Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rising real estate assessments means profits for the owner ?

Question Rising real estate assessments means profits for the owner ?

I read this in another post, "This home ownership scam is bs anyways as all your really doing is RENTING the property from the govt, your not even allowed to outright own property in the united states!"

1. Thats not what most of us think - thats not what we are being told !
    2. Isn't it true that when our "assessed value" goes up - our "Market Value Increases" ?
    3. Aren't our taxes based on the "Value" of our property ?
    We are told by our local Government and our local "Tax assessor" that our values increased - so we pay more - isn't that true ?

How does our local Government finance it self and tax funded services/employees?

By the time (if ever) you finish pay off the mortgage - given the recent level of local taxation - your monthly tax bill be close to your original monthly loan payment - when do we stop paying more ?

Help me out here -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    By the time (if ever) you finish pay off the mortgage - given the recent level of local taxation - your monthly tax bill be close to your original monthly loan payment - when do we stop paying more ?
    When we replace the controlling political party and their players.

We do not have a revenue issue we have a spending issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    I read this in another post, "This home ownership scam is bs anyways as all your really doing is RENTING the property from the govt, your not even allowed to outright own property in the united states!"

1. Thats not what most of us think - thats not what we are being told !
    2. Isn't it true that when our "assessed value" goes up - our "Market Value Increases" ?
    3. Aren't our taxes based on the "Value" of our property ?
    We are told by our local Government and our local "Tax assessor" that our values increased - so we pay more - isn't that true ?

How does our local Government finance it self and tax funded services/employees?

Help me out here -
    Real property assessments are based on the Fair Market Value of the property. If the town assessor thinks your FMV has increased but you think it has not, there is a very easy way to challenge the assessment through a small claims assessment review hearing (not in small claims court - instead you get heard before a hearing officer paid by the state.) I was a SCAR hearing officer about 2 decades ago.

You present your side, the assessor presents his side, and the hearing officer makes the determination.

If you owned your property you wouldnt be REQUIRED to pay taxes on said property.

Its like a car, you buy a car, pay sales taxes on it, pay the registration fee (tax) the inspection fee (tax)

Now if you dont ever take the car out on a public road, you arnt required to to keep paying a tax on it. Infact if you decide to not pay the tax, the Govt cant come and 'sieze it' because the car doesnt belong to them

A govt entity or any entity for that matter cant sieze anything for failure to pay UNLESS they hold the title to said property.

Which means, if you buy a house, free and clear, its not free and clear because there is a never ending tax lien against it...

Lets get rid of school taxes, and property taxes all together, and raise the sales tax. want your kids to go to school, fine YOU pay for it! forcing everyone else to foot your bill is stupid and stifles freedom and liberty
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    If you owned your property you wouldnt be REQUIRED to pay taxes on said property.

Its like a car, you buy a car, pay sales taxes on it, pay the registration fee (tax) the inspection fee (tax)

Now if you dont ever take the car out on a public road, you arnt required to to keep paying a tax on it. Infact if you decide to not pay the tax, the Govt cant come and 'sieze it' because the car doesnt belong to them

A govt entity or any entity for that matter cant sieze anything for failure to pay UNLESS they hold the title to said property.

Which means, if you buy a house, free and clear, its not free and clear because there is a never ending tax lien against it...

Lets get rid of school taxes, and property taxes all together, and raise the sales tax. want your kids to go to school, fine YOU pay for it! forcing everyone else to foot your bill is stupid and stifles freedom and liberty
    Real property taxes are the means by which We the People have decided to fund our local government.

We the People have also decided that we want an educated populace and we are willing to pay for it.

The tax lien is needed to keep the leaches from riding free on the rest of us. Leaching isn't freedom, it's just plain old leaching.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Real property taxes are the means by which We the People have decided to fund our local government.

We the People have also decided that we want an educated populace and we are willing to pay for it.

The tax lien is needed to keep the leaches from riding free on the rest of us. Leaching isn't freedom, it's just plain old leaching.
    Real property taxes are the means by which "The winning political party" has devised to enrich themselves in a lot of cases.

[QUOTE=nogods;1145747]Real property taxes are the means by which We the People have decided to fund our local government.

When did "We the people" vote to give "government" the right to impose unlimited taxation? Did I miss a ballot proposition some where?

How does endless taxation on something we buy (a home) - stop others from living free - when do we live free ? The "Leach's" seem to be fed off our taxes - so who's riding - what - free ?

Some people like you have your finger so deep into the "system" - your income so wrapped around "Playing the system" you just hate to admit that taxes and Governmental spending is out of control.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    When did "We the people" vote to give "government" the right to impose unlimited taxation? Did I miss a ballot proposition some where?
    Seems like the spending priorities are not proper. THere are basic infrastructure needs that need to be met before other spending. There needs to be solid caps on items like cost of labor contract items. Common sense.

[QUOTE=4248;1145786]
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

How does endless taxation on something we buy (a home) - stop others from living free - when do we live free ? The "Leach's" seem to be fed off our taxes - so who's riding - what - free ?

Some people like you have your finger so deep into the "system" - your income so wrapped around "Playing the system" you just hate to admit that taxes and Governmental spending is out of control.
    You apparently missed the last election - the one in which your lame candidates lost and We the People elected the candidates who reflect our positions.

Try again next election. You are always free to run on a platform We the People will reject.

I think is homeowners were forced to receive a separate bill for their school and property taxes instead of such being rolled into their mortgage many more people would be alert to how much we actually pay in taxes.

If you buy a $100,000 home, half your mortgage payment is taxes. the economic growth would be quite substantial if taxes were cut in half.

However you talk about 'We The People' yet fail to realise that we the People no longer have any control over our govt.

How many people fear the govt? just about everyone, you pay your taxes and forgo paying other bills or doing maintnence on your house out of fear of the govt. when people fear their govt they have tyranny, when govt fears the people you have liberty.

I think is homeowners were forced to receive a separate bill for their school and property taxes instead of such being rolled into their mortgage many more people would be alert to how much we actually pay in taxes.

If you buy a $100,000 home, half your mortgage payment is taxes. the economic growth would be quite substantial if taxes were cut in half.

However you talk about 'We The People' yet fail to realise that we the People no longer have any control over our govt.

How many people fear the govt? just about everyone, you pay your taxes and forgo paying other bills or doing maintnence on your house out of fear of the govt. when people fear their govt they have tyranny, when govt fears the people you have liberty.
    It is amazing how little so many people know about the amount of taxes they pay. your example of the real property rolled into mortgage payments is a good one. People also think that if the get a refund on their income tax that they didn't pay any tax.

But the information is there for them to know. it's not hidden, it's just their ignorance.

Oh I am well aware of the taxes I pay, such as the $36 dollars a week I pay in taxes for gasoline.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Oh I am well aware of the taxes I pay, such as the $36 dollars a week I pay in taxes for gasoline.
    Go look at other bills you have and the fees/taxes you also pay. It is odd you pay income tax yet they need more fees on items on top of that.

Tell you there are too many government workers being paid too much when you add up salary/health care package/benefit package given.

Don't believe me go check out www.seethroughny.org.

So, gonads is saying because his fellow got elected - that gives the our permission to raise taxes where ever and when ever they want - ????????

I guess someone who puts drunks back on the road - after taking their money - perverting and fighting the same laws he wears as a shield - no wonder his view of the Government/Politics is so jaded!

He promotes the anti gun agenda - as long as he keeps his - he promotes tax grabs - as long as someone else is paying.

Once again - I don't think our Daddy's Democratic Leaders actually envisioned lawyers like him steering our Countries Political Agenda .

God Bless America !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    So, gonads is saying because his fellow got elected - that gives the our permission to raise taxes where ever and when ever they want - ????????

I guess someone who puts drunks back on the road - after taking their money - perverting and fighting the same laws he wears as a shield - no wonder his view of the Government/Politics is so jaded!

He promotes the anti gun agenda - as long as he keeps his - he promotes tax grabs - as long as someone else is paying.

Once again - I don't think our Daddy's Democratic Leaders actually envisioned lawyers like him steering our Countries Political Agenda .

God Bless America !
    To the winner goes the spoils...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information