Thread: Recreation out of control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Recreation out of control

I see the latest & greatest from Recreation. http://www.westseneca.net/sites/defa...0207095436.pdf

How does this position deserve 13.50 p/hr when she was hired less than a year ago!http://www.westseneca.net/sites/default/files/masset03726820130705103106.pdf

s
    ame old nonsense. This camp better be out of this world with these people making so much money when a college kid could be doing the same work for half the money. How is she qualified for this position? When and where was it posted??

SAME OLD POLITICS

Your insight is brilliant. So, tell me more about the college student that is interested in a job that pays $6.75 an hour...
    What's minimum wage now a days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Your insight is brilliant. So, tell me more about the college student that is interested in a job that pays $6.75 an hour...
    Exactly.... pray tell.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Recreation Employees Out of Control

A couple weeks ago a forum was posted on how the Recreation Department was out of control for the appointment of Lauren M. as Recreation Supervisor at the rate of $13/hour. It is my understanding Lauren M. has been solely plan
    I have a contact who works in the Kiwanis center, but not for Recreation. He claims Craig K. is constantly complaining he isn't full time. When he is in the office he is taking personal phone calls about his landscape business or selling game machines. Why would he be made full time if he isn't even dedicated when he is in the office. I didnt realize he was being paid $18 an hour to take care of his own business rather than the towns. Among other statements I have heard on his work ethic and the fact he is actively searching for other employment.

A couple weeks ago a forum was posted on how the Recreation Department was out of control for the appointment of Lauren M. as Recreation Supervisor at the rate of $13/hour. It is my understanding Lauren M. has been solely planning the Summer Day Camp and will be leading the camp. If this is true she deserves the appointment. I am almost positive I read a story about her in the Sun or Bee a few months ago running a can drive for some food pantry. I have only spoken to her one time but she seems dedicated to making improvements for the people in West Seneca.

Mike T. is also a Recreation Supervisor who I have heard from my contact at the Kiwanis and also my brother who plays on his over 30 hockey team is constantly complaining he wasn't given a raise when Lauren M. was appointed. What does her appointment have to do with him? Instead of worrying about others perhaps he should worry about himself and his work ethic. Mike T. rarely ever does his actual job but more or less finds ways around doing the task at ha
    nd. I have been to the ice rink various times when he should have been supervising and he seemed to be watching a movie on his tablet. What if someone would have got hurt? I am sure he will be rewarded for bad mouth his fellow employee and pretending to work with a raise rather than reprimanded for making the West Seneca Recreation Department look bad.

These statement are of the third person in nature if they are indeed true 2/3 of the employees at Recreation are out of control. Shame on this department.

What the hell is a Recreation Department?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Lets be honest...by definition, a recreation department is meant to recreate. So who's wrong? Them for screwing around, or you for expecting work at at rec dept?

This is the obvious problem with nepotism and patronage - its a disservice to tax payers and actually the employee in question.

People cry about welfare - they say, "They don't care because everything they have is given to them - why should they care when every thing's free" - its the same when you raise someone to be a "Patronage Puppet" - they aren't learning to "work" or to be "Productive" - they feel entitled. They only do enough work to meet minimum requirements - most are then also sheltered by Unions who's only true interest is dues to build their PAC Funds(Political Action Committees). No I am not anti union !

The Politicians and Department Boss's (usually members of the same committee) create marginal need job positions - then the Controlling Party Committee use those positions to reward "Party Players" - they mostly include pensions, benefits like Cadillac health care and more.

This breeds slackers - not workers - they believe they deserve more money - not work. They run their other business or actual continually campaign on the tax payers money. If a person is paid for 40 hours a week - they should be at work. Not sitting on a bar stool or riding a lawn mower for personal gain. Many times its the Boss's who set the example -

I cringe every time a Politician brags about being a "Full service Town" - then they drag about all the wonderful services "They provide".

The services are tax funded - the only thing many "Politicians provide" is a chance for "Party Loyal" to receive tax funded employment. Those who work actually provide the services and they are tired of carrying your patronage babies.

But, always remember - "They do it for the kids"
    Last edited by 4248; March 3rd, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by saysomething9876 View Post
    A couple weeks ago a forum was posted on how the Recreation Department was out of control for the appointment of Lauren M. as Recreation Supervisor at the rate of $13/hour. It is my understanding Lauren M. has been solely planning the Summer Day Camp and will be leading the camp. If this is true she deserves the appointment. I am almost positive I read a story about her in the Sun or Bee a few months ago running a can drive for some food pantry. I have only spoken to her one time but she seems dedicated to making improvements for the people in West Seneca.
    Well someones pretty one sided here....makes you think who wrote this....
    and seriously i hardly think that speaking to someone one time is justification that they are more than qualified to be a Director. Also lets me honest my 7 year old has ran canned food drives.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by saysomething9876 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by People View Post
    Well someones pretty one sided here....makes you think who wrote this....
    and seriously i hardly think that speaking to someone one time is justification that they are more than qualified to be a Director. Also lets me honest my 7 year old has ran canned food drives.
    Valid point unless the person had a resume packed with experience so you know what your getting from day one.

How many hours does a "recreation director" put in?

Its not just in your Town - we here in Lancaster have the same issues - friends and family hirering - "Party" workers spending more time glad handing than working - taking their own business interests above their tax funded duties.

You cant blame them - they have been indoctrinated to believe its their entitlements. Daddie collected more petitions than other Party Members - Uncle is the Mayor - then throw in nepotism - my dad, my brother, and mother all are "Party Players"

Is it their fault most people have accepted this as just part of the "Game"? Voters and Party Line contributers have condoned this for far to long.

Many of them might as well be on welfare - its not much different and its all tax funded.

Do some thing about it !

Its our responsibility to be watch dogs - its our money - report it.

You can ask what and if the "Recreation Committee receives any pay, stipends or other benefits" - many times you'll find even the most innocent looking "Communitie' Minded Volunteer" gets some kind of compensation. Its always argued - by those who benefit or the Politicians that hand them out - they say things like, "Its a drop in the bucket compared to the total budget - these people put in way more hours than they get paid for - and so on" - well many times that's true - they are credited for way more "hours" but does that equate to working those hours - does that equate to actual services being provided ? Usually no !

If anyone can document time spent by an employee working another job/business or earning money - while being on the clock for the Town - NY State accepts complaints because it is pension fraud.

Individuals who make an allegation may remain anonymous.

You can send a complaint to Report Government Fraud:

State Comptroller DiNapoli is working to find and fight fraud at every level of State and local government. The public’s help is needed in this fight. New Yorkers can report allegations of fraud, corruption or abuse of taxpayer money by calling a toll-free hotline at 1-888-OSC-4555 (1-888-672-4555).

The hotline is staffed Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by experienced investigators from the Investigations Unit of the Legal Services Division of the Office of the State Comptroller. New Yorkers may also file an online complaint, print a complaint form or send an e-mail to investigations@osc.state.ny.us.

Once a complaint is received, the Investigations Unit may:

•Conduct a preliminary investigation;
    •Open a full investigation;
    •Refer the complaint to the proper agency or authority; or
    •Close the case.
    Individuals who make an allegation may remain anonymous.

Thread Information