Thread: So you want to be Mayor

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So you want to be Mayor

Judy
    What will I do? I'll bring qualified people into City Hall. I'll straighten out the budget, so it's transparent. I'll redesign systems so they work for us, with us, instead of against us. I'll build relationships, partnerships within the city, regionally, statewide, and internationally to spur on economic development. I'll work to make sure every student in our public school gets a quality education in spite of the fact that our system is one of the school systems Jonathan Kozol calls "the shame of the nation." I'll pay attention to neighborhoods and be relentless about reducing criminal activity. I'll fight the state and the county to get the money the feds have allocated to Buffalo but which these governments won't release for us to get big projects done. I'll actually have the health of the environment on my radar screen. I'll do everything a good mayor should do.
    What have you done in the past which would give us confidence you could do what you said above?

Have you had employees underneath you or have you been in a position to hire people?

What experience have you had with budgets on the business level? Have you ran a business where budgeting was necessary?

Have you worked in a business or ran a business which needed to be completative either locally or on a statewide/national level?

Re: So you want to be Mayor

Originally posted by WNYresident
    What have you done in the past which would give us confidence you could do what you said above?

Have you had employees underneath you or have you been in a position to hire people?

What experience have you had with budgets on the business level? Have you ran a business where budgeting was necessary?

Have you worked in a business or ran a business which needed to be completative either locally or on a statewide/national level?
    And, do you have any experience negotiating with unions?

copied from her website:

Ms. Einach has worked throughout her adult life. She has executive and managerial experience in the non-profit and for-profit sectors. She is responsible for having created jobs, not in the public sector, but in the private sector. Most recently she directed Food Ventures, a micro enterprise development program that sparked 90 new businesses. She credits this success to her experience as owner/operator of a retail establishment and to her experience in education.

When her children were young Ms. Einach was an active public school parent and active in community-supported youth sports programs. Since 1998 when she bought a HUD home on the west side, she’s taken a leadership role in block club activities, which naturally evolved into more extensive efforts to restore and revitalize the entire west side.

Ms. Einach has direct knowledge of neighborhoods throughout Buffalo. She has worked with neighborhood groups on a range of projects, from leadership development to clean-ups. As a private consultant working on an independent evaluation of a large Federal grant to the City of Buffalo, she has had extensive conversations about existing conditions with community members. She has a deep understanding of our City’s problems and of the strength of its residents, their resilience and commitment to better tomorrows.

In 2001 Ms. Einach ran as a write-in candidate for mayor.

Re: Re: So you want to be Mayor

Originally posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    And, do you have any experience negotiating with unions?

He's not running for mayor! She is and the question is legitimate!
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I notice the question was never answered.

I'm not surprised.
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically you're saying Unions run this town, not the mayor.

I'd rather the elected Govt run the govt... not the unions running the govt.

Thread Information