Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who the hell is "the insider"?

Who the hell is "the insider"?

And why did he/she bother to write this article:
    Sam Hoyt Survives Despite Powerful Detractors
    No offense, but it's really stupid and so not timely. And, sorry, but not written well, either...

link?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I don't know why you are complaining. The article doesn't bash Hoyt; yes, it rehashes his sordid behavior, but Hoyt made this bed for himself.

My read is that "The Insider" actually seems to be praising Hoyt for spinning a "sympathetic" stance that has worked for him with his supporters/voters. The article alludes to the long-term benefit this spin may have against "attacks" from Golisano's posse as election time approaches. The insider insinuates that money - the root of all evil - and OMG money that may have been touched by Steve Pigeon - will be available for the candidate who runs against Hoyt.

Here we have Sam Hoyt, a legacy politician who has not been a trail blazer and has been exposed as a screwed up onboard a sinking ship. If anyone thinks they can do a better job than he, go for it. If he/she needs money to do this, I hear Responsible New York will help. What I find ironic is that Hoyt will cry over big money out to get him and that Steve Pigeon is the anti-christ behind it all, and Sam, ... he just loves Buffalo and never meant any harm.

How many years has he been in the Assembly?
    Last edited by buffy; April 22nd, 2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post

How many years has he been in the Assembly?

14 or 16 years.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    14 or 16 years.
    I imagine it would be hard to make a go of it in the private-sector after 14-16 years of coddled Albany luxury.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    I imagine it would be hard to make a go of it in the private-sector after 14-16 years of coddled Albany luxury.

This will make for an interesting new thread.

Unregistered
    reads like water cooler politics to me.

Word is that Sam Hoyt will need all of the allies he can gather .........

Coddled Albany luxury? Have you been to Albany recently? Right across the street from the front steps of the Capitol Building are a row of boarded up, abandoned buildings. The downtown hub of Albany is in more need of help than Buffalo is or ever was.
    “Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller View Post
    Coddled Albany luxury? Have you been to Albany recently? Right across the street from the front steps of the Capitol Building are a row of boarded up, abandoned buildings. The downtown hub of Albany is in more need of help than Buffalo is or ever was.
    I meant the lifestyle of the poliltician, not the physical neighborhood that surrounds the building that has the half-million dollar bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun View Post
    Who the hell is "the insider"? ...
    S/he's sooper sekrit.
    I think it's a gimmick to get more members
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Same article could have been written six months ago, by anyone who watches the TV news on a semi-regular basis.

You wouldn't need to be much of an "Insider" to make any of these observations.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Same article could have been written six months ago, by anyone who watches the TV news on a semi-regular basis.

You wouldn't need to be much of an "Insider" to make any of these observations.
    I was thinking the same thing
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    I was thinking the same thing
    Well, that was my point, basically. So, who is the insider?

Well, that was my point, basically. So, who is the insider?
    There you go, having a point again... it's really not necessary here!
    “Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information