Rats invading West Seneca! FYI
Cover your trash cans,fill in your foundation holes and call the town to complain. I have noticed an awful amount of tracks latley and actually saw 2 large rats cross East & Weat road in the daylight last week. I contacted my son who said he was just talking to a friend of his that works for Orkin and yes the town is being invaded by rats. The main reason is that Buffalo, town of Cheektowaga, Depew and others have gone to the big garbage cans with the heavy flip down lids. By cutting off their food supply, they travel until they can find easy access to garbage/food. I was told many West Seneca residents just bag extra garbage and put it on the ground.

"They can contaminate the food supply, destroy property, and rats deposit their droppings wherever they go which spread disease. The best method of controlling rats is preventing them in the first place. Examine the foundations of your home and storage buildings. Look for openings where rats could gain entry, and repair any cracks or gaps. Fill in areas around pipes and plumbing with steel wool and caulking.Don't provide rats with food and shelter by letting trash accumulate on your property. Store trash in covered containers, and remove it on a regular basis. Haul away old appliances, and keep grass and weeds mowed. Make your property and yard less accommodating to rats, and they won't make themselves at home in your home."