Thread: ConAgra to close Chautauqua County Carriage House plants; more than 400 jobs lost

ConAgra to close Chautauqua County Carriage House plants; more than 400 jobs lost

The union representing workers at the Carriage House plants in Dunkirk and Fredonia confirmed that owner ConAgra Foods will close both facilities.

More...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I do not want to jump to conclusions. What political party basically controls Dunkirk and Fredonia?

The Dunkirk plant makes syrups, pourables and spoonable dressings. Production lines are expected to be moved to other locations, including Kentucky.
    King Syrup has been sold a few times, but ConAgra owns it now as well as The Carriage House. King Syrup is produced in a factory in Kentucky - Looks like that's the reason why ConAgra will move some production there.

Could it be the high cost of doing business in New York State have any bearing on the company's decision on closing the plant?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

How many of those workers had to be prodded along like cattle to get them to get any work done? Hmmmm I wonder? If the plant was producing it would not have closed.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    How many of those workers had to be prodded along like cattle to get them to get any work done? Hmmmm I wonder? If the plant was producing it would not have closed.
    That is an unfair view of things. It usually boils down to cost of doing business in NYS compared to other areas in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That is an unfair view of things. It usually boils down to cost of doing business in NYS compared to other areas in the USA
    Unfair, really is it now. Cost of business includes worker production. I implied something, I wondered .... not proclaimed.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information