Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo News Unites Waring Factions??????????????????????

Buffalo News Unites Waring Factions??????????????????????

The following are 2 articles from JT. To those in the know, it looks like he is trying to defend Dan Ward again by attacking the Buffalo News and deflecting criticism from the Council while left-handily attacking Mohan. (Spelling mistakes are his.)

BUFFALO NEWS SLANTS ARTICLES TO FAVOR NEW SUPERVISOR
    Written by James *******
    Friday, 17 February 2006
    Any half way decent writer will use certain words to slant a story his way. The people of Amherst chose a new Council member and a new Supervisor in our last election This Supervisor is trying his best to correct the way the Town pays their vendors. He has two members of the Financial Director’s office helping him to find possible errors so they can be corrected Some people feel he is spending to much time on this one project and neglecting several other important matters.

There are Council members and others, who are offering suggestions in handling payment of our vendors Many of the bills we haven’t paid are 90 to 60 days late. These bills should have been paid under the Grelick Regime. They aren’t the responsibility of our new Supervisor but they our bills which our Town must pay.

Why does this problem appear in the Buffalo News so often? In articles which make our Councilman look like marauders attacking this new Supervisor for no sound reason.. Our Town loves an underdog which Supervisor Mohan represents but he has a powerful ally the reporters of the Buffalo News. No matter what Supervisor Mohan says the Buffalo News prints it as they are words in the Bible. The slanting of stories in favor of our Supervisor is breaking the carnal word of a reporter. Reporters’ reports the news not make it.

The Buffalo News is the culprit who has turned Amherst into two warring factions. Those for Supervisor Mohan‘s changes and those against them.. It could have went smoothly but the Buffalo News enter our business with slanted storiest how people are attacking our Supervisor. He has written this line over and over in different ways. We don’t want the News involved in our Town’s personal affairs.

POLITICAL NOTES
    Written by Administrator
    Friday, 17 February 2006
    All candidates who ran in the 2005 election were legally obligated to submit their Financial Disclose statements to the Board of Elections by 1/17/06. Council member Debbie Bucki and Supervisor Mohan had failed to do this as of 2/17/06. This statement is a record of the contributions from which contributors and their expenses. This information needed to be in the hands of the Board of Elections 27 days after the race is completed.

Supervisor Mohan stated the 2004 budget ended in a deficit for the year. He quoted that the audited figures of money received were $104 million dollars and money spent was $122 million. What the Supervisor didn’t know, or what wasn’t explained to him, was that the Town received $18 million dollars in Grant money which is added to contributions. These two figures, the $104 million and $18 million in Grant funding, equal $122 million, therefore the deficit and contributions for the year 2004 balance out.

All I ask for is that information that is let out at TB meetings or the media are correct. When a Town Supervisor (or for that matter any TB member) attends such events such as the Amherst Chamber of Commerce meeting, TB meetings, civic groups, etc.to give speaches such as the State of the Town address, facts and figures must be correct. If you are new like to a business or title within a company, it would be proper to state that as you take on the task of governing a town for the first time, there is much to learn and try to place a positive spin on the state of the town and possible positive changes that can be made to enhance the governing of town services. But to attack everything about this town, including past budgets, employees, etc and claim a possible nonexistant budget deficit sends the wrong message to the business community. Like it or not, you need to keep the business community interested in continuing investing in this town or a greater burden will be placed on the single family home owner. To say that changes cannot be made in the management of this town would be false, department mergers, purchasing practices, etc. should be actively pursued, but should include bringing all of the effected parties together to discuss the same. It was said on more than one occassion that the TB and employees should be like a family, hopefully it is not to be interpreted as a disfunctional family (as it seems to be heading towards).

Satish Mohan can't say anything good about the Town because he would have to give credit to the previous administration.

A good leader gives credit where credit is due. I haven't seen any good leadership qualities in Satish Mohan.

All I see from him is alot of finger pointing, whining, and an inability to communicate and to solve problems.

Where is Mohan? He never makes public appearances; he never is in the public eye except for board meetings.

Where is the image making for the Town that ALL Supervisors in the past have done and is expected? He is suppose to be the leader of the this community; why the hell doesn't he act like one?

Originally posted by Usually Right
    Where is Mohan? He never makes public appearances; he never is in the public eye except for board meetings.

Where is the image making for the Town that ALL Supervisors in the past have done and is expected? He is suppose to be the leader of the this community; why the hell doesn't he act like one?
    Mohan won't do any work unless he can get a headline or a soundbite about it.

Originally posted by amherst resident
    Satish Mohan can't say anything good about the Town because he would have to give credit to the previous administration.

A good leader gives credit where credit is due. I haven't seen any good leadership qualities in Satish Mohan.

All I see from him is alot of finger pointing, whining, and an inability to communicate and to solve problems.
    Tell me what smiley Grelik did for Amherst. Again what is your agenda.You a town employee who doesent want his world rocked???????????

How does a leader act?

Originally posted by amherst resident
    Mohan won't do any work unless he can get a headline or a soundbite about it.
    Grelick wouldnt do any work if she couldnt get any graft.

Bravo

Bravo Forreason. Your post was right on. As to the succeeding posts - garbage!
    dono

466?

I think your number is really 666.

Thanks. I wrote two recent blogs because I truly believe most of the people have deep down inside a similar belief in what is good for this town.

Where is Mohan? He never makes public appearances; he never is in the public eye except for board meetings
    UR,
    He has made many, many public appearances. Haven't you seen him on the News and heard him on the Radio ???? Baurle had him for hours.

I hope that was meant tongue in cheek.

He has not appeared at any place that is non political. EVERYTHING he does is for press or politics.

Who said this is a man who knows nothing about politics?

466?

I think your number is really 666.
    Thank you for the compliment. I pride myself on being an equal opportunity Devil. Susan Grelick was corrupt and you folks wont admit to it. Amherst is an Evil place.Hey my kind of town :

I hope that was meant tongue in cheek.

He has not appeared at any place that is non political. EVERYTHING he does is for press or politics.

Who said this is a man who knows nothing about politics?
    UR,
    It was tongue and cheek ( a taste of sarcasism).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information