get rid of the penny!!!! It's nothing but a "TAX", Remeber the county leg. is made up of the tax and spend party.....That penny will be around for a long time! Forget about the penny!

Wrong. There are people that will not allow patronage. We just have to round them up.

Originally posted by WNYresident
    Wrong. There are people that will not allow patronage. We just have to round them up.
    Not wrong, just mistaken....let the round up begin...we'll meet back here with nominations in lets say two decades.....There is nobody out there who will not owe someone something.......

Originally posted by citymouse
    As opposed to the don't tax just spend party?
    That's right...live within the budget...not to much to ask for is it? Now don't get me wrong, the cost of doing...goes up...there is need for modest increase in "tax"....But one party (look at Tony) loves to tax...one loves to live within their means. I'm sure you do....or someone you know..........

Thread Information