Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton's Senate Accomplishments

Nonsense. Nothing would make me happier than a Republican President who was moderate (my code word for "sane") on social issues and a fiscal conservative.

Westside, you may be an exception to the rule, for you may be outside what seems to be the Dean dems.

But here's a question: are you also outraged that Mr. Bush has yet to fulfill his campaign promises:

Yep! Done right pissed at times.
    I support his foriegn policy but domestic policy is abismal.

Originally posted by LHardy
    All the qualities of a centrist Democrat and a Fiscal conservative for the Republicans.
    A republican that has a record of not only cheating on his wife but openly running around with his mistress and a conservitive that supports abortion might play with the NY republican party but out side of NY that is sufficent to keep him from getting support from the average republican or conservitive.

I dont consider myself a christian conservitive but his actions definatly turned me off. Hell, even Clinton did it on the side Guiliani did it openly and brazenly.

I think (and this is just my opinion) that Guiliani realizes that any attempt at running for public office would bring the whole sleezy thing back up, just as I belive Hillary is to smart to really belive she could be elected president.

Give this a thought, If there was no 9/11 how would Rudy be remebered? The only thing I remeber just before his term was done (except for 9/11) was pictures of him walking around with his mistress on his arm and his wife moving out of the governors mansion. 9/11 saved his reputation he wont have that if he runs again.

Sorry man but I disagree, Rudy running would be a gift for the dems, they wouldnt even have to sling mud the conservitives would do it for them.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

You know the worst thing about these two. We know them because we are from NY.
    The rest of the country really has no idea. Hillary has more of a national past then Guli does, but the infidelity can easily be brushed aside. All he has to do is say something like "My affair at the time was wrong and I regret having persude it in such a manner." Or some BS like that.
    I do not know who will run for Pres in 08' But for now these two really are the stand outs. It is a long time off but fun to talk about.

It goes deeper then just saying, "I'm sorry it was wrong", there is also the issue of the annulment he got from the church for his first wife (who was also his 2nd cousin which is beyond bizarre to me). It was just 5 yrs ago, while still married, he walked in the st paddys day parade with his girlfriend on his arm (where the city's mayor traditionally walks with his wife)........10 yrs from now maybe, but I believe the incidents would be to recent for most conservatives tastes. The guys personal life is a wreck.

IMHO neither is electable at a national level and I think both of them are smart enough to figure it out.

I hope our next president is more interested in what's going on in our country then everyone else's country. I am interested in seeing how the whole "out sourcing" thing is going to affect us as a nation and since I see it taking away more and more white collar jobs It is becoming more of a national issue then just one of states with high levels of manufacturing.

IMHO if this isn't addressed our dominance of the world market will end so thats what I will be looking for next election.
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Originally posted by LHardy
    As the Dems pray! Please don't run for Pres, Please don't run for Pres!

All the qualities of a centrist Democrat and a Fiscal conservative for the Republicans.
    Not all Republicans are Christian right. In fact they are such a small part of the base that the Dems have yet to figure that out.
    How they hate it when the get beat by thier own rules.
    Stop overgeneralizing! I'm a lifelong democrat, and nothing would make me happier than to see a moderate republican run for president. If Hillary and Rudy run, it would be a major shift on the extreme right and left policies of Bush and Kerry, respectively. I think the country needs a break from it, and no matter who gets elected in a race between two moderates, we'll be better off.

Although, Giuliani gets my vote. NOT because of 9/11 either. It's because you just can't -gate him. He's already cheated on his wife, he has had ties to the mob, and is friends with Bernard Kerik. All of this scandal, and people will STILL vote for him because he is effective.

anselmo1
    Originally posted by citymouse
    Rudy is a moderate republican from (shudder) NEW YORK CITY.
    He won't sell well in Texas, Oklahoma and the other bastions of redneck stability. He won't be a candidate for president.
    Say that all you want, Rudy would thrash Hillary in any election whether it be in the State of New York or the Presidency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hillary_rudy.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	310  

The most conservative NY republican is considered a moderate down south.

You wont find a lot of conservatives in Red states that will vote for anyone that openly supports abortion. You will find Zilch that would vote for a "conservative" that actually dressed in drag and walked in a gay pride parade. Guilinna is about as real a conservative as I am a an astronaut. Hillary on the other hand at least is a real liberal.

anselmo1
    Hillary is an outright "Stalinist" and she would even said so! She would utilize the "Stalinist" approach to Marxism which would make the people of the USA subservient to the government
    in all phases of their respective lives.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hillary unmasked.gif 
Views:	118 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	311  

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    On this I have to disagree with you 1000%, Guillani has no political future, cheating on your wife
    This didn't hurt Bill Clinton at all. Do you think Guillani will be able to dance around this topic like slick Willie did?

Quote Originally Posted by CCRIDER
    This didn't hurt Bill Clinton at all. Do you think Guillani will be able to dance around this topic like slick Willie did?
    He also a health scare, right? Cancer, I think. That, combined with his personal issues, would be too to overcome, IMO.

From what I know, Rednecks prefer Honesty and value Security... not of which Hillary can summons even in moments when she needs Satan's help...

It's WAY to early on the 2008 Election.... but Hillary is NOT the answer, and never will.

She actually many times referrred to the CANADIAN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM as a model to emulate. Fact is CANADA has no National Healthcare and it's in trouble in Ontario ( I know, family are physicians and nurses there)... so being the USA with 10x the populace, I can only image her HEALTH SYSTEM to be atleast 10X worse and a financial nightmare.

I doubt the DNC will win in 2008, especially once the Democrats in Washington raise your taxes and invoke the draft.

I find it disturbing that the two Dems with the highest Presidential profiles---Obama and Clinton---have the slimmest record of accomplishments as compared to other Dem hopefuls.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Quote Originally Posted by biker
    I find it disturbing that the two Dems with the highest Presidential profiles---Obama and Clinton---have the slimmest record of accomplishments as compared to other Dem hopefuls.

Yeah!!

He's been there a whole year!! Why isn't everything all better?????

Of course, there is no press on Bill Richardson. There is too much chance that he would win. Fourteen year Congressman, Ambassador to the UN, Governor for going on 4 years. Just waiting until the repugs ramp up their "swift boats" on him.
    I made a lot of money and spent most of it on booze, fast cars and loose women. I blew the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore
    Yeah!!

He's been there a whole year!! Why isn't everything all better?????

Of course, there is no press on Bill Richardson. There is too much chance that he would win. Fourteen year Congressman, Ambassador to the UN, Governor for going on 4 years. Just waiting until the repugs ramp up their "swift boats" on him.
    I think Richardson deserves more press than he's getting.

As to Swifties, Kerry was a unique moron who deserved what he got. It's heartening that a group of average Americans could bump him off. It's fitting that the political coup de grace was his own stupid big mouth.

BTW-Did Kerry ever release his military records or Teresa her tax returns?
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Unregistered

I find it very difficult to think anyone outside NYC, LA & SF would vote for her

I find it very difficult to think anyone outside NYC, LA & SF would vote for her

And Im always suprised at the people who want to root for a woman just because she is a woman just as I am suprised at the number of women who have been brainwashed into thinking that killing their unborn children is a god given right!

That should be her campaign slogan....Im Hillary Clinton and I will protect your right to poison, suffocate and dismember your children in utero regardless of term without any knowledge from the father, your parents or the government.

Im Senator Hillary Clinton and as senator and presidential candidate, I support and prefer illegal immigrants over american citizens

Im Senator Hillary Clinton and as senator and presidential candidate, I support and prefer foreign corporations and the importation of goods and services over american corporations and domestical goods and services

Im Senator Hillary Clinton and as senator and presidential candidate, I support gender equality, except when it means that my sisters would have the responsibility to serve and defend their country.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information