Thread: Unofficial Results: Byron Brown Loses Two Out Of Three Primaries

Unofficial Results: Byron Brown Loses Two Out Of Three Primaries

Based on paper ballot counting at the Erie County Board of Elections, it looks like Byron Brown lost two out of three primary elections: winning the Democratic line but losing both the Independence and Conservative lines.

With seven out of nine council districts counted, Independence candidate Charles Flynn unofficially still leads Byron Brown by ten votes in that primary.

"The Independence count appears that Charles Flynn may be slightly ahead of Mr. Brown," said Democratic Elections Commissioner Dennis Ward.

"It looks like Charlie Flynn is continuing his lead," added Republican Elections Commissioner Ralph Mohr.

There are two Districts that still need to be counted on Monday: South and North, two Election Districts where Flynn is expected to maintain his slim lead.

2 On Your Side’s Stefan Mychajliw: "What's it look like to you?"

Flynn: "It's looking the same way it broke on Election night (a ten vote lead)."

Mychajliw: "What's your gut feeling about this?"

Flynn: "We can win it."

Mychajliw: "But what do you think?"

Flynn: "It looks like it's breaking the same way it did on Election night."

Mychajliw: “That you're going to win?”

Flynn: "I hope."

Think of it this way: as of Primary night, Byron Brown had roughly $700,000 in campaign cash on hand. Charles Flynn: $21.

"We had $100 left on Election night. And a $79 bill at the bar," added Flynn.

Queen City Mayoral Candidate Kevin Helfer continues to cruise over Brown on the Conservative line.

Helfer increased his lead over Byron Brown 131-84, picking up a hefty 44 write-in votes in the University District.

With South and North Districts the only Districts needed to be counted, it appears as though Helfer will win the Conservative Primary.

Helfer waged a write-in effort against Brown, and becomes the first candidate in Buffalo history to win a write-in campaign.

"At this point, it looks like Kevin Helfer has pulled ahead," said Ward.

"Kevin Helfer is in a very good position after today. We would expect that he would ultimately succeed in the Conservative race," said Mohr.

In the race for the Erie County Legislature, it looks like Primary Challenge candidate Cindy Locklear’s lead over incumbent Tim Wroblewski got bigger.

With South Cheektowaga on machines Primary night, Locklear was up 138 votes. West Seneca, considered to be Wroblewski’s base, voted on paper.

With 29 West Seneca Election Districts counted, and 23 to go, Locklear’s lead increases by 26 votes. Unofficially, she leads Wroblewski in the Democratic Primary by 164 votes.

"I feel very comfortable with it. I'm pleased. But I'm certainly not counting on a total victory at this point. And I'm certain he has a very strong base in West Seneca. So at this point it definitely is encouraging for me," said Locklear.

"Cindy Locklear is still maintaining the lead she had on Election night. And has actually increased her lead slightly," said Mohr.

"Miss Locklear is maintaining a small lead," said Ward.

The Erie County Board of Elections is expected to finish counting paper ballots in the Mayoral race as well as the Legislature’s 9th District no later than Monday afternoon.

http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=31780
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

I'm still dumbfounded that Brown could be on the conservative line at all.
    NY's conservative party must really be a joke
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Thread Information