Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two working crew chiefs are retiring. Why fill the positions?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Our the position posted in the Buffalo news Help wanted section?

The 2 jobs in question are not over the limit. Res in my opinion would like to break the union as he see fits. They will be filled because the the town needs them. 21 is the no. res and if you need confirmation please ask me I will be more than happy to disclose my identity, because i have no shame for what I stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by jhammer View Post
    The 2 jobs in question are not over the limit. Res in my opinion would like to break the union as he see fits. They will be filled because the the town needs them. 21 is the no. res and if you need confirmation please ask me I will be more than happy to disclose my identity, because i have no shame for what I stand for.
    they are over by two they should be at 19 as it stands right now its 21. it's not the point that they need them im sure they do it's how they hire them! the town has a great track record for hiring people that are politicial hacks. does this name ring a bell FRANK MAX so don't even get my cheeks going pal because you have no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Res in my opinion would like to break the union as he see fits.
    Just the part of what it cost us. You decide where you shop don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Our the position posted in the Buffalo news Help wanted section?
    ya right.... achtung, achtung.. little hitler hire more family and friends.
    Last edited by cheekman; April 9th, 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Suprise Suprise! Suprise! The Ethics Code is as lame as can be. The only restriction on "friends and family" is in reference to loans. In other words don't bother applying for a job Mr. And Mrs. America in the Town of Cheektowaga!
    ethics code............. what a joke.
    Last edited by cheekman; April 9th, 2009 at 06:51 PM.

What this town needs is a politicial action group, Ethics Codes! I don't think this town has an engineer the way it looks. About two weeks ago I went over to the dog pound first time I ever visted it. First you need a tank just get to it the roads are all pot holes. The towns junk yard sits in front of the dog pound, old trucks, car parts all over, broken down police cars, and an old garabage truck full of trash that looks like it has not been moved in ten years. Then you wonder why this town looks so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    they are over by two they should be at 19 as it stands right now its 21. it's not the point that they need them im sure they do it's how they hire them! the town has a great track record for hiring people that are politicial hacks. does this name ring a bell FRANK MAX so don't even get my cheeks going pal because you have no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 is the number of employees in the group bottom line. it can be reduced to the minimum number of 19 if they see fit. The jobs cannot be eliminated,only vacated.

hammer, do you know if they are going to be filled by politicial plants or someone from the work force with two years on the job and just would get the opening?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    hammer, do you know if they are going to be filled by politicial plants or someone from the work force with two years on the job and just would get the opening?
    It appears that there is contract language that deals with the number of positions. I would also guess that if they are positions represented by the union, that there is language also that deals with filling a vacancy. If it isn't represented by the union, then it is anyone's guess.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    It appears that there is contract language that deals with the number of positions. I would also guess that if they are positions represented by the union, that there is language also that deals with filling a vacancy. If it isn't represented by the union, then it is anyone's guess.
    Thanks smiley for the information am just curious to see if the town fills them with politicial figures or working friends. Lots of contacts working for the town post it up as soon as something happens.

Smiley you never no with the 7 members of the town board, but I ll try to give reasons that it will be with senior members of the town. The one in central garage needs a NYS Inspections license and A CDL license to drive the various pieces of equipment that come in the the shop, by that alone eliminates a bunch of people that might just walk in to the job.(political hacks). The other job, 3 men have been recommended to the town board, only time will tell on that one. Hope I answered your concerns, the second one a possible crap shoot

Yes there is contract language to support the 2 numbers that have been talked about in various responses in this topic

Quote Originally Posted by jhammer View Post
    Smiley you never no with the 7 members of the town board, but I ll try to give reasons that it will be with senior members of the town. The one in central garage needs a NYS Inspections license and A CDL license to drive the various pieces of equipment that come in the the shop, by that alone eliminates a bunch of people that might just walk in to the job.(political hacks). The other job, 3 men have been recommended to the town board, only time will tell on that one. Hope I answered your concerns, the second one a possible crap shoot
    That would make some sense for one of the jobs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information