Tony Fracasso - Admin

Art voice and the bloggers and the best of buffalo

Well...

Well Buffalo Geek seems to have his undies in a bunch:

Buffalo geek about the best of buffalo bloggers

Art Voice's best of buffalo

And lastly...

For the record, I define a blog as follows:

1. Hosted on some sort of weblog content management system like Wordpress, Typepad, Blogspot, etc. (Disqualifies Facebookers, MySpacers, SpeakUpWNY and Twitterers)
    2. Features a blogroll linking to other blogs (Disqualifies The Buffalo News and Buffalo Rising)
    3. Regularly acknowledges the existence of other new media sites (Disqualifies Buffalo Rising again)
    So our community blog is compared to Facebook, MySpace and Twitters.

Not bad company to be referred to.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Smith
    Guys, this was all meant to be in fun. I’m not seriously saying that Artvoice deliberately altered the vote count. Jeez.

I used the fact that people picked three candidates for the award who are not traditional bloggers as a vehicle to write about other blogs that I like and felt were passed over. Just trying to introduce people to new sites.

Sometimes irony and sarcasm are wasted…
    I find it humorous that Chistopher Smith says, "this was all meant to be in fun," but if you read between the lines, you can tell that his ego was truly bruised.

Artvoice...credibility challenged

After years of trying to identify any redeeming value where Artvoice is concerned, I have concluded that its' best use is lining for birdcages or dog crates.

The "best of" is a joke. The publication is a diary of "who they like," nothing more. I find it little more than basically informative--ok, I've used their movie listings.

I DO find the "Wierdest Resident" category offensive. I am not sure how the Lady in White would feel about it, but if there's a CHANCE it might be hurtful, it's wrong.

Furthermore, some of the "weirdest" residents, I suspect, are those who sit in the Artvoice offices writing this schlock.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun View Post
    After years of trying to identify any redeeming value where Artvoice is concerned, I have concluded that its' best use is lining for birdcages or dog crates.

The "best of" is a joke. The publication is a diary of "who they like," nothing more. I find it little more than basically informative--ok, I've used their movie listings.

I DO find the "Wierdest Resident" category offensive. I am not sure how the Lady in White would feel about it, but if there's a CHANCE it might be hurtful, it's wrong.

Furthermore, some of the "weirdest" residents, I suspect, are those who sit in the Artvoice offices writing this schlock.

TRUE!!!

I read "the best of categories" and other than the resturants and other store categories-
    There are not enough talented/famous people to choose from in this city to fill in a FAIR "best of."

Of all 'Artvoice's' issues, 'The Best Of Buffalo' REALLY shows how much this city has shrank;Our brain and talent drain the most obvious as 'Artvoice Best Of' sadly prints.

Honest. It was very depressing reading most of those categories, it was like the staff said, "well, we only have six people to put into this top five list so hmmmmm...Who DO we choose..."
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun View Post

( Shakes head and chuckles to self) My personal opinon of Jaime Moses has been noted on many occasion, even to his face. While I'm laughing in agreement about the "birdcages and dog crates", remember that the "Best of" is totally voted on by the readers. People have been banned from the poll for stuffing the ballot box. They have now installed an email checker, too so that only one ballot is allowed per email address. Yes, this is nothing but a popularity contest, but it has enhanced quite a few business profit margin.
    I do think that they should drop the "weirdest resident" catagory. It is offensive IMO.
    I have been to the Best of party a few times in the past. The food is great (and free), provided by the nominees in the Food catagories. I wouldn't be disappointed if my friend Jenn won the award for Buffalo's best female bartender again this year. It would be a hat trick if she does.

BTW: Did anyone on our forum vote for SUWNY in the "Best Blog" catagory?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No they didn't. OR at least as the best local community forum. WIVB's tanked... so did WGRZ's along with a few others who tried to start one up.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingKoi View Post
    BTW: Did anyone on our forum vote for SUWNY in the "Best Blog" catagory?
    Seeing I don't read that "rag," or have hamsters, I didn't even know the poll existed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is wrong with hamsters.. They are gods little furry animals.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    No they didn't. OR at least as the best local community forum. WIVB's tanked... so did WGRZ's along with a few others who tried to start one up.
    I voted for SUWNY under blooger, but it probably didn't make the cut as it was for individuals. I also voted for Buffalo Reuse. It will be great if they win.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What is wrong with hamsters.. They are gods little furry animals.
    The only other "pets" my dog allows me to have, is fish.

Perhaps, if we ever get a puppy, I'll pick up an Art Voice, or two, for paper training.

This is a forum, not a blog.

Unregistered
    Unfortunately some here treat this site as a Blog.......

How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    How so?
    That one guy with his SSD law suit!!!

JO if you get the chance can you take a look over the Petition idea under the Mesi topic to edit it?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information