Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approved fire pits??

Approved fire pits??

Does anyone have/know the list of town approved fire pits?

I never really gave it much thought, but I'd be curious to know as well.

It seems as though everyone has them, and don't hide the fact that they're in use, so I really don't know that it matters (unless you have a jerk for a neighbor or have a raging fire).

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Keep a wiener or two in the fridge... when the police show up grab your weiner (from the fridge) and act like your cooking it over your fire.

The police have already stopped by in the past (disgruntled neighbor maybe-never gave them a reason to dislike me). The officer said the fire was not a problem, just has to be 15 feet from a structure, no overhanging trees with a nearby extinquishing source (ie: garden hose). And no bonfires or pallet fires of course. Just recomended an approved pit. He actually seemed a little aggrivated that he was called out for that. He said they get plenty of those calls. I do like the wiener idea though

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Keep a wiener or two in the fridge... when the police show up grab your weiner (from the fridge) and act like your cooking it over your fire.
    I keep mine in my pants.

You are lucky to live in a town that allows a fire. In Depew, the power hungry mayor has banned all outdoor fires. Because of this mayor there is no such thing as an approved fire pit. You can't even burn wood in a grill now. The first thing I will do when this mayor is voted out is attend a village board meeting and ask that this law be repealed!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Hate to rain on the parade, but if you or your child had asthma, you would understand the problem with open burning of wood, etc. in firepits or on open grills.

People that live in the suburbs should stop trying to replicate life in the country. If you have the desire to sit around a fire and sing Coom-ba-ya, join the Boy Scouts, or buy some acreage in the Southern Tier.

Although some firepit owners use them "responsibly," all it takes is one idiot to make life miserable for the entire neighborhood, not to mention those with respiratory problems (see previous), and the risk of flying embers setting my roof ablaze. Once you allow firepits, people will burn trash and anything else.

If I find you burning in my neigborhood, I won't call the PoPo, I'll come by at night and toss an old magnesium Volkswagen engine block on the fire and let the fun begin.

You obviously dont leave a fire burning unattended at night (or burn pressure treated wood or leafs-no more smoke than a charcoal grill). Ive talked to my immediate neighbors before burning anything. common curtesy. and the day i find someone sneaking around my backyard and they are not in a police unifrorm, ill be the one calling the po-po.... and an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by the ocho View Post
    You obviously dont leave a fire burning unattended at night (or burn pressure treated wood or leafs-no more smoke than a charcoal grill)....
    It is for this exact reason we have to enact laws that cater to the lowest common denominator....

Neighborhood backyard fires are a great way to dispose of old ammo. I've got a box of .22 longs, .12 ga., some 30.06. I think I'll toss them in to any illegal fire that I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    Hate to rain on the parade, but if you or your child had asthma, you would understand the problem with open burning of wood, etc. in firepits or on open grills.
    Screw you. Close your friggin windows agin the minority telling the majority whats wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by the ocho View Post
    The police have already stopped by in the past (disgruntled neighbor maybe-never gave them a reason to dislike me). The officer said the fire was not a problem, just has to be 15 feet from a structure, no overhanging trees with a nearby extinquishing source (ie: garden hose). And no bonfires or pallet fires of course. Just recomended an approved pit. He actually seemed a little aggrivated that he was called out for that. He said they get plenty of those calls. I do like the wiener idea though
    I tell ya I would give em a reason now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    What about perfume,should that be banned from being worn in public? allergy's to dogs and cats? they got to go. peanut dust, car fumes and what about a wood burning fire place? I will take it your whole house is tile or hardwood floors, you don't drive and have no Oder producing items in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTENDFIRECO View Post
    What about perfume,should that be banned from being worn in public? allergy's to dogs and cats? they got to go. peanut dust, car fumes and what about a wood burning fire place? I will take it your whole house is tile or hardwood floors, you don't drive and have no Oder producing items in your home.
    Left wing liberals like to control everyone else's lives. Don't you dare disagree either.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information