Thread: An open letter to Joel Giambra

An open letter to Joel Giambra

AN OPEN LETTER TO ERIE COUNTY EXECUTIVE JOEL GIAMBRA

Mr. Giambra:

In a recent interview with the Buffalo News pertaining to the corruption scandal in the county highway department, you were quoted as saying, “The only reason there is an investigation is because I asked for it. And anybody who is found to be doing something improper or illegal will be dealt with swiftly and aggressively.”

I, as a 32-year former employee and former general crew-chief at the Aurora plant, would like you to answer just one question: When did you call for this investigation?

Did you call for an investigation in December of 2000 after I notified the FBI about the suspected corruption of your political appointee, Douglas Naylon at the Aurora plant?

Did you call for an investigation in February of 2001 after the FBI presented information of suspected corruption at the Aurora plant to the Erie County Sheriff’s Department who did not follow up on the information?

Did you call for an investigation at any time from January through March of 2001, after six different employees of the Aurora plant sought assistance from various sources such as the County Legislature, EEOC, EAP, YOUR OFFICE, AFSCME, and Maria
    Lehman, etc?

Did you call for an investigation in the Spring of 2001 when confronted by AFSCME union representatives about suspected corruption at the Aurora plant, and you replied, “I have an 80% approval rating and these people are my appointees - deal with it”?

Did you call for an investigation in May of 2001 when a six-page letter outlining suspected corruption at the Aurora plant was sent to New York State Attorney General Elliott Spitzer and Democratic Chairman Steve Pigeon by myself and others?

Did you call for an investigation in June of 2002 when the FBI and Maria Lehman went to the Aurora plant to investigate, and it was decided to do an internal audit independent of the comptroller’s office?

Did you call for an investigation in August of 2002 after I had a forty-five minute phone conversation with Public Works Commissioner Maria Lehman when she not only vehemently defended Mr. Naylon’s competence but also twice admitted to granting every highway department employee 4-hour leave with pay at a cost of $18,000 of lost services to the tax payer of Erie County in December 2000, the incident which prompted me initially to contact the FBI after Mr. Naylon tried to coerce me into falsifying county documents to cover up this unethical practice?

Did you call for an investigation in August of 2002 after you were presented with this audit, and you decided to withhold this audit pending more information from the FBI?

Did you call for an investigation in December of 2002 after the FBI went to Comptroller Nancy Naples and inquired about the audit that she knew nothing about because your office was withholding it?

Did you call for an investigation in January of 2003 when it was finally decided to terminate Mr. Naylon for being unqualified for a position to which you appointed
    him?

Did you call for an investigation in February of 2003 after I sent a twelve-page letter to Nancy Naples outlining suspected corruption at the Aurora plant?

Did you call for an investigation in March of 2003 when a former Aurora plant employee filed a multimillion dollar lawsuit against the County of Erie , Douglas Naylon, and Daniel Rider?

Did you call for an investigation in May of 2003 after I talked to Luke Moretti of WIVB?

Did you call for an investigation in July of 2003 after my interview with Stephan Mychajliw of WGRZ?

Did you call for an investigation in August of 2003 when you were challenged by Dan Ward, your opponent in the upcoming election?

Tell me, Mr. Giambra, exactly when did you call for this investigation of the of the corruption that is still costing the taxpayers of Erie County hundreds of thousands of dollars and possibly millions of lost tax dollars?

Still looking for accountability and justice,
    Paul Rebrovich

P.S. All of the above can be and has been substantiated through documentation and
    corroboration.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You should see one employee in cheektowaga towns employment. Over $30,000 in over time and they turned a blind eye to it.

Excellent Justice seeker

Unregistered
    One town employee in cheektowaga. This is not a police position or superivisor position. This was brought up to the superivisor and handed to each townboard member as a package of info for some questions to be answered. Never really got answers.

THis is the salary for one employee that monitors thier computers. Quite a few of the issues were caused by the person in general though. Would you believe all the computer equipment is under full service contracts so what does this person do to pad all this overtime? 2001 must of been a busy time.

salary $57,400
    overtime $17,758
    Benifits $12,000

salary $58,189
    overtime $31,198
    Benifits $14,391.06

2002 up until May 10th

salary $23,145
    overtime $9,213
    Benifits $$6,760

Anonymous1Music

Erie Co. Sheriff's Dpt. and OT?!?

Deputy Napora...in the Buffalo NEWS earning over
    $75,000.00 in Over-Time on top of his $60,000.00
    a year honest annual salary. The Erie County Sheriff's
    Department has been overtaken by a crook who is
    permitting his South Buffalo buddies to rrrrrrrrip off
    you and me: The Stupid Taxpayer! Do the math,
    there are numerous employees in the Sheriff's
    Department who are nearly doubling their annual
    salaries by milking the cow to death!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We need to form a committy.

We do a GIANT FOI for all overtime amounts throughout WNY local goverment employees including time cards. Lets say 25% of them are taking these types of overtime checks home. Wonders why there's no money left. They might this it's common to continue this practice if they see thier co-workers doing it.

Any volunteers like to group up and become a FOI monster and tackle the overtime abuse issue?

We can start a complete new page and list each position without names and the amount of overtime each took. Just department titles and the overtime amounts. What if we happen to find out that 30% of thier salaries are overtime? I would say they are milking the system then.

Also, did you know some unions worked out a work 4 hours and get paid for 8? How would you like that? I bet when they go over 8 they get overtime. Maybe they don't and they bank ther short overs against long days.. What do you think?

Thread Information