Thread: Philips LED 11w-60w Light Bulb

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Philips LED 11w-60w Light Bulb

I finally splurged on a new light bulb for one of the light fixtures on my desk...

I have an old desk lamp that was just too hot with a 75w incandescent bulb in it so I figured I would try a new LED bulb

Philips LED 11w-60w Light Bulb

Philips LED 60 watt

I needed something that wasn't "top" heavy because the lamp falls over too easily. I tried one of those cork screw florescent bulbs but they are heavy for their size and the light would tip over. The florescent bulb also got hot and I didn't want to ruin the fiber glass shade.

This LED is lighter in weight and runs much cooler than an ordinary bulb or the fluorescent. Heat is just wasted electricity.

Philips LED 60 watt

The bulb casts an even light...

Philips LED 60 watt

Provides light similar to natural daylight This A19 LED light bulb produces light similar to natural daylight, displaying the true colors within your home and will not fade fabrics or furnishings.

Philips LED 60 watt

I think I'll try to find one of these locally.

22W (100W), Medium base (E26), Soft White

The 60w is fine but I like to take photos on the desk so the 100w would be better.

I have been itching to get the Philips Hue set for my office. https://www.meethue.com/en-US

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That is cool. Skimmed the site but can not find the wattage of the bulbs. 60W is livable but still seems dim to me. Definitely runs cooler than the florescent corkscrew bulbs.

Florescent corkscrew bulbs are dangerous, I will never use one again. I had one internally start on fire in my son's room last week.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

The more energy u save, the more we all pay for less
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That is cool. Skimmed the site but can not find the wattage of the bulbs. 60W is livable but still seems dim to me. Definitely runs cooler than the florescent corkscrew bulbs.
    The last time I looked they were 60w equivalent which would be fine for my office. I agree that in other areas of the house I would rather have something closer to 100W equivalent.

I just love the options available with these though. Home automation the next big project on my list.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There is only so much automation one needs other than the "this is cool" factor. I really don't see a need to have to grab my smart device to turn a light on inside the house. Flipping a switch is still rather easy. I could see for a large complex it could come in handy though.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is LED Lighting Really Worth It?

I bought a wink router and two GE quirky led's at home depot for $50 total. It is nice to be able to set the lights to turn on and off for security, especially when I'm away from home.

I also installed nest fire/smoke alarms, and tied my door alarms and garage door opener into the Wink so I'll get a notice of any alarms on my phone. The lights can also be triggered to go on if any of the doors are opened which might give an intruder pause about proceeding. And my security cams are viewable on my phone so that I can get a visual confirmation before calling the police. The cams record to the cloud so stealing the system itself won't destroy the evidence.

I found out that the police department does not prioritize security alarms unless they get a call directly from the owner. I was told that if one of my alarms goes off and I call them directly (rather than 911) they will respond much more quickly than they would to a report of an alarm from an alarm company (apparently because of the overwhelming number of false alarms).

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm showing someone how Amazon works.

These seem to be some rather good LED bulbs.

https://amzn.to/2OPjupW

Thread Information