Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie County Tea Party

Unregistered

Erie County Tea Party

Rus Thompson is orchestrating the 'Erie County Tea Party.'

Date: Saturday, March 28th.
    Time: 2:00 PM

For some strange reason this page has not been allowing comments, I apologize for that. I wanted this to be the page where people could just sign in and say, “I’ll be there, Bill from Rochester”. Some emailers informed me of this so please go here to sign in.

The idea of a Tea Party is growing with little effort at this point. So now is the time to give some effort and get this revolt going. We have 3 weeks to get it going here and hopefully in areas around the state.

The date? March 28th 2 PM at the Terminus of the Erie Canal.

Who's in? What can you do to get this moving?

Contact everyone you know, any reform minded groups, blogs, forums and find some sponsors and reform minded politicians.

What say you? Interested? It is time to get off your apathy, get away from the keyboard and get active.

This tea party event focuses on State and County issues, our representation or better yet, lack of representation and their inability to listen and act in our best interest.

I could make my own list of grievances but do not want to always be the one out in front of these things.

So, where is it? look at this picture it’s a perfect spot for the Tea Party.
    How to get there? Here is a google map.

http://albanysinsanity.wnymedia.net/...nty-tea-party/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know why Rus doesn't work with Jim O and make one large Tea Party Protest.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't know why Rus doesn't work with Jim O and make one large Tea Party Protest.
    I was thinking the same thing.

I kind of get the impression that there's some sort of friction between them. If that's the case, it's a sad thing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sometimes I wonder why more people don't work together versus basically against each other.

Sometimes I wonder why more people don't work together versus basically against each other.
    Well if our leaders worked together how would sell a bill that's called McCain/Reid/Pelosi/Frank/Dodd....ect Amnesty act?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

The devil is always in the details, especially true if either one is a control freak.

One of them seems to be less radical and more realistic thinking to me. But that's just an impression I get from reading their writings.

Unregistered
    tea paties are happening all over the country. different groups for different reasons. i saw it on msnbc (or cnn) the other day. when it comes to tea parties, the more the merrier.

Rus and I are together on this.

We need a series of rallies, culminating in what might be called, if it was a workday, a national strike, on July 4.

Rus's event focuses on state issues since it just before the clowns in Albany do their budget.

Ours focuses on national issues in tandem with the other tax day rallies. The 18th is a much better day for working people.

But both events are being coordinated by committees that are open to new members. Believe me, we want to throw some of the work your way.

As far as being radical, I am the first one to admit it. Radical means going to the root cause of a problem. It does not mean prone to violence. The whole point of libertarianism is to minimize violence in society.

The root cause of our problems is that we long ago abandoned republican government for a consolidated national "democratic" corporate state with a global military empire.

That model is now crashing and burning and could take the rest of us with it unless we wake up fast.

On April 18th, we will offer a concrete workable plan for how we can restore the republic with direct citizen action.

You will be able to take it home and tape it to the fridge and you will be able to do each of the 12 steps without asking a slimy politician to do anything and without trying to get anyone elected.

1rad·i·cal
    Pronunciation: \ˈra-di-kəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin radicalis, from Latin radic-, radix root — more at root
    Date: 14th century
    1: of, relating to, or proceeding from a root: as a (1): of or growing from the root of a plant (2): growing from the base of a stem, from a rootlike stem, or from a stem that does not rise above the ground b: of, relating to, or constituting a linguistic root c: of or relating to a mathematical root d: designed to remove the root of a disease or all diseased and potentially diseased tissue
    2: of or relating to the origin : fundamental
    3 a: marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : extreme b: tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c: of, relating to, or constituting a political group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs
    4slang : excellent , cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    libertarianism
    Got it.... Social Darwinism... Another devotee of the heartless wench Ayn Rand.

I'll pass, I'd like to keep my lunch in my stomach. Although it be amusing to spew chunks over this crowd.

Who is John Galt, eh?
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mohandas Gandhi

Whatever gets you around a process of actual thought is fine with me.

Rand? Hated libertarianism, was pro-North in the Civil War, loved nukes, was pro-Israel and was an atheist, worhsipped the Constitution.

I'm a Catholic Copperhead AntiFederalist. Hate nukes and favor neutrality on Palestine.

My articles attacking the state as an institution would be get me kicked out of any Randian cult.

She was very good on economics I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Araujo View Post
    You don't have to waste time resonding to pure negativity.
    I can see you're trying to do a good thing.
    No he's not, not if he thinks Rand's economic policies were good.

When you read Swift's "A Modest Proposal" did you realize it was satire?
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mohandas Gandhi

Tony Fracasso - Admin

What economics are the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
    No he's not, not if he thinks Rand's economic policies were good.

When you read Swift's "A Modest Proposal" did you realize it was satire?
    So Flutter? What amount of money in services/cash/credits/minutes etc.. do you believe each and every person is entitled to if they have every excuse not to work? There are real cases where you just need to take care of people but we see that's not the case in a of of cases.

Or what do you believe each American is entitled to? Cell phones now, free food, free heap, free just about anything a person physically needs to well live for the most part.

So Flutter? What amount of money in services/cash/credits/minutes etc.. do you believe each and every person is entitled to if they have every excuse not to work? There are real cases where you just need to take care of people but we see that's not the case in a of of cases.

Or what do you believe each American is entitled to? Cell phones now, free food, free heap, free just about anything a person physically needs to well live for the most part.
    Excuse or valid reason?

I've stated earlier my opinion on welfare, which is actually fiscally conservative to a degree, but with one major caveat - that being we have to pay for the children that are already here, but cut off the money train for any future children.

I would reform welfare in a number of ways - more job training, subsidized child care for those who are actually working but aren't making much, centralized communal dormitory style housing (because it's easier to heat one building and feed 100 people then it is to heat 100 homes and give them all food stamps)

I believe every person should have free health care. I further believe the money we're spending currently on insurance and HMO's to deny us needed coverage, and in higher premiums to cover the cost of the uninsured, we're basically paying for 2 layers of bureaucracy, at the HMO and at the Hospital, and it's making the bottom line about the money, when that's not what Doctor's and Nurse's should be thinking about first, but what's best for the patient. - Basically, I believe people that think Universal Healthcare is going to cost them more in the long run are just plain wrong.

As far as entitlements to luxuries like cell phones and the like, I don't think anyone "needs" a cell phone unless they're legitimately using it for business purposes. I don't "need" my cell phone, but I can afford the luxury.

Where I differ from Randian and other fiscal conservatives is that I believe both flat tax and use taxes (like sales tax) are more of a financial burden to these least able to handle them, primarily because they are going to spend their entire paycheck as soon as it's handed to them, and pay sales tax on almost every penny they earn, where as the middle and upper classes are going to save a portion of their earnings and not be double dipped on it. I also believe that the onus of paying for society properly lies with the upper 10% of wealth, because it is them the system is geared to protect. Their property and assets are the most at risk should the system collapse, and it is in their best interest to educate the populace so that they can be productive contributors to their industries.

"I believe every person should have free health care."

No, you believe some people should be forced at gunpoint to pay for the health care of others. That's slavery. You believe that people are resources to be used. I don't.

Besides, "free health care" is a kind of fantasy concept. Whatever is in the minds of its proponents cannot exist. Since all resources are scarce, state-run health care will be rationed by bureaucrats over whom, like all bureaucrats, you will have, as an individual, zero control. Life and death decisions, and decisions about your most personal and familial issues, will be made by bureaucrats.

This is a deal breaker for me.

I will not ever deal with a state-run medical system. I will either leave the country or leave the country when I need a doctor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information