Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a compromising thought for the legislature

Unregistered

a compromising thought for the legislature

when it comes before the legislature to discuss the downsizing proposition. make a deal. agree to downsize to 11. have 4 year terms. eliminate the county executive position and appoint an executive from within the legislature. :-) the people will have 5 less people representing them this way. and everyone's happy. don't ya think?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    when it comes before the legislature to discuss the downsizing proposition. make a deal. agree to downsize to 11. have 4 year terms. eliminate the county executive position and appoint an executive from within the legislature. :-) the people will have 5 less people representing them this way. and everyone's happy. don't ya think?
    How 'bout this? Don't downsize. Instead, limit position to (2) Two year terms. Then, take away all benefits, and limit staff to a small pool of employees that are shared.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Problem with that is we would end up with a dip**** if the current legislature pick a new exec. Put a bunch of idiots in majority control you still have a bunch of idiots. It's not like you add up their intelligence and end up with a smart group..

WHY? Because anyone can win an elected based on "popularity" not their resume in WNY. Just think if we had majority control with legislatures who think like "treehugger". You wouldn't have wic, you would have wic plus that included 200 dollars worth of wegman spend as you like certificates per week, you would have free college education as long as you could tie your shoes because after all it's for the kids, you would have twice as many people doing the job that 1/4 of the amount of private sector workers could do, etc etc. Check and balances because only in WNY can a "Joe Mesi" get hired at $70,000 grand plus bene's to head up a department with multiple employees with no experience. I know that's at the state level but you get the drift.. Well maybe you don't. Sometimes I think I give people far too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Problem with that is we would end up with a dip**** if the current legislature pick a new exec. Put a bunch of idiots in majority control you still have a bunch of idiots. It's not like you add up their intelligence and end up with a smart group..

WHY? Because anyone can win an elected based on "popularity" not their resume in WNY. Just think if we had majority control with legislatures who think like "treehugger". You wouldn't have wic, you would have wic plus that included 200 dollars worth of wegman spend as you like certificates per week, you would have free college education as long as you could tie your shoes because after all it's for the kids, you would have twice as many people doing the job that 1/4 of the amount of private sector workers could do, etc etc. Check and balances because only in WNY can a "Joe Mesi" get hired at $70,000 grand plus bene's to head up a department with multiple employees with no experience. I know that's at the state level but you get the drift.. Well maybe you don't. Sometimes I think I give people far too much credit.
    She only wants the CL to pick the exec as it woudl always be a tax and GIVEAWAY liberal.

I don't know what she's scared about even if they go down to 9 or 7, Liberals would still be the majority.

again as I said before I think we need 7 and 7 only!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    WNYresident, i read all that you wrote. 3 words stood out more then any thing else. win an elected (i assumue you meant election). the legislature is voted into office.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    She only wants the CL to pick the exec as it woudl always be a tax and GIVEAWAY liberal.
    i would be supporting of a downsizing only if the county executive position is eliminated along with 4 legislators.

how about a county manager with no legislators,, now that's an idea.

i would be supporting of a downsizing only if the county executive position is eliminated along with 4 legislators.
    So you talk about representation and democracy, but dont' want the PEOPLE to pick the CE just the 9 people already incharge of the county, yeah that sounds like a great idea

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    So you talk about representation and democracy, but dont' want the PEOPLE to pick the CE just the 9 people already incharge of the county, yeah that sounds like a great idea
    it's a compromising idea. since so many favor downsizing here. they say why stop at 4. the idea of downsizing one more. what could it hurt? i thought you'd be happy i'd be will to compromise on downsizing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why the county exec?

Unregistered
    when buffalo's refferendum to downsize came to a vote. it removes 3 atlarge positions and the council president. he was someone we voted for in addition to a council person. now buffalo appoints a president from within the council. thought if buffalo could do that. maybe it would work for erie county just as well if the downsize includes an elected position like county executive. think of how much money would be saved by cutting a whole department of staff and personal. it's saving money, right? it's downsizing, right? what wrong with a little compromising? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Truthdetector View Post
    How 'bout this? Don't downsize. Instead, limit position to (2) Two year terms. Then, take away all benefits, and limit staff to a small pool of employees that are shared.
    How about this?
    They all (legislature, and executive) go away and I promise not to ask for elections for anyone to replace them.
    This means that we'll have to rely on our town governments to represent us, but that's doable, I think......
    Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by tomac View Post
    How about this?
    They all (legislature, and executive) go away and I promise not to ask for elections for anyone to replace them.
    This means that we'll have to rely on our town governments to represent us, but that's doable, I think......
    I like your idea better!

when buffalo's refferendum to downsize came to a vote. it removes 3 atlarge positions and the council president. he was someone we voted for in addition to a council person. now buffalo appoints a president from within the council. thought if buffalo could do that. maybe it would work for erie county just as well if the downsize includes an elected position like county executive. think of how much money would be saved by cutting a whole department of staff and personal. it's saving money, right? it's downsizing, right? what wrong with a little compromising? :-)
    But doesn't buffalo have an elected mayor? Why does it need a council president?

WTF is wrong with people that we need 50 overpaid underworked peopel to do the job of 10?

Quote Originally Posted by tomac View Post
    How about this?

I'd rather do it the other way around, seeing that the burbs already pay the majority of the CITIES COSTS, get rid of most of the town/city govts and have one central govt that is elected by the different towns. Make the towns representation higher within the COUNTY govt and get ride of the 100+ stupid town govts.

Make one highways dept, 1 police dept 1 fire dept, get rid of all the fat. We have a 500 lbs pig that needs to slim down to a 150 lbs dog!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information