Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: National Health Care Plan

Thumbs down National Health Care Plan

The National Health Care Plan sounds like a lofty idea. The problem I have with a national health care plan is the additional cost to my pocket. In my many years years of living under the specter of government mandates. I have yet to see a government spending project that did not take money out of my pocket.

The group that would gain the most from a Nation health Care Plan would be the many new people that would have to be hired to work in this new government bureaucracy. We all know that this new bureaucracy would not come cheap and these new bureaucrats would vote for any politician who promised to give them more.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

See what Obama and the liberals want you to believe is that this plan is only for the 46 Million uninsured, of which almost 20 MIllion are illegals. What they keep saying is that this will not affect people that have private insurance, but how wrong they will be.

Let me ask you all a simple question. Say your are an owner or CEO or a company. When times are tough, like they are now, they want to cut costs and as anyone knows labor is the most adjustable cost. Now say you have 100 empolyees costing you 40,000,000 in payrol, 8,000,000 in health care and 4,000,000 in other benefits.
    You need to cut $5,000,000 in costs. Currently, you have two options, cut jobs or cut pay. Now these will really drop moral and may effect productivity in your remaining 90 workers.
    Now with nationalized healthcare yo have much higer taxes to pay for the poor's car, you have to cut more let's say $6,000,000. However now you have a third option, since people who are uninsured will be covered by the lower quality Obama plan, you can cut healthcare to all but your top empolyees. This will give you the $6 million in cuts and keep everyones job, but you'll be forcing 90 people into a lower quality system like Canada's or Britains.

Now say a lot of companies do this, you will now a have system that is OVERWHELEMED and underfunded, raising taxes even more. Not to mention this will put all the private insurers out of business cause MILLIONS to be unemployed and replaced by a MASSIVE underproductive burocracy (that will spend TRILLIONS on for pensions alone).
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Thumbs down Under Obama

It looks like under Obama, there will be no hope for the working class. Just more pain and unfilled promises.

The free cheesers want free health care.

Actually, we want affordable health care....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

under the record breaking profits of the oil industry, is the insurance industry.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Under??
    You think the oil industry doesn't answer to insurance companies in a lot of ways?
    HipKat's Blog

Affordable Health Care?

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Actually, we want affordable health care....
    A National Health Care program will never be affordable. The cost to this nation will damage what is left of our economy. Most taxpayers complain about the cost of welfare. Just wait until the taxpayers find out what the real cost of a national health care will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    A National Health Care program will never be affordable. The cost to this nation will damage what is left of our economy. Most taxpayers complain about the cost of welfare. Just wait until the taxpayers find out what the real cost of a national health care will be.
    Not true Lacks. I've taken the numbers thrown around and figured that, for my family, a national health plan would cost less per capita in taxes than I would save by getting rid of my private insurance. I think I'd end up saving about $240 a year or something.

Remember, many if not most of the people who would be taking advantage of a national health care program are already under Medicaid. You need to figure that in when you're finding costs.

And Dougles, find me ANYWHERE that says we'll be giving health care to illegals. We already give them emergency medical care...it just gets written off the books when they usually don't pay. That is to say, we are paying for them anyway, but at no point have any policy makers suggested we should extend insurance coverage to those who are here illegaly. I believe you already knew that though.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

He does, Run. But as a typical Conservative, he needs to pump up the panic laden mania in order to further his agenda.
    HipKat's Blog

Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    Not true Lacks. I've taken the numbers thrown around and figured that, for my family, a national health plan would cost less per capita in taxes than I would save by getting rid of my private insurance. I think I'd end up saving about $240 a year or something.

Remember, many if not most of the people who would be taking advantage of a national health care program are already under Medicaid. You need to figure that in when you're finding costs.
    I don't know where you got your figures so I have to assume you may be correct in your case. How these figures would work out for the people who have retired that still have a paid health care plan may be a different story. I can't believe our country can afford another costly social plan. Already their are warnings about Medicare and Social Security going broke in the near future.

Do you think that if there is a Nation Health Care Plan that the property taxes collected in Eire County for Medicaid will be removed from the tax rolls or will the politicians quickly find another way to spend the tax that is collected for Medicaid?

And Dougles, find me ANYWHERE that says we'll be giving health care to illegals. We already give them emergency medical care...it just gets written off the books when they usually don't pay. That is to say, we are paying for them anyway, but at no point have any policy makers suggested we should extend insurance coverage to those who are here illegaly. I believe you already knew that though.

What's the difference? They get Medicaid as it is and do you honestly think your liberal/DEM brethren(sp) will leave illegals out of this healthcare? As you said, if we do nationalize it, we'll no longer have medicaid. So either they illegals will be left with NOTHING (which you would never let happen) or they'll be part of YOUR wonderful healthcare program!

Again tell me one succesful program the GOVT has had it's hand in?? SS will spend more than it takes in by 2016 and Medicare is already spending more than it takes in. Taxes will have to rise, so your TINY $240 will be sucked up in taxes and inflation in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    What's the difference? They get Medicaid as it is and do you honestly think your liberal/DEM brethren(sp) will leave illegals out of this healthcare? As you said, if we do nationalize it, we'll no longer have medicaid. So either they illegals will be left with NOTHING (which you would never let happen) or they'll be part of YOUR wonderful healthcare program!

Again tell me one succesful program the GOVT has had it's hand in?? SS will spend more than it takes in by 2016 and Medicare is already spending more than it takes in. Taxes will have to rise, so your TINY $240 will be sucked up in taxes and inflation in no time!
    No, illegals don't get medicaid. And no, I (and I'm betting most Dem's) would NOT support giving benefits to illegal aliens.

Like I posted elsewhere...I get frustrated when it doesn't even MATTER to you that you're wrong.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

No, illegals don't get medicaid. And no, I (and I'm betting most Dem's) would NOT support giving benefits to illegal aliens.

Like I posted elsewhere...I get frustrated when it doesn't even MATTER to you that you're wrong.
    So then can you clarify who payes the medical bills when illegals go to an ER and skip out?

And i'm still waiting for one succesful govt run program, because i can give you 10 that have failed and cost the US tax payer TRILLIONS!
    Last edited by Dougles; June 9th, 2009 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    So then can you clarify who payes the medical bills when illegals go to an ER and skip out?

And i'm still waiting for one succesful govt run program, because i can give you 10 that have failed and cost the US tax payer TRILLIONS!
    When someone doesn't pay their medical bills (such as illegals) the cost gets passed on to those who DO pay their bills, whether privately or through insurance. So no, it doesn't go through Medicaid...it gets spread around to every single person who gets any type of health care or health insurance at all.

Again, does it even matter to you that you're wrong?

Wanna go back to before Social Security and see how many seniors were living in poverty, contrasted with today's numbers? How about how many seniors are actually still living thanks to their Medicare? You know, that government program whose overhead is a small fraction of its private counterparts? Yeah, they need to have their financing reformed, but they're certainly doing their intended job. Wanna take a look at how much R&D the NIH has contributed to medicine over the past century? Wholly government agency there.

I'm not saying everything the government touches is golden. You however are saying that everything the government touches is crap. And as usual it won't matter to you that you're wrong.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information