Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Not Call List

Do Not Call List

I have been registered on the do not call list for years.
    Starting with this year's political election I got a lot of political Robo calls.
    I think that political Robo calls are exempt from the do not call list.
    I also have been getting a lot of "credit card security" and "medical alert" Robo calls.
    I have checked to see my status on the do not call list and I'm still on the list.
    I have also spoken to one of the salespeople from from one of the Robo call sites and told him to remove my name or I would report his company,
    He got very belligerent with me and told me to report his company.
    I was just bluffing as I had no idea on how to report a call that I had no knowledge on where it originated.

My question is how do I stop these calls?
    Last edited by Mr. Lackawanna; November 13th, 2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This has to stop. It is a pain in the ass. I can't believe the amount of robo calls we received at work.

Seriously is this something we can stop at the county level? So no party member running for office can robo call anyone in Erie County? Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    I have been registered on the do not call list for years.
    Starting with this year's political election I got a lot of political Robo calls.
    I also have been getting a lot of "credit card security" and "medical alert" Robo calls.
    I have checked to see my status on the do not call list and I'm still on the list.
    I have also spoken to one of the salespeople from from one of the Robo call sites and told him to remove my name or I would report his company,
    He got very belligerent with me and told me to report his company.
    I was just bluffing as I had no idea on how to report a call that I had no knowledge on where it originated.

My question is how do I stop these calls?
    http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Most of these operations are fly by night, and change up often to avoid enforcement. Realistically, you probably just have to ignore numbers from area codes you don't recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Seriously is this something we can stop at the county level?
    No, it would need to be done on a state level.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can our county request the state to do so? Have something "symbolic" voted on?

This will lead me to my next post.

Can our county request the state to do so? Have something "symbolic" voted on?

This will lead me to my next post.
    Sure, the County Legislature could pass a resolution calling on the state to ban or significantly regulate robocalls. It won't happen though.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Sure, the County Legislature could pass a resolution calling on the state to ban or significantly regulate robocalls. It won't happen though.
    Why not? Political party self interest?

Why not? Political party self interest?
    It has nothing to do with party, politician self interest. Find me one of them that hasn't used them in the past.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It isn't my concern if any or all of them used robo calls in the past. It has everything to do with party and politician self interest. At least in my point of view. You want make Erie County and Buffalo NY the power house it should be? We need to start making changes now. If we wait for the "establishment" to do so it will never happen.

It isn't my concern if any or all of them used robo calls in the past. It has everything to do with party and politician self interest. At least in my point of view. You want make Erie County and Buffalo NY the power house it should be? We need to start making changes now. If we wait for the "establishment" to do so it will never happen.
    Sorry, my last post was unclear. I meant it is not a party self interest issue, it is a politician self interest issue. Robocalls have bipartisan users.

I really don't think banning robocalls is high on the agenda to making WNY a "power house", but how do you propose you not wait for the establishment and make changes?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm posting while at work. I have a lot of things on my plate. I'm self employed so any time I waste on speakup I make up afterwards.

Robocalls are not holding back WNY/Erie County. I do agree with you that robocalls are not high on the agenda but you need to start somewhere. We could use the example to see how a law goes from inception to completion. No biggie otherwise.

Here is law I want passed and quickly. At least in Cheektowaga. No grandfather BS either.

I don't believe political party officers should be employed in any fashion by the net tax payer/property owners. Whether it be republican, democrat, IP, working family or green party. I play no favorites. I could see issues arising when it comes to hiring and basically employment issues. Or as we have seen in the past insubordination issues. You are hired to do a job not to conduct politics while on the net tax payers dime.

I'm posting while at work. I have a lot of things on my plate. I'm self employed so any time I waste on speakup I make up afterwards.

Robocalls are not holding back WNY/Erie County. I do agree with you that robocalls are not high on the agenda but you need to start somewhere. We could use the example to see how a law goes from inception to completion. No biggie otherwise.

Here is law I want passed and quickly. At least in Cheektowaga. No grandfather BS either.

I don't believe political party officers should be employed in any fashion by the net tax payer/property owners. Whether it be republican, democrat, IP, working family or green party. I play no favorites. I could see issues arising when it comes to hiring and basically employment issues. Or as we have seen in the past insubordination issues. You are hired to do a job not to conduct politics while on the net tax payers dime.
    If you want the practice of completing a successful grassroots lobbying effort for a law, I would recommend starting somewhere that doesn't involve asking politicians to vote against their self interest.

most of my robo calls have nothing to do with politics . they are the spam of the phone . more money for senior ssi insurance . credit card alerts, penny stock deals , grandson in trouble calls , you won a trip shams, please hold for an important message. debt calls for people I have never heard of or that moved out ten or twenty years ago, if you are so and so push one.
    I am on the no call list but if you have ever made contact or someone in your house has they can by pass the no call list and that includes all the internet sites and their ads
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Robo Calls

Once again, I have pestered by these annoying Robo calls.
    I don't like the calls from politicians looking for my vote.
    It is the other calls that are none political are making me mad.
    I would vote for any politician that would try to eliminate theses none political calls.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Eliminate ALL robo calls. The people running for office are interrupting people at work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information