Just for John

Just for John Fundraising Organization

Time and Place Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009
    Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm

Street: Main Street

City/Town: West Seneca, NY
    Contact Info Email: steve777b@yahoo.com

Dear Friends,

The purpose of this event is to inform you of an opportunity to help a great man & his dear family with a great need. We are presently planning a benefit to help a precious friend of ours, John Worth. John is the father of six children (ages 5-17) and the devoted husband of Jennifer Worth. He has recently been diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), commonly referred to as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.” Due to the quick progression of the illness, John is already unable to work any longer.

As you can imagine, the expenses to treat this disease as well as to provide for a family of eight are mounting. This benefit is critical to the financial survival & well-being of the family.
    The benefit will be held on Saturday, April 4, 2009 at the West Seneca Vigilant Fire Hall (Main Street) from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
    The benefit will include raffling off theme baskets as well as a silent auction.
    Tickets can be purchased for $20/person ($35/couple) presale or for $25 at the door.
    The cost of admission will include a beef-on-weck (or pulled pork) meal.
    Tickets can be purchased through Debbie Becker. She can be reached by phone at (716) 894-2096 or via email at beckers56@roadrunner.com.

If you or someone you know is able to help with donations for the benefit, please contact us. Our Committee consists of the following members: VICE PRESIDENT - Steve Myers (683-4656); DONATIONS - Laurie Baer (674-7947) & Lynn Jahn (684-4032); FOOD – Sandi Bird (652-0069) & Debbie Becker. If able to make a financial donation, please make the check out to “Just for John” and send it ℅ Pastor Kevin Kabel to 5174 Seneca Street, West Seneca, NY 14224. It is our hope and prayer that we can significantly & substantially help the Worth’s during this difficult time.

Again, THANK YOU for your time and consideration for this special friend & family - they’re WORTH it!
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

It's this Saturday. There are 250-ish baskets
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

What a good thing to do on a day like today
    I'm leaving now

Can't make it to the benefit but we'll send some prayers his way.

I have a friend in England who just was diagnosed with ALS.
    I'm just here to make people laugh. And to confuse people. Oh, and to irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Achbek1 View Post
    Can't make it to the benefit but we'll send some prayers his way.

I have a friend in England who just was diagnosed with ALS.
    Prayers are worth more than all the money in the world
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. ALS is such a sad disease. I'll send prayers up for your friend.

Thread Information