Thread: Are We Idiots?

Are We Idiots?

I mean collectively, as a society?

Unregistered
    Uh, YES!

For real, you jackass!

Are we able to evolve any more than we have, think about it?

We "supposedly" look up to people like Oprah, Obama, Bush, Charles Barkley, Hillary.... fill in any idiot here... We get are "news" from people like Bill O'Reilly and Keith Olberman... We can't find a politician that isn't part of tax evasion to save our life..

We see, hear and read about some pretty stupid people every day. Even the supposed "smart ones" get burned by people like Madoff.

Look around your own personal life and what you see everyday, are we stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    Yes, we are.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

After much deep and contemplative thought on the subject, I must sadly agree with y'all.
    We are a nation of idiots.

Present company excluded of course. uh hem.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post

Present company excluded of course. uh hem.
    Well, of course!

Nice!

I was thinking of going back to my boyfriend, Chris Brown, but then Oprah talked me out of it.

you go girl.

For real, you jackass!

Are we able to evolve any more than we have, think about it?

We "supposedly" look up to people like Oprah, Obama, Bush, Charles Barkley, Hillary.... fill in any idiot here... We get are "news" from people like Bill O'Reilly and Keith Olberman... We can't find a politician that isn't part of tax evasion to save our life..

We see, hear and read about some pretty stupid people every day. Even the supposed "smart ones" get burned by people like Madoff.

Look around your own personal life and what you see everyday, are we stupid?

"Scientists will tell you that the most common element in the universe is Hydrogen. That is incorrect. It is Stupidity"

25 Speak Up Points to the first person who correctly identifies the "author*" of that quote.

*= hint. HE said it, other people quoted him.

Unregistered
    niagara falls froze over. snoops said it ain't so. the beauty of the internet. tries to teach us to believe everything we see. back in the day, the idea of wireless transmition was a fear. it's easiest to lie when you're not face to face. cable "news" is probably 95% opine. 5% fact. cell phones and blabbing loudly your persoanl biz in the middle of a supper market. does everyone have to know your biz? technology was taught to make us smarter. today it is making some of us dumber than dumb. internet, message boards, "my opinion is greater that yours" attitude is what people want to talk about more than what's real in this world. people are starving in the streets and the best media can give is 5 days of talking about a woman who had 8 children. local news does what they can to keep up on ratings with cable news. they give us opinions on 2, 4, and 7. can't stand local news. Yes. local media made us idiots.

Exactly.

!

Hey, if I had tons of money I too can buy my way into the White House. However, that's for my next life.

On the other hand, I don't think we're like the Borg on star trek. But this counry seem to be gone into some kind of shell.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Most of us are not idiots when you consider the circumstances;The society in which we "live."
    Aside from a relative handful of liberal/progressive types that actually SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH
    Most of us are products of the info that the various forms of the mainstream media and the ad agencies fill our heads with not to mention the quickly declining quality of education and lazy apathetic parents.

In many respects, yes. We ARE a society of idiots, myself included;For believing foolish things we should know BETTER THAN to accept at face value or because we believe that human turds like Billy O' or Rush or local turds "care about us" and would never lie to us.

Most of us live in a relatively closed society as far as the input we receive on a daily basis so honestly, we can't HELP being conditioned into becoming idiots because we have so little free time to relax, reflect;To THINK and realize how badly we've been bent over and made to squeal like a Pig by those who've grown wealthy off "us peasants."

As I've written before;The current crop of "kids" is without a doubt the DUMBEST most PATHETIC and WEAK collection of moronic misfits our modern society has produced so far (no, not all kids).

If you ask, "have we been dumbed down so much that we've become idiots," I'd be forced to say, "yes" and again,
    thank the media,
    thank the ad agencies
    thank the government
    thank uber-modern technology which has further alienated us while simultaneously entertaining us devolving us into the brain-numb morons most of us see when we gaze in the mirror, myself included.
    DUH.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded View Post
    Aside from a relative handful of liberal/progressive types that actually SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH
    I really needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

no longer will do for self

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Uh, YES!
    IS THIS WHAT WE WILL SEE??...well ....future generations....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Thread Information