Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hillary Clinton's Senate Accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    And, concerning American missile technology and just how much information was transferred to China was never really agreed on. But it sounds like the Republicans were now deep into scraping the barrel for anything they could find.
    Pfeh. What about all the other top secret stuff that leaked out via John Huang? Not that it had anything to do w/campaign funding or anything....
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by colossus27
    Pfeh. What about all the other top secret stuff that leaked out via John Huang? Not that it had anything to do w/campaign funding or anything....
    What about it? Here is the story of John Huang:

The bright side of the Republican's total attempt to destroy Clinton is that EVERYTHING came out. Anything that could be misinterpreted or twisted for future generations, is all documented for anyone to read. Thanks, Republicans. You did us all a favor in more ways than one. You spent more time in trying to destroy someone than in doing something constructive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...yers/huang.htm
    Last edited by speaker; January 28th, 2007 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker
    What about it? Here is the story of John Huang:

The bright side of the Republican's total attempt to destroy Clinton is that EVERYTHING came out. Anything that could be misinterpreted or twisted for future generations, is all documented for anyone to read. Thanks, Republicans. You did us all a favor in more ways than one. You spent more time in trying to destroy someone than in doing something constructive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...yers/huang.htm
    The really ironic part is that if Bill Clinton could run for POTUS again, he'd probably win in a landslide. I remember after the 2000 election that there were a number of people saying things like "Bush will make people wish Clinton was still President" ... Boy, were those folks right!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    The really ironic part is that if Bill Clinton could run for POTUS again, he'd probably win in a landslide. I remember after the 2000 election that there were a number of people saying things like "Bush will make people wish Clinton was still President" ... Boy, were those folks right!
    I never heard anybody say that. I for one would never would like to see any Clinton become President again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna
    I never heard anybody say that. I for one would never would like to see any Clinton become President again.
    I wouldn't either.

And I asked four others and they all said "no".

Even the dog said he wouldn't vote for Clinton.

So much for Linda's "number of people."

Must be a Jamestown thing.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    I wouldn't either.

And I asked four others and they all said "no".

Even the dog said he wouldn't vote for Clinton.

So much for Linda's "number of people."

Must be a Jamestown thing.
    I would.

In a heartbeat.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by biker
    I wouldn't either.
    She won't get my vote either

Wow, 99 posts to answer the simple question, "What are Hillary Clinton's Senate Accomplishments?"

Answer: There are none!
    The path is clear
    Though no eyes can see
    The course laid down long before.
    And so with gods and men
    The sheep remain inside their pen,
    Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by DelawareDistrict
    Wow, 99 posts to answer the simple question, "What are Hillary Clinton's Senate Accomplishments?"

Answer: There are none!
    Aw, no one wants to play with you. They give an accomplishment and you tell them they don't know what they are talking about? Poor you.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    MJ........

Here is what I don't understand. Hillary Clinton is vilified time and again for coming up with a nationalized health care plan. And? What we have is sooo much better now?

No. It just grows worse and worse. What is wrong with people? People do die w/out proper medical care. They really do. But all anyone can talk about was the arrogance of Hillary Clinton and her effort to come up with a better system.

Jeeze. At this point, I'll listen to anyone with an idea for REAL health care reform -- one that provides everyone with coverage. Why, on earth, is that such a radical statement?

I mean, I hate to see people die, in the world's wealthiest nation, because their HMO didn't cover certain things. But I guess that makes me a so-called "bleeding heart liberal."
    Hillary's national health care plan is not a better system. It just allows the government to further entrench itself in the system and increase all of the problems we are having with it. The government has caused the cost of services and insurance rate increases to the levels we have now.
    The path is clear
    Though no eyes can see
    The course laid down long before.
    And so with gods and men
    The sheep remain inside their pen,
    Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by anselmo1 View Post
    Sunday, Oct. 23, 2005 10:29 p.m. EDT
    Dick Morris: Hillary's 'Paltry' Senate Record

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton has been a great Senator for New York - at least according to her fans in the media, who regularly note how hard she works while insisting she's done much for adopted home state.

Baloney, says Dick Morris and Eileen McGann. In their new book "Condi vs Hillary," they blow the lid off Hillary's pathetic Senate performance - a list of accomplishments that are so meager her supporters ought to be embarrassed.

Morris and McGann note: "Hillary has had a total of twenty bills passed since she entered the Senate. Of those, fifteen have been purely symbolic in nature."

Lest they be dismissed as Hillary-haters who don't want to give the former first lady the credit she deserves, "Condi vs Hillary" itemizes Mrs. Clinton's legislative "achievements" (such as they are).

In five years as the most influential Democrat in the Senate, Hillary has managed to get the following laws and resolutions enacted:

• Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site

• Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month

• Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor

• Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall

• Name courthouse after James L. Watson

• Name post office after John A. O'Shea

• Designate August 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day

• Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day

• Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death

• Congratulate the Syracuse University Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.

• Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship

• Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program

• Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda

• Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express condolences on her death

• Honor John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters who lost their lives on duty.

Only five of Clinton's bills are, according to Morris, "substantive":

• Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11

• Pay for city projects in response to 9/11

• Assist landmine victims in other countries

• Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care

• Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the Wilderness Preservation System

Concludes Morris and McGann: "In the face of Hillary Clinton's reputation as an effective U.S. senator, this record of paltry accomplishment is sobering. As much as Alexander Hamilton, Harriet Tubman, and the American Revolution deserve our recognition, one thinks the voters of New York may have expected more of their junior senator."

Not to mention their soon-to-be presidential candidate.
    Anyone care to update us on Hillary's accomplishments in the last three years, since the above quote was originally posted?

she campaigned

running for pres took up her time
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Don't forget the Botox treatments.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information