Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Kuwik

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What do you think of Kuwik

Edward J. Kuwik

Is this the same guy that is getting the job at the Erie County water company?

Re: What do you think of Kuwik

Originally posted by WNYresident
    Edward J. Kuwik

Is this the same guy that is getting the job at the Erie County water company?
    This just backs up my beliefs.All I repete All ploiticians are lieing no good scum bags that have nothing but themselves to think about.To all you A holes that voted for this clown.You get everything you deserve. I wish this idiot nothing but the worst.

He's a lifer politician that didn't want to play the game after being involved in this year's debacle, so he's following the predefined path - if you can't hack it anymore in politics, hide in the ECWA.

1 guess all the jobs at the BMHA and the NFTA we already taken!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wouldn't that be a civil servant test job? Does he have the qualifications for that position?

Anyone know how this stuff works?

Wouldn't it be better if we are paying ($93,000 +) for it to get someone who is really qualified?

Someone who can make the system more efficient and cheaper to run? Someone who hasn't allowed the county to basically crash and burn?

I noticed a lot of the job listings on the internet require experience and degrees for that position.

Does Ed have that? This is personal, it's business. I pay a water bill so it's my business

As far as I know he has a masters degree in engineering or does he ?

609 Ridge Road
    Lackawanna, New York 14218
    Tel: (716) 822-0462
    Fax : (716) 824-0675
    Email: kuwik@erie.gov

Lets all email him and ask him what his qualifications are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kuwik.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	395  

Kuwik doesn't respond to emails. I've tried in the past.

I don't care what kind of degree you have, if you haven't used it in 30 years, you may as well start over.

what do all these "employees" do at these water authority "jobs" and is there anything illegal going on with it?
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

moonshine
    what do all these "employees" do at these water authority "jobs"
    They're busy fusing two (2) hydrogen atoms with one (1) oxygen atom. Then the "employee" carefully delivers the newly created "water" into a "pipe" The work is grueling. The hours are long. The working conditions of the "water authority" cause many "employees" to experiment with other elements, compounds, and molecules while on company time. Booze, hookers, and candian currency seem to be the trifecta du jour.

Isn't it strange that we pay for water that needs to be purified prior to drinking?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    As a water authority customer I feel screwed with them hiring Ed. I looked up what other people require for a position like that and Ed just doens't seem qualified.

Plus at 93,000 a year it will pad his last 3 years of his retirement. We just don't need it. I know a lot of other people that would be much more qualified for that position than most likely ed. Nothing against him personally, this is business .

I personally emailed Ed and asked for his resume and why he feels qualified for this position.

Does anyone know who the "hiring" person is at the ECWA? I would like to ask how they based thier decision.

TimeOut Chair
    --------------------
    A lifelong resident of the City of Lackawanna, Legislator Ed Kuwik was formally trained as an engineer, earning a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University at Buffalo. Ed Kuwik was a mathematics teacher with the Lackawanna School District for several years, during which time he received his Master's Degree in Educational Administration from Niagara University.

Public service continued to call Legislator Kuwik in the 1970's. After serving as Chief Engineer for the City of Lackawanna, Ed Kuwik was elected Mayor of Lackawanna in 1975, eventually serving one full term and a portion of a second, for a total of seven years.

The 1st District seat in the Erie County Legislature became vacant on January 1, 1983. Ed Kuwik was appointed to the vacant seat on January 6 of that year, and was subsequently elected to a full term that November. Legislator Kuwik has since been re-elected by his constituents every two years.
    --------------------

Originally posted by woodstock
    --------------------
    A lifelong resident of the City of Lackawanna, Legislator Ed Kuwik was formally trained as an engineer, earning a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University at Buffalo. Ed Kuwik was a mathematics teacher with the Lackawanna School District for several years, during which time he received his Master's Degree in Educational Administration from Niagara University.

Public service continued to call Legislator Kuwik in the 1970's. After serving as Chief Engineer for the City of Lackawanna, Ed Kuwik was elected Mayor of Lackawanna in 1975, eventually serving one full term and a portion of a second, for a total of seven years.

The 1st District seat in the Erie County Legislature became vacant on January 1, 1983. Ed Kuwik was appointed to the vacant seat on January 6 of that year, and was subsequently elected to a full term that November. Legislator Kuwik has since been re-elected by his constituents every two years.
    --------------------
    So whats your point?

Unregistered
    Ok Folks ..

Time to revive this thread.

What do we know about Ed Kuwik? Is he qualified for this job?

Even if he is, we can no longer afford to let our county continue on with business as usual. They are running this county into the ground. They have their hands deep in our pockets and dammit I'm sick of being mugged by these politicians.

We can not sit idle and accept patronage appointments. Who's next?

We have to stand up and fight!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Job should of been posted publicly and the best person for that job. In this case I would say someone who lives engineering and could do things to cut the cost of our water down.

I now see the water authority is a political piggy bank for our political parties. What happened to civil servant exams. I bet there are far better qualified people out there than ED for the job.

I think eliott should step up to the plate and not let the tax payer get fleeced on 93k a year. He won't though.. he needs that parties political support. But boy if it's a business he'll jump down thier throat for publicity.

moonshine
    The deafening silence from Tokasz and Volker validates the corruption. After all, someday Paul or Dale might need a gig at some regional authority.

Do we need to show up for Thursdays ECWA meeting and make a noisy demo?

It won't get noticed if you sit quietly through the regularly-scheduled boring junk.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information