Captain gets a DWI

Under age drinking

Inappropriate sexual conduct

What is going on in Patchin?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nothing different than what happens in most towns

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't know how you can say 'most' towns. I have been around the block a few times, and I don't think the best word to use here is 'most'. It very well might happen, but is there reason to condone it?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I've lived here most of my life and I can't recall when a chief has resigned after only "two months on the job"..........
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Patchin isn't a town it's a small fire company.

The underage drinking and inappropiate sexual conduct took place at their instalation dinner.

WOW!! thats very dis-heartening to know that type of behavior was going on when two Town of Boston Board Members were present. Assuming Richard Hawkins and James Paluta went to the Installation Banquet. Underage drinking is illegal obviously and the inappropriate sexual conduct is also very bad. No wonder the Chief quit. I wonder if the oath taken by the Town Board Members when elected allows them to behave above the law?

Quote Originally Posted by Iknow View Post
    WOW!! thats very dis-heartening to know that type of behavior was going on when two Town of Boston Board Members were present. Assuming Richard Hawkins and James Paluta went to the Installation Banquet. Underage drinking is illegal obviously and the inappropriate sexual conduct is also very bad. No wonder the Chief quit. I wonder if the oath taken by the Town Board Members when elected allows them to behave above the law?
    Iknow you bring up a good point about the oath of office. Both Hawkins and Paluta took the oath of office at the dinner. They are both directors for Patchin Fire Co. How many others took the oath of office that night and did nothing about the under age drinking or the sexual conduct? President, Vice president, Chaplin, directors, assistent chiefs? I think part of the oath is to uphold the laws of the state of New York.

Quote Originally Posted by boston View Post
    Patchin isn't a town it's a small fire company.

The underage drinking and inappropiate sexual conduct took place at their instalation dinner.
    Have any charges been filed, or is all this heresay?
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by Iknow View Post
    Ask Elliot Spitzer...............

Ask Alan Hevesi................

So what are you all saying none of you have ever done ANYTHING illegal? You never drank underage or went to a party where there was underage drinking? Youve never sped, had a few drinks then drove home? Not to mention where is your proof this all went on anyways? Were you there? and if so why didnt you stop it? Prove there was alcohol in the minors drink....oh right you cant. Hearsay Sneakers, youre right. and this sexual misconduct...what was that? are you going on the HEARSAY of other drunken people or sober reliable witnesses? think about it.

and if you were there why werent the proper authorities contacted?

From the #1 post:

1) The chief has resigned. I've heard this from reliable sources.

2) The captain has been charged with DWI. It was in the paper. But like the commercial says, sometimes good people make mistakes.

As for the other two I haven't heard anything of any substance.

Sorry Sneakers wasnt directing that towards you or your post. It was more directed towards #3 & #4 of the first post.

While One and Two are true, the chief resigned for his own reasons im sure and the DWI...well thats in the paper. so theres no saying those arent true.

But three and four are hearsay and that is why i mentioned you in my above posting because you mentioned hearsay.

The following article details what I think about people who profess to know the truth but only spread rumors and hearsay:

“In a Bill signed into law this week it prohibits using a false identity to otherwise annoy, slander, libel or harass anyone on the Internet. Some who are posters on Blogs decry this because they say that that it is a violation of free speech, unfair and it should not be a Federal Crime.

Indeed interesting comments. Yet chances are we have all be slandered and libeled on the Internet by vindictive, nut cases. If we own companies, we have had competitors do this. Most often someone will make up something and make a fake name and try to destroy your brand name, personal integrity out of jealousy, competitiveness or simply spite.

If such slanderous attacks and libel were to be stopped all at once, we could have better quality communication and maybe people would not be so fast to attack someone if they knew it could be traced back to them? The Internet is the greatest communication device in the history of the human endeavor, we need to protect its integrity, so people should use their true identity, especially if they wish to slam another or libel them. Think how upset you were last time someone attacked you?

What if they didn't wouldn't that have the best for all concerned? So if it makes people think twice, it could turn out to be a very good law. I know why the law was created, because politicians would get attacked via slander comments from opposition, no wonder they all voted for it? They are tired of being attacked. So, that abuse now is coming back on those who falsify their identity only to slander, annoy or libel. So, anyway, some flipside comments for the debate here. Think on this in 2006.”

"Lance Winslow" - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/. Lance is an online writer in retirement.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lance_Winslow
    Last edited by james pluta; May 9th, 2009 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by james pluta View Post
    The following article details what I think about people who profess to know the truth but only spread rumors and hearsay:

“In a Bill signed into law this week it prohibits using a false identity to otherwise annoy, slander, libel or harass anyone on the Internet. Some who are posters on Blogs decry this because they say that that it is a violation of free speech, unfair and it should not be a Federal Crime.

Indeed interesting comments. Yet chances are we have all be slandered and libeled on the Internet by vindictive, nut cases. If we own companies, we have had competitors do this. Most often someone will make up something and make a fake name and try to destroy your brand name, personal integrity out of jealousy, competitiveness or simply spite.

If such slanderous attacks and libel were to be stopped all at once, we could have better quality communication and maybe people would not be so fast to attack someone if they knew it could be traced back to them? The Internet is the greatest communication device in the history of the human endeavor, we need to protect its integrity, so people should use their true identity, especially if they wish to slam another or libel them. Think how upset you were last time someone attacked you?

What if they didn't wouldn't that have the best for all concerned? So if it makes people think twice, it could turn out to be a very good law. I know why the law was created, because politicians would get attacked via slander comments from opposition, no wonder they all voted for it? They are tired of being attacked. So, that abuse now is coming back on those who falsify their identity only to slander, annoy or libel. So, anyway, some flipside comments for the debate here. Think on this in 2006.”

"Lance Winslow" - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/. Lance is an online writer in retirement.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lance_Winslow
    Is there really a difference between being slandered by bloggers or screwed by politicians? They have yet to outlaw that.

Quote Originally Posted by InFromTheCold View Post
    Is there really a difference between being slandered by bloggers or screwed by politicians? They have yet to outlaw that.
    Are you insinuating that there is a difference between Mr. Pluta being slandered by bloggers because he is a politican, or because Mr. Pluta is screwing you because he is a politican that has yet to be outlawed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information