Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Judge Says Tapes of Cheektowaga Teachers Can Be Heard

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I wonder what they are waiting for. If the Police Station has the digital recordings I can have them up on youtube.com in 10 minutes.
    I would assume that they want to ensure they are not going to get sued for releasing the recordings. As we all know, even if you're in the right, having to deal with lawsuits can be costly.

I wonder if the Teachers Union is paying the bills on this. They were in school after all.

Kinda related, the NFL Players Association filed against the NE Pats for payment of $6.21 million worth of guarantees that Aaron Hernandez is due. The NFLPA basically said they know the guy is up for murder charges and it does not look good but for the sake of the contract and their power...they are forced to file on behalf of Hernandez. I wonder if the teachers union is going to be forced to do the same.

While these teachers are not up on criminal charges, if they were to have done something to the extent that WOOF suggested in outing the students who reported the crime, that would be a serious PR issue. It's going to be very messy for sure.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    I wonder if the Teachers Union is paying the bills on this. They were in school after all.
    Us property owners are not going to pay for this. The teachers involved and the "Government Inc business" IE: Union Organization will. They operate their business in our town. Think about it. If a private school did something and was going to be sued would the property owners of the town where they operated pay or the private school?

We have this going on and "Sodom and Gomorrah" going on in our sewer department while the "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" leadership runs our town. And I must add as I always do. Card carrying members of the www.ecdems.com party.

Us property owners are not going to pay for this. The teachers involved and the "Government Inc business" IE: Union Organization will. They operate their business in our town. Think about it. If a private school did something and was going to be sued would the property owners of the town where they operated pay or the private school?

You might not have a choice. If [speculation here] the police department releases the recordings and the teachers union files suit, the town would be forced to pay for the defense of the police department. If anything close to the speculation here is true...IMHO that would be money well spent.

The teachers union might be forced to defend the teachers and that is going to work against them for years to come.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm not a lawyer and try not to play one on speakup but..... I don't think the police department is at fault on anything.

Assuming that a teacher did identify the fellow student (who told police he/she saw Jones, the jailed student fire the weapon that killed Ira Watkins) - does anyone know if that student did in fact face retaliation and got hurt? I don't remember reading that a witness to the May, 2011 shooting was targeted, but, it may not have been reported as such, at least not to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    In any event, it seems the jailed student holds some clout at Cheektowaga Central. Shouldn't teachers encourage police cooperation as opposed to caving to a JV's rants, raves and threats!
    I've been thinking about this. Why would a teacher or three be involved with this JV gunman? Dondre Jones must have had something on them. ya know what I think, I think maybe he was their drug dealer, hmm, ...why else? Now, they've lawyered up and want their identities and conversations protected. Cheektowaga needs to go after this and flush out the bad teachers at Cheektowaga Central High School ...do it for the kids.
    Last edited by buffy; October 17th, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Don't add anything to it unless you have facts.

Don't add anything to it unless you have facts.
    but we are just guessing, not stating known facts.

Until the tapes are released and facts are revealed, we're left to speculate. That's all we've got - that, and a frustrated, disgusted police chief with a blown mind.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I see we are still waiting for the "prompt" release of the audio tapes. Must be like that "temporary" sales tax we are waiting to expire. Off topic but which political party pushed the the temporary sales tax? Was it the http://www.ecdems.com , the http://www.ecgop.com/ or the IP party of Erie County?

Supposedly going to be released today at 12:30 to news reporters on a list of news reporters kept by the Cheektowaga police. But anyone can file a FOIL if they want a copy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If any one does get the audio on CD/Flash drive we can put it up on youtube.

excerpts from the buffalo news blog on the release of the tapes:

Transcripts include teacher speculating on who might testify, names student and calls that student a "snitch."

Chief Zack: Call confirms 3rd teacher, part-time deputy at Holding Center, is checking in on Dontre Jones in jail. Gave Jones extra lunch.

Chief Zack: Next call "really put this teacher on the radar for us when she ... said she was going to work to deceive the police."

A few more excerpts from Gee's Buffalo news blog:

Chief Zack: Next call, teacher speculates that she hears another student is testifying against Dontre Jones. Tells Jones the name.

Chief Zack: Teacher endangered student's life as she told name to Dontre Jones and speculated the student might testify against Jones.
    Teacher one: "I hear [witness 1] snitched on you." Dontre Jones: "Word?" Teacher 1: "That's what the kids said here."

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    A few more excerpts from Gee's Buffalo news blog:

when do the criminal charges get filed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information