Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Judge Says Tapes of Cheektowaga Teachers Can Be Heard

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Very very poor judgement on the teachers part. If I was Superintendent I would request they would be dismissed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    when do the criminal charges get filed?
    Is it against the law to snitch on someone?

Why on earth would teachers tell the young man in jail this stuff?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Police to Release Tapes of Conversations Between Teachers & Murder Suspect

CHEEKTOWAGA, NY-- Cheektowaga Police are expected to release audio recordings between several teachers and a student accused of murder.

The police chief has described the calls as mind-blowing.

In May 2011, Dontre Jones, a former student at Cheektowaga High School shot and killed Ira Watkins in Cheektowaga Town Park.

Jones was arrested shortly after the shooting, and while he was in the Erie County Holding Center awaiting trial, police say he had conversations with several teachers during class time and was allowed to talk to students in class.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/231...Murder-Suspect

Giving the accused the name of a witness is not a crime unless the identity was learned as a juror or prosecutor before the grand jury.

One of the teachers worked part-time at the holding center, but it appears that the teachers didn't know their conversations were recorded.

I think they should be fired.

Kids in in the Cheektowaga schools can't feel safe telling authorities what they might know about a crime they witness now that they know there are at least three teachers who will consider them snitches and disclose their names to a murderer.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Audio: Recorded conversation between teachers & then-suspect in shooting

Below is one edited clip from a recorded phone call of Cheektowaga Central teachers speaking with Dontre Jones. Jones was in the Erie County Holding Center awaiting trial in the fatal shooting of a teenager in Cheektowaga Town Park.

During the conversation a teacher speculates on who might testify, names the student and calls that student a "snitch."

"I hear [Witness 1] snitched on you," can be heard near the 4:20 mark of the clip.
    http://blogs.buffalonews.com/live/20...-shooting.html

The Buffalo News has some of the clips up.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/live/20...-shooting.html

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    On WIVB

http://www.wivb.com/news/local/cheek...elephone-tapes

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) - Cheektowaga Police are giving reporters a hard copy of the audio tapes and a transcript of phone calls, revealing what a then murder suspect and three teachers talked about. Police say this is something parents need to hear.
    Back in August, Chiec David Zack told parents in the Cheektowaga Central School District he wanted them to hear what three teachers told Dontre Jones when he called them from the Erie County Holding Center. At the time Jones, who is a former student, was on trial for the murder of Ira Watkins. He has since been convicted of first-degree manslaughter.

From stopbullying.gov:

Get familiar with what bullying is and what it is not. If you recognize any of the descriptions, you should stay calm, stay respectful, and tell an adult as soon as possible.
    Just make sure that adult isn't a Cheektowaga teacher, as they'll probably call the bully and tell him you snitched

The female teacher sounds like a teen girl. Really pathetic.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Because I have to. I wonder what local political party these teacher belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Because I have to. I wonder what local political party these teacher belong to.
    Gee, I was wondering what religion they followed, so I could use it to plaster all the followers of that religion.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Gee, I was wondering what religion they followed, so I could use it to plaster all the followers of that religion.
    The guy said he was converting to Islam.....

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That will leave a mark...

God must love stupid people; He made so many

They should all be fired! The residents of the district should flood the board room next week at the board meeting and let the board know how they feel. All board members should have their mailboxes overflow with letters from residents asking for the termination of all 3.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But there is still due process of the law. Just get the ball rolling as fast as possible to get the situation wrapped up.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...storyid=231376

"If people knew the teachers, they would know they'd never support violent action or affiliation with gangs," Kuemmel said. "They're good people."
    "Good people" is all one's opinion I guess. What was the point of the teachers using different students cell phones?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information