Thread: Wisconsin officials raid animal shelter to kill baby deer named Giggles

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Wisconsin officials raid animal shelter to kill baby deer named Giggles

Wisconsin officials raid animal shelter to kill baby deer named Giggles

Two weeks ago, Ray Schulze was working in a barn at the Society of St. Francis no-kill animal shelter in Kenosha, Wis., when officials swarmed the shelter with a search warrant.

“[There were] nine [Department of Natural Resources] agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth,” Mr. Schulze told WISN 12. “It was like a SWAT team.”

The agents were there to retrieve a baby deer named Giggles that was dropped off by a family worried she had been abandoned by her mother, the station reported. Wisconsin law forbids the possession of wildlife.

“I said the deer is scheduled to go to the wildlife reserve the next day,” Mr. Schulze told the station. “I was thinking in my mind they were going to take the deer and take it to a wildlife shelter, and here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag. I said, ‘Why did you do that?’ He said, ‘That’s our policy,’ and I said, ‘That’s one hell of a policy.’”

Read the full story

Thank God they got it while it was still young - once they grow them big saber tooth fangs they can rip am arm off -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

If they hadn't broken the law in the first place it would have been allowed to die a dignified natural death in the wild.

The mis-guided do-gooders need to let nature takes its course with wildlife.

If you are not in the woods as either predator or prey, then you are just a disruption of the natural world. Stay home and watch Bambi.

I find it unsettling that more and more police are becoming militarized "armed to the teeth" for more and more things.

I remember when a local physicians office was shut down for illegal dispensing of controlled substances. The Buff News picture showed a cop outside of chained office with
    an M4 assault rifle.....damn!

What am I missing lately?

Thread Information