Thread: had a tough day yesterday

had a tough day yesterday

Its getting harder too remember men i swore I would never forget. Yesterday I actually forgot a buddies first name. I saw him die in Nam and now I had to think really hard just to remember his his full name.
    I never thought this could ever happen, Three close friends died over there and one man I was with at the time. I knew him for only a few weeks but I was close enough to write his parents a letter . the hardest letter I ever wrote. and now his memory is fading.
    Our life is so easy and we forget how many suffered to give us this life style when even a veteran like myself starts to forget I worry. I try real hard not to just remember them on Veterans day and Memorial day. but in truth it hurts to much to do it many more times.
    I will not let them fade ,My war is long past some never supported it and still hate it but please remember the men and women who fought at least twice a year
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Re: had a tough day yesterday

Originally posted by granpabob
    Its getting harder too remember men i swore I would never forget. Yesterday I actually forgot a buddies first name. I saw him die in Nam and now I had to think really hard just to remember his his full name.
    I never thought this could ever happen, Three close friends died over there and one man I was with at the time. I knew him for only a few weeks but I was close enough to write his parents a letter . the hardest letter I ever wrote. and now his memory is fading.
    Our life is so easy and we forget how many suffered to give us this life style when even a veteran like myself starts to forget I worry. I try real hard not to just remember them on Veterans day and Memorial day. but in truth it hurts to much to do it many more times.
    I will not let them fade ,My war is long past some never supported it and still hate it but please remember the men and women who fought at least twice a year

Hey, you having the blues huh ? Yeah, holidays really suck don't they. I lost friends over there too a total of about 42 men throughout my tour 69-70. Some I remember their names but not their faces and other's their faces but not there names. And then those who I only remember as there combat nick names which really suck.

This is something we have to live with the best way we know how. Often, I live this part of my life alone. I speak little about this part of my life because it belongs to me. However, those blues suck, those days that bring you down without knowing why its happening until you remember oh yeah, its an anniversary date gee I almost forgot about that day. These are the days that kill me dude. Those days pop up unannounced, without warning just pops up and says here you forgot this....the rest of my day is shot for almost a week thereafter.

Yep, it sucks however, you may want to head to Washington once each year from here on out and do your thing dude. It helps doesn't change much but it helps some.

USMC 69-70
    Lima 3/1 1st Mar Div
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information