Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: if i had a boss yelling at me day and night

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
    I would love to know how you have this information and why you don't come right out and say what's on your mind instead of all these little teasers that mean nothing. I know for a fact that the TA did NOT leave because of Wally. They had a good working relationship. So why don't you come out and speak clearly instead of beating around the bush.
    being yelled at day and night isn't a good working relationship. having a boss treat you like crap isn't a good working relationship. look at the timing of the resignations.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    If I had a boss yelling at me day and night...I would ask myself what they hell am I doing wrong. That would be first on my list.

But hey...different strokes for different folks.
    doing your job, doing everything right. being yelled at constantly. you would probably quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree_hugger29 View Post
    being yelled at day and night isn't a good working relationship. having a boss treat you like crap isn't a good working relationship. look at the timing of the resignations.
    But who says the resignations are the result of someone yelling. Lets get real here - it hasn't been confirmed that there is any yelling going on. That's your take on it - no one elses. I find it hard to believe that neither Hunter or Notaro would leave a good job because someone yelled at them. Grow up!

Unregistered
    But who says the resignations are the result of someone yelling. Lets get real here - it hasn't been confirmed that there is any yelling going on. That's your take on it - no one elses. I find it hard to believe that neither Hunter or Notaro would leave a good job because someone yelled at them. Grow up!
    constant yelling is the true take. being treated like ****. being yelled at all of the time. others know it. others agree on it. the job wasn't so good with a boss bearing down your neck.

doing your job, doing everything right. being yelled at constantly. you would probably quit.
    What's your definition of right????

Your right or your employers right???

I do things wrong all the time at work! At least I believe their wrong.... But you know something, my opinion don't mean anything!!!!

Try living like this at work, "If you do what you're told, you will never do anything wrong"!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    What's your definition of right????

Your right or your employers right???

I do things wrong all the time at work! At least I believe their wrong.... But you know something, my opinion don't mean anything!!!!

Try living like this at work, "If you do what you're told, you will never do anything wrong"!!!!
    i mean the boss yells. abusive towards employees.

i mean the boss yells. abusive towards employees.
    Do you have any proof of the abuse, because the employees are union members and if it is occuring (which I don't believe) then they can go to the union and complain. Has anyone done that?

Do you have any proof of the abuse, because the employees are union members and if it is occuring (which I don't believe) then they can go to the union and complain. Has anyone done that?
    Sounds like a job for Joan Bender to me!!!

You are obviously young and the plays into your perception. You are of the "My kid is special" generation.

If you feel you are doing your job and doing it right AND you feel your superior is not treating you in a professional manor...here is how an adult would deal with the situation.

Send an email to your boss about the situation. Inform your boss that you want to meet and exceed all of the job requirements and ask for a performance review.

Now, depending on your company, performances could be scheduled on an annual basis. If your review is not in the next 30 days, ask for your review to be moved up or ask for an intermittent review.

Be clear that you are asking for a review of your current work going back to your hire date or your last review. Be clear that you would like to not only get an open critique of your performance but also work with your boss on solutions to improve your performance. It is also a good idea to list your goals for the next 90 days and possible items you personally see you could improve upon.

Confirm in this message that you want to open the lines of communication in a structured environment and improve your relationship with your boss. Considering the supposed friction you claim to have. DO NOT MENTION this friction in your email. Do not complain in this email and do not critique your boss in this email. For this communication it is about going forward...not what has happened in the past.

Now, be aware that two things will happen:

1- You will get a review and it will be documented in your file. If this review is not positive, it will effect your annual review if you are not able to correct these items by the time that happens.

2- Your boss will not offer a review and does not offer to assist you in your personal development.

If #1 happens...deal with what comes and move forward.

If #2 happens...send a copy of the communications, both your email and the reply from your boss, to HR. Advise HR that you feel you are not being provided a healthy, safe and stable work environment. Clearly document any actions of your boss "yelling" at you and document, in a paragraph, the back story.

If HR does not address your concerns, go to the state labor board and take meticulous notes of every interaction regarding this going forward. Continue to do your job to the best of your ability.

If you do none of these things....you need to STFU because you are the problem.

If this is a hypothetical situation or someone else....pass the message along.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    If you do none of these things....you need to STFU because you are the problem.
    it isn't a company. you're hired but you work for the tax payers. your boss yells at you day and night. you know it's not you being wrong. your boss still yells at you. quiting is your only way out.

not to worry. i'm not a town employee.
    Good for you?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Not really.. Your in a union for the most part.. you can probably bump someone to a different position if you didn't like where you were working. Couldn't that happen?

I'd also like to add that I find it hilarious that this entire thread is being propelled by broad strokes regarding situations that most certainly cannot be even described as such.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Not really.. Your in a union for the most part.. you can probably bump someone to a different position if you didn't like where you were working. Couldn't that happen?
    And what if we all rode unicorns to work? Your point?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    yes. lots of bad papers bounced from one department to another with an occasional disability act between.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information