Thread: Stereo Advantage?

Stereo Advantage?

I was shocked to find out that Stereo Advantage in Williamsville actually sells remanufactured goods and labels them factory fresh or factory sealed. They hope you think they are straight from the factory off the assembly line but are actually remanufactured goods.
    Found this out from an ex-employee that worked there.

In addition, brands such as Zenith, Toshiba and Samsung are from the socalled "gray market" since Stereo Advantage isn't an authorized distributor.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did you ever wonder why they are x-employees now? They may just be spreading rumors now. You never know though

TimeOut Chair
    i thought the same thing but didn't want to seem like a pain in the ass so i posted the link to their website instead.

I have many friends that worked there, two were managers, and they all said that this is a mistruth. They DO resell things, but they are marked as REMANUFACTURED or OPEN BOX. These guys all worked their ways through college there - and then quit on good terms, etc. - but have no reason to lie...
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

It is a law that remanufactured goods are identified as such. Many stores sell such items, nothing wrong or illegal with it. "Gray market" goods usually do not have manufacturer's warranties, I have been shopping at Stereo Advantage for years and would be very surprised to find any such products in their store.
    The path is clear
    Though no eyes can see
    The course laid down long before.
    And so with gods and men
    The sheep remain inside their pen,
    Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Originally posted by woodstock
    i thought the same thing but didn't want to seem like a pain in the ass so i posted the link to their website instead.
    That was a good opinion seeing you know how people will spread rumors if they think they were let go for no reason.

THink about how many x-employees would say good things about a place if they were fired. Most wouldn't.

Here is a slick one for you guys.
    Those Gm program cars are usually a good buy. They are one year leases that are turned in in top shape for the most part with low mileage and the factory warrenty intact.
    How ever, in those Commercials (like Fuccillos for example) where they talk a mile a minute you will catch the term "GM buy backs". These are cars that GM buys back because the customers complain of malfunctions that the dealer can't find. These cars are also low mileage and in great condition but are the ones to stay away from. They have to tell you if the cars are program or buyback but you have to know to ask and also have to know the difference.
    Just one more example of "Caveat emptor".
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by DelawareDistrict
    It is a law that remanufactured goods are identified as such. Many stores sell such items, nothing wrong or illegal with it. "Gray market" goods usually do not have manufacturer's warranties, I have been shopping at Stereo Advantage for years and would be very surprised to find any such products in their store.

I also purchased many things there over the years. I stopped going there exclusivly when they changed the warranty program. It used to be free life time parts and service. Then it was a dollar for lifetime parts and free service. Now they charge the same as everyone else for warranty coverage.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Never liked the joint

Never liked the joint....
    Hate being harassed by sales people..
    Always seemed more expensive to me.

I mean, Ive never had to take a piece of electronic gear back any how... Plus, charge it and get 2x mfg warranty (if yer card has that option)
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Eh. I went there once to purchase a specific component for my car, which I was even going to let them install. They told me it couldn't be done. They called (or pretended to call) the manufacturer's rep to verify it couldn't be done.

I went home, spent a few minutes on the net, verified it COULD be done, ordered the component online for half the price they charged for it and installed it myself. That was the last time I went there.

Thread Information