Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With Satish

An Evening With Satish

Free Buffalo will present "An Evening With Satish Mohan" to mark the one year anniversary of the meeting that put us on the local political map--March 8th, 7-9pm at Tandoori's/The Palms, 7740 Transit Rd. at Sheridan Dr.

Supervisor Mohan will speak; Free Buffalo will announce its committee to review the Amherst Budget; and the audience will have plenty of time for questions and comments as usual.

The event is free and open to the public and it's first come, first served. Room capacity is 275.

Thumbs up

awesome

moonshine
    My crystal ball reveals a seat-belt checkpoint administered by Amherst's finest directly in front of the Tandoori's parking lot

I'll have the FBI's number handy--they have jurisdiction over such nonsense.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Bring your digital camera so you can snap a picture of the officer harassing you

Originally posted by moonshine
    My crystal ball reveals a seat-belt checkpoint administered by Amherst's finest directly in front of the Tandoori's parking lot
    That would not surprise me one bit.
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

Exclamation Word to the Wise

let's not forget to stay w/i the legal alcohol level when we leave Tandori's

Unregistered
    Thanks for the tip Buffy

I'll keep that in mind

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

James Ostrowski
    435-8918
    jameso@apollo3.com
    http://www.freebuffalo.org
    http://www.freeny.org

Satish Mohan to Speak at One Year
    Anniversary Meeting of Free Buffalo

Buffalo, New York. March 2, 2006. Amherst Town Supervisor Dr. Satish Mohan will speak at the one-year anniversary meeting of Free Buffalo, on March 8th, at 7:00 p.m. at the site of the initial meeting, Tandoori’s/The Palms at 7740 Transit Road near Sheridan drive (rear entrance).

At the event, Free Buffalo President James Ostrowski will announce the formation of a committee of Amherst residents will who study the Amherst Town Budget and recommend spending reductions.

The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The program will begin at 7:00 p.m. and will last till 8:30 p.m. There will be a cash bar and hors d'oeuvres.

There are no reservations and the room holds 300 people.

Free Buffalo is the Erie County chapter of Free New York, Inc., a non-profit, non-partisan New York State public policy research corporation. It has offices at 1535 Hertel Ave., Buffalo, New York, 14216.

Free New York is the research and policy arm of the Upstate tax revolt.

All political parties and candidates are welcome to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer
    Thanks for the tip Buffy

I'll keep that in mind

Don't worry...if we drink too much, Buffy will drive us all home.

By the way, dinner is 20% off that night if you're from Free Buffalo. 5-10pm I believe are the hours.

Reminder--come tomorrow night.

Never a dull moment at Free Buffalo.

Here is Free Buffalo News Alert No. 5, published in conjunction with tonight's meeting featuring Dr. Satish Mohan at 7pm at Tandoori's on Transit near Sheridan. Admission is free and it's better than TV!

Free Buffalo, the Erie County chapter of Free New York, Inc., supports a bottom-up, bottom-heavy political structure with the primary unit of governance being local, organic communities such as cities, towns and villages. We are opposed to top-down, top-heavy approaches including forced regionalization.

We favor municipal governments not because they are sacrosanct or without defects. In fact, they share some of the same defects as all governments. They are bureaucratic and coercive and vulnerable to special interest manipulation and exploitation. Yet, they also have certain virtues that other levels of government lack.

Last reminder--if you missed last year's great meeting--Tom Bauerle said it was one of the best events he had ever attended--make up for it this year.

I make this promise every time we have an event--Free Buffalo always has great parties.

The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The program will begin at 7:00 p.m. and will last till 8:30 p.m. There will be a cash bar and hors d'oeuvres.

Dinner in the resturant 20% off if you're with Free Buffalo.

Last night's event with Satish Mohan went very well. Attendance was about 85. Satish wowed the crowd with his message of re-engineering Amherst government from the ground up. This is a man who really is improving the quality of life, not by sending "hither swarms of Officers to harrass our People, and eat out their substance," but by cutting the cost of government to allow for tax cuts so we can restore the health of the economy and stop our decline.

We also released our initial analysis of the Amherst budget and called for a major cut in property taxes.

To study the budget in greater detail, we have formed a committee of Amherst residents to go through the budget line-by-line. Eleven members have joined and a meeting will be announced shortly.

Here are some of my remarks by way of introducing Satish:

Let me now introduce our guest speaker for this evening. Last year, one man heard the public’s demand for new leadership and made himself heard with unmistakable clarity. A candidate emerged seemingly from no where who embodied the spirit of the tax revolt, and who with sheer hard work, enthusiastic volunteers, and a chunk of change from his own pocket, defeated the establishment candidate in the primary and then ousted a popular incumbent in November.

He is delivering on his promise to shake things up. He is avoiding the path of least resistance and that, as Robert Frost suggested, has made all the difference. The political class has responded with a hurricane of venom and retaliation, but the stoical Professor Satish Mohan has managed to stay calm and in control in the eye of that hurricane. He’s in a class by himself but it’s not the political class.

Another thing. Satish Mohan knows something that many local politicians do not. He knows that “In this country, we have rules."

Here’s a few of those rules:

First, the people rule the government; the government doesn’t rule the people.

Second, as Grover Cleveland said, “It is a good thing for the people now and then to rise up and let the office holders know that they are responsible to the masses.”

Third, the people have the right to free speech and the right to petition the government for a redress of grievances without being shouted down.

Now, it is my great pleasure to introduce the man who is engineering a tax revolt in our largest town, the man who, like a rock star, is now affectionately known by his first name alone; and is becoming a civic celebrity in Western New York.

The Supervisor of the Town of Amherst, Dr. Satish B. Mohan. Dr. Mohan, at Free Buffalo, you may speak freely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information