Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Radio

y2000

Local Radio

So which radio staion do you hate or like and why.

Usually I listen to 103.3 but recently I started listening to 92.9. There is almost no talk and lots of music. Once Stern is gone I think it will be better.

Granpa"s IPOD or 1520 -1440

if I actually turn on the radio its the two Am oldies stations. 1440 even has less talk then Fm does. 1520 is ok after danny gets off the air but usually its Granpas IPOD if that counts as a local station
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

y2000
    I think the Ipod should count. It would show local radio where their listeners are going.

Local Radio

Local radio is disgusting with it's screaming talk shows. I have XM radio and it sure solved the problem for me. I can listen to any venue I want; left, right, old-time radio, any music format, and sports. All without Fucillo's commercials. It's great!
    dono

103.3 plays the same crap every hour. If i hear another system of a down song, im going to be sick...although, yesterday afternoon, they played some sepultura, which was cool...

92.9 was great as an all-guy all-talk format. I liked tom leykis and mike savage. I couldnt stand don and mike - too much "inside joke" crap. Howard used to be really funny, but his schtick has grown old...

96.9 is just horrible.

I listen to 96.9 and 92.9, I tend to flip flop back and forth.

I'm a 102.1 EDGE out of Toronto guy. Bigger playlist than 103.3 without letting too much crap in, like the new 92.2 JACK FM. After listening to the JACK "we play anything" format I finally realized why stations have playlists, there's a lot of bad music out there and 92.2 is playing it.

I agree with the dude above, I kind of liked the all talk guy format of the old 92.2, Tom Leykis was cool, Don & Mike were hit and miss (more miss, too arrogant) and Howard used to be A LOT better, now he's pretty much just a whiny little bitch. Hopefully his switch to satellite will stop his "whoa is me" routine.

grandpa's IPOD has over 5000 songs so far and I can play whatever genre or artist i want to suit my present mood. no DJ's talking no commercials .if i want the weather i can look out the window and be as good as the local stations. as far as news if you listened to local news in the 80's you know just what is going on today.
    I plug it into my car radio so i can still hear what goes on around me and can plug it into many more systems besides just being mobile. who needs radio
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

107.7 usually. 88,7 on saturady and sunday afternoons for Jim Santella's blues. Saturday and Sunday night at ten for the blues.
    Ipod some times NPR 970 in the car during the week.
    I hate 930. especially Beach Baurle and Limbaugh.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

107.7 and 97.7

Originally posted by therising
    107.7 and 97.7
    97.7 is pretty good...107.1 was good too at one point...

anyone remember AM 1400 "The X"? That was the BEST station ever in the history of buffalo radio.

I am a channel flipper, I hate commercials, I hate morning radio. I hate talk radio, and will listen to a jazz channel if it has music playing. I can listen to just about any music on any channel... if I like it.

96.9, 107.7, 102.5, 930, 550 (Jim Rome). Listen to them all. Usually check and see what Baurle and Beach are raving or complaining about then determine if I'll stay tuned. I usually disagree with whatever their views are, but I listen to their sides. More likely to turn Sandy off, as he can sound like the nagging girlfriend on the rag. Blah, Blah , Blah

Anyone remember WYSL fm? Back in about 1968 I was in High school. They were the first to play what they called album rock, or underground. Jim Santella who does the Blues on 88.7 was one of the dj's.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Rebel Radio!

Originally posted by ERIEMAN
    97.7 is pretty good...107.1 was good too at one point...

anyone remember AM 1400 "The X"? That was the BEST station ever in the history of buffalo radio.
    I heard it on the X!!! Rebel radio.

I remember that station...
    Played softball on a league sponsered by them.

ahhh, am radio playing sweating bullets by megadeth..

I am a station flipper. Just give me music.

When I hear larry norton, Its like fingernails on the blackboard.

I call him "Snortin'" Just because I hear it pisses him off!
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information