Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear at gun shows grow

Thanks Tonym,

While we seem to disagree on some of the observations I posted - I agree with your perceptions of what I stated. Perhaps we both see things differently - but much the same.

I was not the guy with the hat and funny coat - I was one in a group of three - one of my friends had a embroidered emblem on his lapel - it appeared to be a law enforcement badge.

Fear means many things to many people - perhaps mistrust should have been used or bewilderment when discussing where our Government is heading next when it comes to our gun rights.

What I meant by "forcing" people to purchase their 22 ammo at guns shows" - was that most big box stores have discontinued the sale or frequently have none. Not that "Force" was used.

Lastly I have no "Journalistic" skills - I write what I see and how most around me express it. Do I misread or flavor the content to more of my interpretation of events - definitely ! Doesn't everyone - didn't you based on what you believe ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Does make you wonder why though. Are we really under threat of being invaded like you see in Red Dawn movies?
    The government has created this mess by promising too many things to too many people. Soon it will have to start taking things away. The government is concerned about unrest. The picture is fairly clear to many people that understand the patterns and relationships.

We have taken out way too much credit to have the Military Industrial complex we have plus the entitlements.,war on drugs etc. There is not enough to afford everything for everyone. You can't print more money to fix it, strong corporate balance sheets wont fix the problem either.. It's way way too big. What is scary to me is the the BRIC countries are trying desperately to get away from the dollar as the world's currency. Hell China's middle class is as big as our whole country.

Add to that. our children will not have the same lifestyle we did. So much for the consumption that drives our economy.

The government is very worried. I peruse reddit on occasion and happened to see a report that people are 34x more likely to buy a gun than purchase insurance through Obamacare.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Thanks Tonym,

While we seem to disagree on some of the observations I posted - I agree with your perceptions of what I stated. Perhaps we both see things differently - but much the same.

I was not the guy with the hat and funny coat - I was one in a group of three - one of my friends had a embroidered emblem on his lapel - it appeared to be a law enforcement badge.

Fear means many things to many people - perhaps mistrust should have been used or bewilderment when discussing where our Government is heading next when it comes to our gun rights.

What I meant by "forcing" people to purchase their 22 ammo at guns shows" - was that most big box stores have discontinued the sale or frequently have none. Not that "Force" was used.

Lastly I have no "Journalistic" skills - I write what I see and how most around me express it. Do I misread or flavor the content to more of my interpretation of events - definitely ! Doesn't everyone - didn't you based on what you believe ?
    I took your article as a hit piece. The van paragraph was irky. Vendors and their supply/transport vehicles are a touchy subject. Theft is a problem. I was a bit heavy and do regret that approach.

I stay away from words such as; always, never, everyone... when writing. And like to use; sometimes, maybe, possibly, it seems; when I do not have completeness of a certain point.

There are some attendees that ask me if I am afraid. No, I am not. Am I targeted? It could be.

We need more people to be out in the open and show numbers with courage.
    Democrats Against UN Agenda 21 - Democrats Against UN Agenda 21

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    I took your article as a hit piece. The van paragraph was irky. Vendors and their supply/transport vehicles are a touchy subject. Theft is a problem. I was a bit heavy and do regret that approach.

I stay away from words such as; always, never, everyone... when writing. And like to use; sometimes, maybe, possibly, it seems; when I do not have completeness of a certain point.

There are some attendees that ask me if I am afraid. No, I am not. Am I targeted? It could be.

We need more people to be out in the open and show numbers with courage.
    Then again look at how many people they lock up for petty drug offenses?!

If this white van spooked everyone, why didn't anyone walk up to the van and peak inside the windows?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

The van - regardless of color was not the "Issue" - the post was to highlight how legal sportsmen/consumers feel about the new and never ending intrusions. The fact that there is so much uncertainty of what right will be tested next.

One guy goes to a gun show to sell a rifle (not this show) - he meets a guy (buyer) who says - "I would like to buy your rifle - if you don't sell it today - call me." -

two days later he calls the guy and says, "My AR is still for sale" - Buyer, "Good, could you meet me at the bowling alley on route five - I'll bring cash" - seller, "Ok - see you there"

The seller is the first person in this area busted for selling a rifle without going through a FBI check prior to the sale. The buyer was a undercover agent.

This event has been discussed over and over - along with other stories of possible entrapment.

Many times ATF Agents and other law enforcement cruise gun shows - there have been agents seen outside of gun shows in unmarked vehicles - many have witnessed these events. The ATF has made public reports of their observations -

I was not implying any dealers expressed "Fear" - they were being quite business like and following all applicable laws. I was enjoying some apple pie and checking out the items for sale.

The van - regardless of color was not the "Issue" - the post was to highlight how legal sportsmen/consumers feel about the new and never ending intrusions. The fact that there is so much uncertainty of what right will be tested next.

One guy goes to a gun show to sell a rifle (not this show) - he meets a guy (buyer) who says - "I would like to buy your rifle - if you don't sell it today - call me." -

two days later he calls the guy and says, "My AR is still for sale" - Buyer, "Good, could you meet me at the bowling alley on route five - I'll bring cash" - seller, "Ok - see you there"

The seller is the first person in this area busted for selling a rifle without going through a FBI check prior to the sale. The buyer was a undercover agent.

This event has been discussed over and over - along with other stories of possible entrapment.

Many times ATF Agents and other law enforcement cruise gun shows - there have been agents seen outside of gun shows in unmarked vehicles - many have witnessed these events. The ATF has made public reports of their observations -

I was not implying any dealers expressed "Fear" - they were being quite business like and following all applicable laws. I was enjoying some apple pie and checking out the items for sale.
    Uh... it is not entrapment if the seller attempts to commit a crime without any urging from the police.

And you left out a few facts. like the perp being told the potential buyer as a felon, and they perp stting he didn't agree with that no selling guns to felons law.

Is that your example of an outstanding American? Like a guy running leading the police on a chase, probably because he knew he had an illegally loaded weapon in the car.

Ya gotta pick some better martyrs.

Once again in your haste to deflect - you assume what incident or incidents were referred to. You then throw in another unrelated scenario to further dilute the conversation. Please try to relate to the discussion instead of always showing readers why people distrust word twisting lawyers who use laws as excuses for violations of freedoms.

The part that truly amazes people is you would defend anyone who can afford your services - including those who are accused of breaking the laws you defend when needed ! ?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Once again in your haste to deflect - you assume what incident or incidents were referred to. You then throw in another unrelated scenario to further dilute the conversation. Please try to relate to the discussion instead of always showing readers why people distrust word twisting lawyers who use laws as excuses for violations of freedoms.

The part that truly amazes people is you would defend anyone who can afford your services - including those who are accused of breaking the laws you defend when needed ! ?
    Guilty or not each person receives a trial in the USA. The way it works.

The part that truly amazes people is you would defend anyone who can afford your services
    As someone who has seen the inside of the courtroom a few times, did you hire a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Uh... it is not entrapment if the seller attempts to commit a crime without any urging from the police.Please point out in the US Constitution where I must ask the govt first before I can sell property.

And you left out a few facts. like the perp being told the potential buyer as a felon, and they perp stting he didn't agree with that no selling guns to felons law.
    If said person served time for his crime then what crime did he commit? Isn't that double jeapordy?
    Is that your example of an outstanding American? Like a guy running leading the police on a chase, probably because he knew he had an illegally loaded weapon in the car.
    Outstanding American is someone who thinks for themselves, and doesn't run off to the govt to ask for permission.
    Ya gotta pick some better martyrs.
    Btw you broke a whole host of laws today, you should be in jail!
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Wow...you have such lack of the basic understanding our system. People accused of breaking laws are not guilty. Ever hear of Anthony Capozzi or George Zimmerman?

More importantly, a defense lawyer's job is to make sure that the client is not convicted of any crime the state fails to prove, an act that protects everyone in the community from over zealous law enforcement.

If said person served time for his crime then what crime did he commit? Isn't that double jeapordy?
    No, it is not. And second, breaking a law you disagree with is still breaking the law.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information