Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full market assessments coming?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In their minds they are not fibbing I still can't believe 3 people running for town board put "free" garbage totes on a mailer.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    In their minds they are not fibbing I still can't believe 3 people running for town board put "free" garbage totes on a mailer.
    BECUZ...LIKE OTHER LOCAL POLITICIANS...they know how GULLIBLE the voters and public can be!!

We should ask the NYS Attorney General for an investigation, because if we got the totes for free, then someone stole that 1.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    We should ask the NYS Attorney General for an investigation, because if we got the totes for free, then someone stole that 1.5 million.
    To paraphrase former President Clinton it depends on what your definition of "free" is.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    LOL, too funny! But, the ploy will work on many town residents that think government is truthful.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I still want the other board members to question at the next meeting why are the three telling people we received "free" garbage totes.

I still want the other board members to question at the next meeting why are the three telling people we received "free" garbage totes.
    Angela could propose a resolution censoring Huey, Dewey, and Louie for claiming taxpayers received free totes. Sure, it would not get passed but it would make the news and make the point.

Or, YOU could go to the next town board meeting and ask "I just recently learned that the garbage totes we all received last fall were free, so what happened to the 1.54 million supposedly spent on them?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Don't you think the other sitting board members wouldn't find it odd a few on the board are fibbing to the very same tax payers they are supposed to represent?

If I was supervisor I would bring it at the very next meeting. Better yet if I was in a primary against them I would be front and center at the next meeting asking about that.

Or, YOU could go to the next town board meeting and ask "I just recently learned that the garbage totes we all received last fall were free, so what happened to the 1.54 million supposedly spent on them?"

Fast forward to 2017 and FULL market reassessments continue to bring sticker shock to property owners throughout the town with increases of 15-30% in assessed value that will lead to similar increases in their tax bill as soon as this fall or when your mortgage resets next year for those who's taxes are included in their mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Eye View Post
    Fast forward to 2017 and FULL market reassessments continue to bring sticker shock to property owners throughout the town with increases of 15-30% in assessed value that will lead to similar increases in their tax bill as soon as this fall or when your mortgage resets next year for those who's taxes are included in their mortgage.
    If people would only stop paying so much for houses on the market, .......none of this would happen.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    People are buying homes based on the payment not the amount the house is selling for.

People are buying homes based on the payment not the amount the house is selling for.
    I disagree,, homes aren't cars with auto loans.. people most definitely look at what the total price of the house is. The payment varies by loan terms, down payment, credit history.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    If people would only stop paying so much for houses on the market, .......none of this would happen.
    Supply and Demand.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I disagree,, homes aren't cars with auto loans.. people most definitely look at what the total price of the house is. The payment varies by loan terms, down payment, credit history.
    We will disagree on this. What your saying is true but I think people look at the payment not the end "payout"

Look how much much interest you pay over a 30 year mortgage. In the scheme of things that is really what you paid for that home. Not the "base" price the home sold for.

We will disagree on this. What your saying is true but I think people look at the payment not the end "payout"

Look how much much interest you pay over a 30 year mortgage. In the scheme of things that is really what you paid for that home. Not the "base" price the home sold for.

People aren't that smart. Cars sales marketing are driven by your monthly payment so people take auto loans for 72 months and longer, so they tend to look less on purchase price. i think homes are different. They are advertised if you will based on selling price. I think it depends on the individual buyer,,, personally I look at total price and figure out financing later..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information